tracking systems

Oct 7, 2005
Visit site
I had Tracker fitted to my last caravan which I had for more than three years. I also have it fitted to my present caravan which I have had for six months. Originally kept my caravan at home but latterly in storage. Neither caravan advertised the fact that it had Tracker fitted. Both were twin axle caravans, more likely to be stolen than others, and had lots of security devices. Also had it fitted to tow car. Expensive but could mean you get you get caravan and/or car recovered before thieves have got very far. Peace of mind in case it is stolen. Insurancer companies might well give you a discount.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
I am glad that you mentioned "companies might well give you a discount". When I was phoning aound getting quotes for my twin axel I got quotes with and without tracker and in most instances the difference was negligle. It proves that the insurance companies are taking us for a ride. With a tracker device they are virtually assured that the goods will be recovered and even the scallywags apprehended, but will they give you a discount, hell "NO!"

May 12, 2005
Visit site
I have been away a couple of times when I have forgotten to switch of the movement alarm, on each occassion we hadn`t got very far when the mobile rang to ask if we were with the van, and everything was ok, It`s reassuring to know there that quick.

get one for peace of mind. Tony A

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have just returned from the Earls Court show where we discussed security with the police officers manning the security stand. The officer was a member of the commitee that looks at security for the industry as well as being a caravan owner himself. I guess he should know what he is talking about.

He recomended the Phantom tracker as it is one of only three that are Thatcham approved. He also has one fitted to his own van. Phantom have a website that has prices etc.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry. Should have also said that the Caravan Club will give a 10% discount oninsurance for trackers.

Website address to find Phantom is http://www.caravan-alarms.co.uk/index.htm

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
I am tamping mad (excuse ranting).

My husband and I ordered a brand new Bailey Senator Series 5 Carolina in November at the Earls Court Show. Comes with new alko wheel lock, alarm etc. We have hunted around and just ordered a sold secure hitchlock. Signed up with a Cessna 'Silver' Storage Compound down the road (another 300 quid per annum)

Of course, am looking for insurance now as the van is soon to be delivered. Now I am not daft - I know my van will be top of the 'hit' list, and was therefore, even with my efforts to secure it, expecting a hefty quote.

Have just rung Caravan Guard who have told me that unless I get a Tracker fitted, they will not insure any twin axle over

Feb 6, 2006
Visit site
I am tamping mad (excuse ranting).

My husband and I ordered a brand new Bailey Senator Series 5 Carolina in November at the Earls Court Show. Comes with new alko wheel lock, alarm etc. We have hunted around and just ordered a sold secure hitchlock. Signed up with a Cessna 'Silver' Storage Compound down the road (another 300 quid per annum)

Of course, am looking for insurance now as the van is soon to be delivered. Now I am not daft - I know my van will be top of the 'hit' list, and was therefore, even with my efforts to secure it, expecting a hefty quote.

Have just rung Caravan Guard who have told me that unless I get a Tracker fitted, they will not insure any twin axle over

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Lesley, we had the same problem with caravan guard who refused to insure our coachman laser then our ace celebration due to them being twin axle. they insisted on a tracking device being fitted and then said they would give only 10% discount which amounted to

Feb 1, 2006
Visit site
Lesley, we had the same problem with caravan guard who refused to insure our coachman laser then our ace celebration due to them being twin axle. they insisted on a tracking device being fitted and then said they would give only 10% discount which amounted to

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts