what is the best caravan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have a peugeot 407 HDi 136, Which has a kerb weight of 1580, a gross train weight of 3680 and a maximum tow ball weight of 65 (kgs).

But we have never had a caravan before or towed any thing before. We are looking at getting a new 4 or 5 birth with having 3 kids we need somthing big enough for everyone. But I am a bit worried about all this kerb weight and nose weight talk. I dont have a clue what it means or what to look for. I like the look of the Bailey Pagent Provence, but are there any other sugestions of good caravans and if our car could manage them, if not what could it manage. If I go for a 4 birth do I go for a fixed bed or dining area? As you can gather the more caravans I look at the more confused I am getting there are so many to choose from I just dont know what to do know.

should go for a new one as you pay nearly as much for a second hand one and at least you get a warranty with new ones. Any sugestion would be greatly welcome as I need all the help I can get. Many thanks Michelle

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You don't say how old your kids are, but get a 'van with a sliding partition to seperate the "adults" sleeping area from the kids - this gives you a bit more privacy, and settles them down better if they're little. We started 'vanning 18 years ago when our 3 were 6 months, 18 months & 21/2!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Michelle, the car in itself engine ets is a good towcar, however the only thing that will limit choices is the cars noseweight limit which is quite low. Be sure to check this with your dealer before commiting to a van.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Michelle

I believe i may have answered some of your queries on other threads so forgive me if i say again go for the Provence you won't be disappointed. I hope that you have had an opportunity to see one up close and personal as they say. We have had ours for the past month - absolutely glorious. It even has the partition that Mike made comment on. With the 6 year warranty ( best in the business ) you won't go far wrong. Good luck in your search and happy caravanning. If you want to know more about the Provence just ask awayor Email me direct. Regards Pete

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
i have a landrover discovery 2.5tdi could someone tell me wot weight of caravan i could pull with this legally.im thinking of buying a pagent bordeaux would i b able to tow this legally.does any 1 have any pros or cons with this van any help would be very helpfull

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Michelle your right it is tough, but try and think about your avergae day in the van - especially bedtime. Fixed bed will put you to bed or awning as soon as the kids go to bed. Also you'd struggle to get a van 5 berth fixed bed to fit your weights. Side dinettes have rear bathrooms which are roomier, but you then only have a curtain between you and the kids - also 5 berth doesnt work in this format. This leaves rear bedrooms, smaller bathrooms, but sliding door and two separate living areas - bit of breathing space if your watching telly in the fromt kids playing at the back! You'll get a 5 berth in this layout wihtin your weight limits but 2 of the kids share a double. other option are rear fixed bunks/dinettes but you'll struggle with the weight cos thes eare bigger!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts