We had a brand new front UPVC door put in 2021

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Well yesterday the key would not go in the lock so that means we could not go out , rang the firm who put the door in we will have a locksmith who will come out sometime today well he did and replace the lock and gave us some new keys that is what i call great customer service

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Sometimes you get lucky so well done.

Living on Skye has numerous benefits but getting warranty work like that can be a problem because of the remoteness.

Our windows are Triple Glazed units each 2.5m x 1.2m They weigh a tonne. After a couple of months we noticed one was shedding glass chips in the house and then developed a crack on the inner pane.

I sent photos to the company and they didn't quibble about sending a replacement. They also arranged for two fitters to come from the south to swap the window out.

The window arrived and it took 3 of us to get it off the back of the truck. The fitters arrived a couple of days later. Removed the cracked window, then lugged the new one into position and tried to fit it in place. It was too big. The old one went back in.

I listened to the one sided telephone conversation between the fitters and the window company. It seems the computer had been spitting out dimensions that were 10mm oversize from what they should be.

Yet another window dispatched; fitters returned; it all went well. They didn't want the oversized one back so a friend had it and used it to build a shed.

Reactions: Beachball
May 7, 2012
Visit site
These firms do get sizes wrong some times. We needed a new garage window and the firm fitting it got one that fitted from a double glazing firm that had made one the wrong size. We possibly have the only double glazed garage window in the area.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes you get lucky so well done.

Living on Skye has numerous benefits but getting warranty work like that can be a problem because of the remoteness.

Our windows are Triple Glazed units each 2.5m x 1.2m They weigh a tonne. After a couple of months we noticed one was shedding glass chips in the house and then developed a crack on the inner pane.

I sent photos to the company and they didn't quibble about sending a replacement. They also arranged for two fitters to come from the south to swap the window out.

The window arrived and it took 3 of us to get it off the back of the truck. The fitters arrived a couple of days later. Removed the cracked window, then lugged the new one into position and tried to fit it in place. It was too big. The old one went back in.

I listened to the one sided telephone conversation between the fitters and the window company. It seems the computer had been spitting out dimensions that were 10mm oversize from what they should be.

Yet another window dispatched; fitters returned; it all went well. They didn't want the oversized one back so a friend had it and used it to build a shed.
Thanks Sam pleased you got your window sorted (y)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts