Thought Police / Mod Madness

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I posted photo's that were taken at PUBLIC EVENTS and are free to all on the internet as well as being sold.

The photo's are free to download and have been emailed around the world and featured on many public web sites.

The main web sites the Photo's have appeared on have a large number of under age youngsters and family as forum members and followers of the main web sites features where the photo's have also appeared!

PC forum members, in the main Adults I assume, may though be offended so posts removed!

Photo of obese an naked man and people with disfigured faces though seem to be acceptable.

Simple well published freely available Photo's removed of the healthy human form that shows nothing more that faces a child or the over sensitive at any Newspaper Retail point!

It seems that on the PC forum you can mock those with obvious health and dissability problems but the natural human form "MAY OFFEND".

Get a grip on reality Moderator before you decide what may offend!

Your action and email to me this morning is in very poor taste!

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
I did not complain but I do agree with them being removed. My kids read this forum with me (mainly to read LB's comments as they seem to be on the same wavelength, sorry LB). Maybe a link to them would have been better

Steve

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I'm sorry cris, and I'm not sucking up, but I have to go with His Moddyship on this one. I'm far from a prude but a line has to be drawn somewhere. OK I accept that someone can take their kids to beaches and see the same thing, topless women, but that is their choice. When accessing a caravan chat forum most would think thats all it was then they are confronted with those pics. Personally I don't find them offensive but we have to cater for all tastes. Some ladies using the forum would probably find them tasteless too, not all are young swingers heheheheh! pardon the pun. Now we have a way of posting pics I would hate to see it jeopardised by a little bit of tittilation (OMG I must find different words, pardon the pun again). Sorry m8 but His Moddyship is right in my book.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Well I am staggered by this.

With the greatest of respect some of Lord B's and others words would be more of a worry to my youngsters.

As said the photo's were taken in Public at Public events with plenty of children present!

The photo's have been and are available freely to view on forums ond web sites frequented by families and children.

Now I don't know where you guys go with you vans, but there was nothing in the photo's that kids are not likely to see on camp sites in the UK or abroad.

We even went to Chantepie Camp site in France when my kids were young where they spotted two of our near neighbours wives and a daughter topless and then my 6 year old sons teacher apart from anything they are others will see on UK sites.

Even on an Irish beach on the ring of Kerry last year some women from the campsite went topless with loads of young kids around!

If any lady is offended on this site I suggest that they avoid most camp sites and sell the van and join a convent ;-)

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
cris

Yours were not the only pics I removed depicting near-naked people. I just feel that they are not suitable for the PCV forum and could be interpreted as degrading.

They may be freely available on internet websites, but then so are a lot of photos we wouldn't really want duplicated here!

Mod1

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Moderator has zapped a joke I posted, but I don't always read them before posting.

Reading it through properly I agree with mod for zapping it was a bit to expicit.

Written or photgraphed we all think things go a bit to far and still giggle.

But there are people who feel offended.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Your reply Mod 1 seems to imply that these photo's are seen on some shady web site.

They are from "family" and "Sport" orientated web sites that are far bigger than this site with far more child viewers and members.

How can something that can walk past you at any camp site be degrading ?

What kind of message do you want to present to visitors to this site? Sober people clothed Burka style or a wide mix of open minded people!

In recent times some of the posts have refered to the size of posters boobs and posteriors yet a healthy body is likely to cause offense on here when men and women in minimal dress can be seen on many UK camp sites by chiildren and anyone else!

Once again Mod 1 decides on what is suitable but with little thought to what else is posted here.

On our welcome page Sparkes welcomes a guy and then rebuffs the guy with his second line, the guy is new so was the way Steve put the second line really wise and welcomimg.

Lutz Then follows with his "NEVER" start to his post without even a hello and welcome. I found Lutz reply quite rude following what was my well founded advice, but would have found it rude if somebody else had posted it and then been followed by Lutz's comment!

So Mod 1 do tell what sort of signals this gives to a new members and others that may view this site.

I will not lose sleep, but do wonder about what you expect here at times following some of your comments and actions :)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Cris,

As a retired nurse,I am well used to seeing the naked body,but certainly would not want to see it on any caravan site that I am staying on.......and I hope I can say that I do not think of myself as a prude.

It would also be a shame to see the Forum collapse because of the introduction of photos.Until now we have had loads of fun.....let's keep it that way.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
cris, could you please let me know, or better still, let His Moddyship know what words I use that are offensive. His Moddyship can then delete them and maybe e-mail the words that I have used so I dont offend again. If any member has been offended with words I have used in the past I apologise profusely now, I'm very sorry.

I did put in my post cris, that you can see the same at beaches on the continent, but I also said that it is that persons choice to use those beaches so they have no right to complain, just find another beach. In this forum they don't expect those kind of pics. I could post some myself, probably worse, but I have to draw a line somewhere and respect others wishes.

Regarding your remark about not knowing where people go with their vans, I use sites in the U.K. and have been looking for people (un)dressed like them for 2 years without success. I'm sure my wife is pleased though because she would find it a bit queasy trying to push my eyes back into the sockets.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Have to agree Maureen ,I posted the naked overweight guy pic which was far from explicit and I thought added to the humour. I don't think it was deleted for any sexual reason more to stop the Forum going in that direction. I fully agree with the Mods decision in the matter . Brian (",)

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
I have not rebuffed any new members, I stated that it would help if he posted his question in another forum. More people read the other forum so it may help him more.

Why is it Cris that you take everything so personal, the images posted did not fit the site and others who also posted pictures have stated that they agree with the mod in removing them. I am sure you can find other forums to post them on, or you could post them as a link.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Totally agree with Steve, it's not personal cris, so please don't take it that way. I put my hand up and admit I've overstepped the mark in other forums and sites. In the MSN Zone at one time I was always getting gagged by the (Sysops)Moderators in the live chat, every other day on average, anything from 1 hour to 1 day. I haven't been gagged for a week now though, longest I've lasted :O) but thats probably down to the fact I havent been there for a week because my regular partner is away in Germany visting her family. heheheh!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Your reply Mod 1 seems to imply that these photo's are seen on some shady web site.

They are from "family" and "Sport" orientated web sites that are far bigger than this site with far more child viewers and members.

How can something that can walk past you at any camp site be degrading ?

What kind of message do you want to present to visitors to this site? Sober people clothed Burka style or a wide mix of open minded people!

In recent times some of the posts have refered to the size of posters boobs and posteriors yet a healthy body is likely to cause offense on here when men and women in minimal dress can be seen on many UK camp sites by chiildren and anyone else!

Once again Mod 1 decides on what is suitable but with little thought to what else is posted here.

On our welcome page Sparkes welcomes a guy and then rebuffs the guy with his second line, the guy is new so was the way Steve put the second line really wise and welcomimg.

Lutz Then follows with his "NEVER" start to his post without even a hello and welcome. I found Lutz reply quite rude following what was my well founded advice, but would have found it rude if somebody else had posted it and then been followed by Lutz's comment!

So Mod 1 do tell what sort of signals this gives to a new members and others that may view this site.

I will not lose sleep, but do wonder about what you expect here at times following some of your comments and actions :)
I quote

"How can something that can walk past you at any camp site be degrading ?"

Please can you direct me to the sites where I will see such sights. If you dont tell me quick I'm sure they will be all booked up :O(

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Totally agree with Steve, it's not personal cris, so please don't take it that way. I put my hand up and admit I've overstepped the mark in other forums and sites. In the MSN Zone at one time I was always getting gagged by the (Sysops)Moderators in the live chat, every other day on average, anything from 1 hour to 1 day. I haven't been gagged for a week now though, longest I've lasted :O) but thats probably down to the fact I havent been there for a week because my regular partner is away in Germany visting her family. heheheh!
Lord B,

What do you mean.....regular partner!! Surely you mean your one and only.! :eek:)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I did not complain but I do agree with them being removed. My kids read this forum with me (mainly to read LB's comments as they seem to be on the same wavelength, sorry LB). Maybe a link to them would have been better

Steve
Steve can I just say that your children must be extremely intelligent and what a fabulous taste in repost they must have heheheh!

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Maureen with respect, What I posted was not "naked" !

I have camped and caravanned in the UK and Europe on Family sites and at family sites at major sports events for over thirty years.

I have had ladies and men strip naked along side me in front of many people on a number of very busy camp sites and in front of mine and others children!

My family and I have seen topless sunbathing on numerous sites in the UK as well as many in Europe. As well as "wet t shirt" near nakedness at many site swimming pools.

In France eating lunch outside our van we have had naked families and children call Bon Apetite as they walk and cycle alongside the camp site fence on the coastal path to the public beach's.

Around Royan in France there is a Nudist beach, many of the nudists see no problem in using the "normal" beach and at other normal beaches in the area you find people of all ages that will strip of part or fully naked.

My wife is in the teaching profession and we met two married retired heads at one camp site and there retired bank manager friend and wife who I believe were in their late 60's.

My kids of about 12, 10 and 9 at the time pointed them out to my wife and I as we walked past them on a "normal" beach. All naked dark burnt brown playing beach tennis with familes spread all around!

Without going on with many other examples, I posted risque pictures. I can see no reason why the should offend ANYONE that visits this especially bearing in mind what is openly on view in many shops and what is seen before the "watershed" and said on our little box's in the corner!

Take a lok at childrens TV and kids Music shows and you will see as much flesh as I posted!

Keep it fun, but keep it real on this site! Or pre edit all the posts and ban the pictures.

A "normal" healthy body pictured is surely less offensive than some of the post here and pictures showing deformity and conditions that many struggle with!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Maureen with respect, What I posted was not "naked" !

I have camped and caravanned in the UK and Europe on Family sites and at family sites at major sports events for over thirty years.

I have had ladies and men strip naked along side me in front of many people on a number of very busy camp sites and in front of mine and others children!

My family and I have seen topless sunbathing on numerous sites in the UK as well as many in Europe. As well as "wet t shirt" near nakedness at many site swimming pools.

In France eating lunch outside our van we have had naked families and children call Bon Apetite as they walk and cycle alongside the camp site fence on the coastal path to the public beach's.

Around Royan in France there is a Nudist beach, many of the nudists see no problem in using the "normal" beach and at other normal beaches in the area you find people of all ages that will strip of part or fully naked.

My wife is in the teaching profession and we met two married retired heads at one camp site and there retired bank manager friend and wife who I believe were in their late 60's.

My kids of about 12, 10 and 9 at the time pointed them out to my wife and I as we walked past them on a "normal" beach. All naked dark burnt brown playing beach tennis with familes spread all around!

Without going on with many other examples, I posted risque pictures. I can see no reason why the should offend ANYONE that visits this especially bearing in mind what is openly on view in many shops and what is seen before the "watershed" and said on our little box's in the corner!

Take a lok at childrens TV and kids Music shows and you will see as much flesh as I posted!

Keep it fun, but keep it real on this site! Or pre edit all the posts and ban the pictures.

A "normal" healthy body pictured is surely less offensive than some of the post here and pictures showing deformity and conditions that many struggle with!
Could you please stop talking about all that nakedness unless you're going to type slower.

Jan 13, 2006
Visit site
What is or is not freely visible on the Internet, in newspapers or out and about on caravan sites is beside the point.

I saw the pics before they were deleted and I was shocked to see such images on Practical Caravans website. Maybe in themselves they were not indecent. It's just the image they give out on a forum like this that I wasn't happy about. Makes us look seedy somehow ogling at naked/nearly naked people.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Steve and LordB. I am not taking this personally!

Lord B you surely realise that some would take some of your posts as "RISQUE" and kids can be more perceptive and worldly than many think!

Steve you've have jumped, but look at the post mentioned from a different angle. I know you mean well and Lutz to.

HELLO followed by, NOT HERE ! Just luck it from a NEW posters angle!

We are supposed to be open to all I believe, hiding behind some kind of elitist Moral code on thios forum needs a little more thought!

No offense meant guys, I love your posts in general. But if the Mod is policing on the basis that somethin might offend, the Mod needs to look more carefuly at what is posted.

;-0 ;-) :) I'm still smiling as usual guys

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts