TFT Recommendations

Mar 11, 2004
Visit site
Hi all,

Thanks for the responses from my earlier thread, but could anyone tell me what TFT's you own and if you could recommend them to me / other owners - it seems a bit of a mine field out there and it would be nice to gather some sort of a data base of what ones are good!

Also, do your TFT's have a manual tune facility, so if reception is poor, you can still watch a poor signal - if not does the auto tune work o.k in poor reception areas (i.e does it not store the 'dodgy' channels in??).

Any help once again appreciated.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have a 17" Samsung TFT Widesreeen as we hook up a sony playstation to it and use it as a games machine / DVD player, quality is good and it does have a manual tuning facility. Use Pricerunner to get the best price and ordered online and it arrived within 2 days.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What I have noticed is the 'hardware' is getting better, I have had the DMTECH 17" from Comet or Macro for 5 months, this has a 400:1 contrast...but set to maximum when you get it??. Newer 'run of the mill' models seem more generally becoming 600:1 which suggests improved technology is still filtering down to the lower priced models...keeping the price high but more for your money. As for how good is mine,(which I am told is made by Samsung for the Dutch market), apart from the tiny OSD the picture quality, tuning abilities and other functions are all there and work well...very pleased especially considering it has the lowest price on the market.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts