update on rejecting a van

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
Well we have been back to the dealers they could not have been better in my opinion. We have ended up with a newer van of a higher spec plus it has a motor mover fitted. The finance side was settled with no argument they just wanted us end up with a van we liked. They paid for our service engineers bill without us asking, all in all we came away happy that we got what we wanted. I would recommend them without hesitation. They did not even look at our van which we took back they just we made a mistake we want to put it right.
i suppose we could have haggled more but they said if your not happy take your old van home with your money back and we would have ended back at square one, which we did not want.

Steve

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Doog,

It's really good news to hear of a dealer that seems to genuinely want to do the proper job. 'Silk purse out of a sows ear' seems to apply here.

It's human nature to complain when things go wrong, and simply accept without comment when they go right, so forums tend to be populated with negative reports.

Even allowing for this inherent negative bias, the number of stories we read of unsatisfactory dealer performance are worrying, and brings to mind another adage 'There's no smoke without fire' I worked in a caravan related industry some 15 years ago and I know some of the practices of both Manufactures and Dealers simply then did do not and probably still don't lend themselves to upholding principles of high quality products and and customer service.

Its a sad enditement of the caravan trade when we have been conditioned to expect the worst, so it comes as a pleasant surprise to read of one that given the reported circumstances managed to change a customers opinion 180 degrees.

I am really pleased you are happy with the replacement caravan. And its good to read praise about a dealer.

Happy caravanning

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Well done to the dealer in Highbridge.
Whilst forum rules will not allow name and shame I believe name and praise is on.

Now who has the "good" master list?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts