Towing European spec Caravan

Jun 29, 2005
Visit site
I have a Nissan X-Trail 2.2 dCi Sport fitted with normal twin electric towing sockets. A relative, who is stationed in Germany, has offered me the use of his Hobby caravan this summer. Only problem: his caravan has the continental one socket connector. Is it possible to marry the two in any way? For example, is it possible to buy a dedicated adapter? Any suggestions most welcome.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Andrew, I have a Burstner caravan with the euro plug fitted. I have an adaptor cable, i.e. the euro plug fits into one end, and the other end has standard brit grey and black plugs. It works great. You can buy them at good caravan dealers.

Cheers

Jimbo

Jun 29, 2005
Visit site
Andrew, I have a Burstner caravan with the euro plug fitted. I have an adaptor cable, i.e. the euro plug fits into one end, and the other end has standard brit grey and black plugs. It works great. You can buy them at good caravan dealers.

Cheers

Jimbo
Many thanks, Dawn and Jimbo. I have found the required converter on the Towsure website. Thanks for your help.

Jun 29, 2005
Visit site
On re-visiting the Towsure website I think I may have jumped the gun! It would appear from the description that the adapter is designed for a towing vehicle with one connector and a caravan with two. I actually need the arrangement the other wat around! I'll keep looking!

Jun 29, 2005
Visit site
Apologies for prolonging the saga! I have now spoken to Towsure who assure me they sell both versions of the connector, even though only one is shown on the website!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts