TV Mount for Sprite Major 4 SB

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
We have always toured without a TV, using a Laptop to watch DVDs in the evening; but since moving to a new caravan, it feels like we would appreciate having a TV since we now have an aerial. However, the space in which the TV would sit, adjacent to the sockets, is right by the main door and is too useful to dedicate to a TV. So I am looking into the 3-arm locking VESA mount to keep the side clear.

What I don't know is if the wall (which forms part of the main wardrobe) is suitable for this type of mount. The Swift Elegance 580 is the same layout, with some differences but has the same TV area and even includes some kind of mounting plate.Picture for reference.

Has anyone had experience of fitting these types of mount into similar material? Does there need to be additional thickness added to the back to support screws/bolts?

Thanks,
Paul.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello, yours looks a slightly bit different to ours not too sure, but we put ours in front of the big window at the front because we have the drawer unit there, I don't know if you also have a point for your TV there or the little bit on the kitchen bench where it flips up to extend the bench , we done this by running a TV extension cable around to it .

Craig .

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Hello, yours looks a slightly bit different to ours not too sure, but we put ours in front of the big window at the front because we have the drawer unit there, I don't know if you also have a point for your TV there or the little bit on the kitchen bench where it flips up to extend the bench , we done this by running a TV extension cable around to it .

Craig .

Hi Craig,
The SB just has 2 230v sockets on the plastic binacle. There is a 2nd TV point infront of the fixed bed. Plus we put a lamp on the front chest. Was looking to keep everything tidy hence the mount... We've so far put a laptop on the flip up flap but running wires acros the caravan is not the best idea.
Paul

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Paul , hi ,
( late reply as been working till 12pm !!) all we done was bought two 1 metre in length extension cables for the TV's , ours and kids' and we just lead one from the TV around the back of the settee / sofa from bench and into the socket so there's no cables dangling or anything and are hidden, rather than fixing things on the wall because when we travel we just put the TV's on the kids bunk beds out of sight.
P.s , a lamp ?! :unsure:
We have class dimming lights on our vans !! Set the dimming lights onto about 15% and it's just nice. Then that will free up your chest at the front for the tv !! ;)

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
P.s , a lamp ?! :unsure:
We have class dimming lights on our vans !! Set the dimming lights onto about 15% and it's just nice. Then that will free up your chest at the front for the tv !! ;)

Yeah! Some warm white uplighting to set the ambiance! B) The built in lighting is good though...

Unfortunately the aerial point is on the other side of the door so I'd have to run the cable around the door frame and then around the sofa to have the TV on the drawers. The van is back at the dealers next week, I'll see if they can advise on the TV bracket.

Paul.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Different make but ours is fastened to a thick wooden dividing panel which has the strength to support the set. From memory most brackets are fitted to solid wood panels but the bracket should have good fixing instructions with it and tell you what you need.
A couple of caravans back our Eldiss did have a drop down flap for the TV at one side and the TV point the other and we did manage with a long length of cable across the caravan. If you can live with that then it is an option.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Raywood said:
Different make but ours is fastened to a thick wooden dividing panel which has the strength to support the set. From memory most brackets are fitted to solid wood panels but the bracket should have good fixing instructions with it and tell you what you need.
A couple of caravans back our Eldiss did have a drop down flap for the TV at one side and the TV point the other and we did manage with a long length of cable across the caravan. If you can live with that then it is an option.

I'm hoping that the panel should be strong enough - the clothes hanging rail is attached to the opposite side and other Swift variants have the TV bracket pre-mounted there too. I've been looking at the Avtex 3-arm mount as it has locking pins; I would hope that brand would include adequate instructions!

Like I mentioned in a previous post, a cable would be trailing across the door way for a TV anywhere but by the outlet and my size 12's have a habit of finding cables to trip over! I also like clean installs of cabling - my car's DashCam, for example, the power cable is hidden away behind trim panels.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts