What crisis🤔

Page 6 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We gave up on Sainsbury’s even though we’ve been customers since the late 1970s. The phone lines were always engaged and on the rare occasion I got through there was a recorded set of platitudes advising me to use the web before then cutting me off. The delivery or click collect app wouldn’t recognise me as 70+ nor would my normal on line log in either. About two days ago the grocerob app was updated and gave details of a new phone number for the 70+ which connected me to an automated system that took some details. It told me I should hear back by SMS or something. In the meantime we’ve never eaten so well with deliveries from local vegetable fruit and meat suppliers, plus two deliveries from the local church ........all M&S goodies.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
There are some brilliant people stepping up to the line. My elder brother is 83 and always uses an independent butcher in the town centre, who has been delivering his weekly order, which does not not alter that much. . Butcher turned up a day early with his usual order, saying that it was free. A gent had walked into the shop, saying he would pay for any customers order who's over 80.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
There are some brilliant people stepping up to the line. My elder brother is 83 and always uses an independent butcher in the town centre, who has been delivering his weekly order, which does not not alter that much. . Butcher turned up a day early with his usual order, saying that it was free. A gent had walked into the shop, saying he would pay for any customers order who's over 80.
We had a local businessman giving away free toilet rolls the other week to the elderley,

Reactions: JezzerB and DaveA1
Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
On one of my threads I mentioned about traffic on our road where the volume had reduce to just a few . Today where did they all come from? constant up and down, were they all rushing to buy because of the comment garages might have to close or something else. So much for staying in.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
On one of my threads I mentioned about traffic on our road where the volume had reduce to just a few . Today where did they all come from? constant up and down, were they all rushing to buy because of the comment garages might have to close or something else. So much for staying in.
Why should garages have to close? How will key workers obtain fuel or self employed who can still work how will they get fuel. Not another panic I hope?

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I heard about gsrages having to close this morning on the radio and right away I said here we go again first sanitiser then toilet rolls now fuel, why does the media not keep that kind of reporting out of the news it just causes people to panic but the thing is you can't go anywhere,

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I heard about gsrages having to close this morning on the radio and right away I said here we go again first sanitiser then toilet rolls now fuel, why does the media not keep that kind of reporting out of the news it just causes people to panic but the thing is you can't go anywhere,
The world is awash with fuel and the only reasons fuel stations may close are operating costs, tanker drivers ill. But those around us with associated shops are quite busy. Agree it’s probably the media looking for stories as supermarkets are now old news.

Reactions: JezzerB and Hutch
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As one ho lived through WW" in rural Shropshire with a buick built privy 25 years from the house up the garden, bucket and bury it, the modern toilet paper seems like a great over fussyness. Then the newssheets - 4 pages only in most cases i.e. just one sheet of paper folded in the middle was carefully preserved, cut into rectangles and impaled on an included nail at around head height when seated. Adult head hie ght that is- 6 year old had to reach up.

Saturday morning ritual for my father and uncle we to remove and bury the contents of the bucket. But this had been the way for many pre-war years and the garden grew some of the best vegetables ever.

Man up, people !

Reactions: Parksy
Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
As one ho lived through WW" in rural Shropshire with a buick built privy 25 years from the house up the garden, bucket and bury it, the modern toilet paper seems like a great over fussyness. Then the newssheets - 4 pages only in most cases i.e. just one sheet of paper folded in the middle was carefully preserved, cut into rectangles and impaled on an included nail at around head height when seated. Adult head hie ght that is- 6 year old had to reach up.

Saturday morning ritual for my father and uncle we to remove and bury the contents of the bucket. But this had been the way for many pre-war years and the garden grew some of the best vegetables ever.

Man up, people !
Got the T shirt

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We bake our own bread, and it looks like everybody else has joined us as the flour is now very hard to get.
I don’t know many are actually baking. There is now lots of bread in the shops. I suspect buying up the the flour was part of the panic.
mel

May 24, 2014
Visit site

LUXURY.
We used to live in a 'ole int middle ot road, and have handfull of'hot gravel for breakfast.

Reactions: PTA
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Our Eldest son, is living at home for now, and makes a pizza dough for a Friday night treat for us, we don't normally have pizzas but the ones he makes are fantastic.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Another lovely day, and we are stuck at home waiting for a shopping delivery, any time between 10.00 and 18.00. 1st one we have managed to get.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Lovely day here too ( for gardeners) as some much needed rain, but not nearly enough. Our delivery is 2000-2100 so Masterchef final will be recorded.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Walking the dogs, just before lunch time, and they still turn to go into the pub. They are having withdrawl symptoms. 🐕🐕

Reactions: WayneS
May 24, 2014
Visit site
A heads up for those struggling to get deliveries and dont fancy the risk of queuing. If you live in any of the following areas, or near enough to get to one of the four distribution points, Creed Foodservices, a company which normally supplies restaurants, golf clubs and schools, are running click and collect for the public. Order before 1630 hours and collect next day in a timed slot. We have had a couple of visits and it ran like clockwork. The fresh food is of a very high standard, the rest is mainly branded goods. Minimum order £50.

We are now servicing the general public throughout
Gloucestershire, Derbyshire, Buckinghamshire and Cheltenham, Ilkeston & High Wycombe and surrounding areas.

See https://creedfoodservice.localfooddrops.co.uk/

Hope this is of help to you guys.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We get some super bread drop offs from our church group. Sourdough loaves, and Kalmata olive bread plus goodies from M&S, and best of all this week a packet of strawberry Angel Delight. Yummy. I didn’t even think it was made any more. It’s all defeating my pitiful attempt to shed a few pounds.

Reactions: Parksy

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Our shopping delivery from Tesco has just been delivered.
I had the letter from the NHS which tells me that I'm 'extremely vulnerable' and that I shouldn't go out, and I registered on the NHS website to show that I'd received the letter.
As far as the supermarkets are concerned it's made no difference, so I take my chances online with everyone else.

Reactions: otherclive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts