Towing mirrors?

Feb 25, 2017
Visit site
Being a bit new to towing, I am led to believe that I must fit a pair of wing mirror extensions to prevent getting myself into do-do with plod. As their appear to be hundreds of different types, can anybody recommend a cheap set to get me going?. They will probably get ripped off the first time we pass a tractor down yer country lane anyway!.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Have a look here!!
http://www.milenco.com/ I have the Falcon mirrors Had the HGI ones for years.

Best if YOU miss that Tractor :lol:

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
Best visit your dealer accessory shop and do a try before you buy. Some mirrors can interfere with the cars own mirror positioning, and some suffer from vibration, so buying cheap is not always best. Check out your car manufacturer for genuine factory mirrors or ebay for same. Yes they will be more expensive, but fit is guaranteed.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Simon be aware that if your mirrors attach to the bottom of your cars mirrors and they fold back, they can hit your car. Damage, I like the Grand Aero.
Not the tractors for me its the Ferry port booking in Booths.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
If they stick out too far then you'll be on the wrong side of the law for that too :(

I used to use the Milenco Aero but my wife prefers the Grand Aero so that's what we've got :)

May 27, 2014
Visit site
My caravan is only 6'5" wide and I don't use extension mirrors while towing - I have a good clear view down both sides - don't know if I am infringing the law - I understand that the OP also has a narrow caravan in his Venus 320/2

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Large GnT or three? I'm sure Jenny gives me something to knock me out for the day.

More a typo. The Venus is 6.9 ft wide. I kneel corrected and whacked over the bottom with a purple croc. :whistle:

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
The law states that you must be able to see an area 4 metres wide from the side of your caravan at a distance of 20 metres.

Granted the Police don't seem to enforce it but surely its about safety and having a decent field of vision?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Keefanmaxx said:
The law states that you must be able to see an area 4 metres wide from the side of your caravan at a distance of 20 metres.

Granted the Police don't seem to enforce it but surely its about safety and having a decent field of vision?

I quite agree, whilst driving you need as much information about whats going on around you, its not macho or clever to "forget" the mirrors, or all the other thing that caravanners know they should do but don't.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
thosoneill said:
My caravan is only 6'5" wide and I don't use extension mirrors while towing - I have a good clear view down both sides - don't know if I am infringing the law - I understand that the OP also has a narrow caravan in his Venus 320/2

There is a diagram here, which hopefully will clarify what your are required to be able to see..
https://www.caravanwise.co.uk/caravan-tips/towing-mirrors.html

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts