Used EVs

Page 7 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Have a look at SatNaviShop - I've used them twice to update the satnav on my VW Touareg - they include maps, software and firmware updates - the guy who does the VW/Audi ones is based in Lithuania but his English is as good as mine and the instructions are spot on.
Thanks for the heads up and I have emailed them.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Have a look at SatNaviShop - I've used them twice to update the satnav on my VW Touareg - they include maps, software and firmware updates - the guy who does the VW/Audi ones is based in Lithuania but his English is as good as mine and the instructions are spot on.
Thanks. I emailed them and they asked for a photo of the System info and have confirmed that there is an update available for our Jeep.

Reactions: RogerL
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I’ve spoken to Dave at Sat Navi and he’s sent me a quote and installation instructions. Do I insert the SD card into the nomintated SD card slot on the CDPlayer which is hidden in the glovebox. I get the rest of the instructions other than not sure why I need to fix it up with the battery charger? Is it easy ??

Oct 31, 2022
Visit site
What makes you think it is pirated data as it is a TomTom system?
The are not authorised resellers and are selling data that nobody except the dealers/mapping companies are allowed to sell. They may have some pre-owned discs/SD cards, but certainly all their modern maps are pirated. I work for one of the originating map suppliers, the company get these sites shut down on a regular basis. If you want pirated data then save yourself the money and get it from Torrent sites.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The are not authorised resellers and are selling data that nobody except the dealers/mapping companies are allowed to sell. They may have some pre-owned discs/SD cards, but certainly all their modern maps are pirated. I work for one of the originating map suppliers, the company get these sites shut down on a regular basis. If you want pirated data then save yourself the money and get it from Torrent sites.
Maybe if dealers didn't charge ridiculous prices then people would buy the legit stuff! Why pay a dealer nearly £500 for something that you can do yourself?

Reactions: Dustydog
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I’ve spoken to Dave at Sat Navi and he’s sent me a quote and installation instructions. Do I insert the SD card into the nomintated SD card slot on the CDPlayer which is hidden in the glovebox. I get the rest of the instructions other than not sure why I need to fix it up with the battery charger? Is it easy ??
Yes the SD card(s) go inthe slot you refer to - the battery charger is advised as updates can take a couple of hours with the ignition on, if firmware, software and maps are all being updated - the Touareg's systems have a habit of shutting down to preserve the battery otherwise.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
AFAIK the
AFAIK the updates for VW models are genuine VW SD cards in official packaging - they just don't originate in the UK as other countries are less restrictive than VW UK.

These updates do leave a marker flag in the car's electronics which can't be cleared unless dealer-only diagnostics are used - my car is outside the warranty period so my VW dealer isn't interested in such a marker flag.

Oct 31, 2022
Visit site
AFAIK the

AFAIK the updates for VW models are genuine VW SD cards in official packaging - they just don't originate in the UK as other countries are less restrictive than VW UK.

These updates do leave a marker flag in the car's electronics which can't be cleared unless dealer-only diagnostics are used - my car is outside the warranty period so my VW dealer isn't interested in such a marker flag.
I would be surprised as the price sold to VW is fixed per region (Europe, North America etc). Maybe VW are scalping different countries when reselling. If anyone does purchase, then I would love to see a good photo of what is delivered.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
As used in the IC 125s
Plus the Ton and Hunt class minesweeper/ hunt ships. One of my early posts was the ICE repair shop in Goschen Yard Devonport where Deltics and Ventura/Valentas were repaired and overhauled.

Were they used in the Intercity 125? Thought they were Paxman Valenta

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Plus the Ton and Hunt class minesweeper/ hunt ships. One of my early posts was the ICE repair shop in Goschen Yard Devonport where Deltics and Ventura/Valentas were repaired and overhauled.

I thought you would know that picture.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Plus the Ton and Hunt class minesweeper/ hunt ships. One of my early posts was the ICE repair shop in Goschen Yard Devonport where Deltics and Ventura/Valentas were repaired and
Plus the Ton and Hunt class minesweeper/ hunt ships. One of my early posts was the ICE repair shop in Goschen Yard Devonport where

I think the Paxman Valenta was infamous for serving the IC 125s for decades. As you say they were deltic triangular two stroke diesels originating from your marine environment. At the turn of the century BR reengineered them to be more powerful, more economic and quieter. I don’t have the details to hand

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts