Wet, Cold, Dark?

Aug 13, 2006
Visit site
Just spent a week at Shadroba in Nottingham, we did have advanced reservation, but when we arrived there was no electricity, they told us would only be a couple of hours, then 6 hours later it got dark, then we had to catch the men who were doing the electrical work to check it out as some had electric and our side didn't they switched it on. they said we were lucky to catch them as they would not have come back that night to turn it on. told us that the next day would be a limited disruption to service to the pitch, no it was off at 10 in the morning, and didn't come back on until after 5, my the site was nice they still charged us for electrics, couldn't take a shower, electric was off there also, the site I think should have called us and told us about the outage, we would have only gone for the weekend, they were replacing all the electrics between the pitches, not a one day or couple of hours work. Was really disappointed, cold, wet and dark. We felt sorry for a family with smll children who were pitched near us, he had slept late and when he got up his battery was almost dead, as it had switched over, off to clean the kids no hot water. They're holiday had a lot of added expense having to stay away from the caravan to keep the kids amused and warm, again nothing from the site management to help, with the reduced rate. This is a C C & C site. Surprised.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
That's not very good at all. I think the site was taken over either the back end of last year, or the start of this year.

It was rated as one of the best in Nottinghamshire before it was taken over.

Lisa

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
If you have children electic is probably more important. As a couple we can survive on a fully charged battery for about 5 days with absolutely no loss of facilities or comfort whatsoever.

If I had paid for the electic though I would certainly expect it.

Aug 12, 2005
Visit site
We had a similar experience a couple of years ago when we booked a week in October at Camac Valley near Dublin through the Caravan Club. When we arrived the warden said that the power would be off from the next morning for 5 days whilst a new sub-station was put in.

Th caravan we had at the time had no gas heater so staying was not really an option. We called the Caravan Club and asked them to fix it and they did. We moved to another site on the south side of Dublin which was very close to the DART railway and very convenient. The site facilities were a bit basic but clean.

I'd complain to C&CC HQ if I was you and ask for some money back.

A

Aug 13, 2006
Visit site
We had a similar experience a couple of years ago when we booked a week in October at Camac Valley near Dublin through the Caravan Club. When we arrived the warden said that the power would be off from the next morning for 5 days whilst a new sub-station was put in.

Th caravan we had at the time had no gas heater so staying was not really an option. We called the Caravan Club and asked them to fix it and they did. We moved to another site on the south side of Dublin which was very close to the DART railway and very convenient. The site facilities were a bit basic but clean.

I'd complain to C&CC HQ if I was you and ask for some money back.

A
I didn't feel the wardens on site were very friendly, so don't expect the club to be much responsive. I was surprised with the new handbook they mention all their sites have the 20 ft rule, this site must be an exception also, sounds like I'm nick picking but Im really dispointed for what it cost, and the reception.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts