Towbar loading & cycle carriers

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I'm trying to figure out the best way to carry bikes - my hitch limit is 80kg so not enough scope for 2 kids and 1 adult bike there (Pageant 7 Bretagne) Does a bike rack mounted on the tailgate count toward hitch limits? (Chrysler Grand Voyager) (Roof already occupied - folding dinghy and 1 bike)

If anyone knows of another way I'd really love to hear it - not overkeen on using the tailgate - it's scratched the paint and damaged the tail light lenses in the past.

Thanks

Martin

Jul 22, 2008
Visit site
if your bike rack is mounted onto the towbar it would count on the 80kg limit you have.

as for anywhere to put it, by the sounds of it youve got everywhere taken.

reguards mike

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
If the bike rack is mounted to the tailgate only and does not impose any loads directly into the towbar, it does not count towards the noseweight. However, it does, of course, count towards the GVW and rear axle load.

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
If the bike rack is mounted to the tailgate only and does not impose any loads directly into the towbar, it does not count towards the noseweight. However, it does, of course, count towards the GVW and rear axle load.
Thanks Mike, Lutz

Looks like it will have to be the tailgate then! Hadn't actually checked the payload Lutz so I did - and should be ok at 700kg (2 adults, 3 kids)

Martin

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Mike, Lutz (wrong button)

Looks like it will have to be the tailgate then! Hadn't actually checked the payload Lutz so I did - and should be ok at 700kg (2 adults, 3 kids)

Martin

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts