What type of Collinite for caravan panel

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Spent today giving the caravan a good wash down. Got to admire Fenwicks Overwintering as the caravan was very grubby and using Fenwicks Cleaner it all came up a treat. So The Overwinter is effective although it does act as a dirt trap.

However using Autoglym polish on the front locker which is grp didn’t really give a good shine despite three coatings. I seem to recall some have used Collinite to bring up the grp. Which type of Collinite was it? And did anyone then use the Collinite wax to seal in the shine. I’ve got some Autoglym Resin High Gloss Protector and at great expense I was given some of their High Definition Wax for Xmas.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Clive
I've used both Collinite 476 paste wax and Collinite 845 insulator wax on my cars and on our caravan.
The 845 insulator wax is marginally easier to apply after the container has stood in warm water to liquefy the wax, and care should be taken never to apply too much wax in one coating otherwise it will be difficult to buff to a shine.
The wax isn't meant to provide a shine however, it's meant to protect and to preserve the existing shine.
If your Autoglym polish doesn't give a good shine you could try using a glaze on top of the polish to enhance the shine before the wax coating(s) which will preserve the finish for around three months.
Not the cheapest idea, but most good auto-glazes should help to bring a shine to any automotive panels, a neutral glaze like Chemical Guys E Z crème ought to help.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Parksy said:
Hi Clive
I've used both Collinite 476 paste wax and Collinite 845 insulator wax on my cars and on our caravan.
The 845 insulator wax is marginally easier to apply after the container has stood in warm water to liquefy the wax, and care should be taken never to apply too much wax in one coating otherwise it will be difficult to buff to a shine.
The wax isn't meant to provide a shine however, it's meant to protect and to preserve the existing shine.
If your Autoglym polish doesn't give a good shine you could try using a glaze on top of the polish to enhance the shine before the wax coating(s) which will preserve the finish for around three months.
Not the cheapest idea, but most good auto-glazes should help to bring a shine to any automotive panels, a neutral glaze like Chemical Guys E Z crème ought to help.

Parksy
Thanks for the info I will try the glaze after the Autoglym polish and will also see what it’s effect looks like on an unpolished area of the front grp panel. Might even save the graft of autoglym application. Although with a polish if I can achieve a shine then regular wash downs and rewaxing should help preserve it for longer.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Please let me know how you get on.
The secret is not to use too much glaze, a 10p sized application on a soft sponge applicator will cover a 4 foot by 4 foot area (half a car bonnet or a wing panel on a car)
Use a soft microfiber cloth to buff after the glaze has dried to a haze.
If you haven't got sponge applicators baby bathing sponges available from supermarkets are as good.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts