TDV6 Range Rover

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Bazz

The TDV6 engine is only in the RR Sport I think and that has not been arround for 3 1/2 years yet, so I presume the RR you have been offerred is one with the inline six cylinder BMW diesel engine.

Fine engine if a little underpowerred in the RR but performance can easily be improved with larger Intercoolers and re-chipping.

It looks like economy is often improved by doing this as well.

Sorry but no experience of economy - I am a V8 guy through and through and feel that a LPG'd V8 is a far better bet.

However - those that have that BMW straight six say it gets better with age and just keeps going. Not heard bad things about its economy (not like the V8 then!) so could be a good bet.

Do check its history - and do take an experienced guy along with you if you are not. Any 4x4 has a few more bits to it so if their is a problem it can be expensive.

I understand that their are 3 year old vehicles now available as ex-lease cars that may have slightly high mileage but excellent service history and so can make an excellent buy.

Hope it works out well.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lovely car but very underpowered. The TDV6 is the engine in the Disco 3 and RRS the full fat RR has a straight 6 BMW engine, soon to be replaced by the TDV8 PSA engine, this will probably hammer residuals on the TD6 RRs

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts