Thetford 250 flush

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a problem with the flusher unit on a Thetford 250 in a 2010 Lunar Quasar 544

it keeps flushing of its own accord and continues until the clean water tank is empty. Twice I've been in the van so have been able to switch off elec power to stop it. The third time I was out for 4 hours and came back to the pump running and toilet bowl filled to top - don't know how long pump was running.

Caravan is still under warranty from caravan sales company who have been out twice - replaced new circuit board first time and used emery paper second time.

I must say I would prefer a manual flush like my last van, as I have heard of a few people having problems with these.

I would appreciate any advice on this
with thanks
Maggie

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem with my Bailey Orion.
The circuit board beneath the blue spot on the on the cistern is sticking and may require renewing. If you telephone Thetford and tell them the problem they will send you a new one which is easy to replace (it comes with instructions).
They did not charge me for the new part or the postage.

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
The constant flushing can be caused by condensation on the circuit board under the button pad, normally caused when water is left in the flush tank

TRENDING THREADS