towing with a 1.6i citreon picasso

Mar 18, 2008
Visit site
having just returned to a touring caravan i bought a 1986 bailey caribou weighing 16.73 cwt will my 2001 1.6i petrol be ok to tow any distance with i think it matches at around 85% but i,m not sure any help appreciated thanks mick

Oct 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi Michael,

16.73 cwt converts to just under 850kg. You dont specify if this is the M.I.R.O or M.T.P.L.M weight?

I know that the Bailey Caribou was super lightweight so would hazard a guess and say that this is the gross weight (M.T.P.L.M.). Based on this assumption, your caravan is a 65% match for the picasso.

I tow a Bailey Ranger 470/4 (M.T.P.L.M. 1072KG) with a Picasso 2.0 Hdi and although there are better towcars, I find this a very stable combination.

Hope this helps

Andrew

Mar 18, 2008
Visit site
Hi Michael,

16.73 cwt converts to just under 850kg. You dont specify if this is the M.I.R.O or M.T.P.L.M weight?

I know that the Bailey Caribou was super lightweight so would hazard a guess and say that this is the gross weight (M.T.P.L.M.). Based on this assumption, your caravan is a 65% match for the picasso.

I tow a Bailey Ranger 470/4 (M.T.P.L.M. 1072KG) with a Picasso 2.0 Hdi and although there are better towcars, I find this a very stable combination.

Hope this helps

Andrew
thanks andrew might have to look at getting a diesel picasso for a bit more towing power thanks for the info michael

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts