Why are people booking just the 2nd of June ??

Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
Desperately trying to find a club site for the Jubilee weekend. Everytime I think I've found somewhere, the 2nd of June is booked, very often with the other dates free?? Haycraft Farm Swanage had a pitch free for the duration, held off booking to make enquiries with a CL. The CL is booked up, and now, two days later I'm looking at Haycraft again and now they are booked for the 2nd. Now going to start looking at non club sites. Frankly I'm beginning to wonder what the point of Club membership is? It seems you can only stay on a club site if you are either retired or book a year in advance. :confused_old:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Desperately trying to find a club site for the Jubilee weekend. Everytime I think I've found somewhere, the 2nd of June is booked, very often with the other dates free?? Haycraft Farm Swanage had a pitch free for the duration, held off booking to make enquiries with a CL. The CL is booked up, and now, two days later I'm looking at Haycraft again and now they are booked for the 2nd. Now going to start looking at non club sites. Frankly I'm beginning to wonder what the point of Club membership is? It seems you can only stay on a club site if you are either retired or book a year in advance. :confused_old:
It’s been a difficulty now for a long while. Whether the recent plans to introduce deposits may temper it remains to be seen. But not all retired people can.book well ahead, some will have constraints that require shorter notice bookings. The CL/CS make membership worthwhile along with the other member benefits.

I’ve just boooked two weeks abroad for September 2023. Our preferred dates and location for June or September 2022 were all fully booked.

Reactions: Julienick
Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
I wasn't having a dig at retired people by the way, but it just seems to be impossible to utilise the bank holiday so that I can use my annual leave most efficiently.

I've given up for now, just can't be bothered with it. I'm off to Scotland in a couple of weeks and I have a long weekend booked at a lovely CL near Brecon at the end of June, so not like I'm not getting a holiday!

Still puzzled though as to why so many sites have just the 2nd booked up...

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I wasn't having a dig at retired people by the way, but it just seems to be impossible to utilise the bank holiday so that I can use my annual leave most efficiently.

I've given up for now, just can't be bothered with it. I'm off to Scotland in a couple of weeks and I have a long weekend booked at a lovely CL near Brecon at the end of June, so not like I'm not getting a holiday!

Still puzzled though as to why so many sites have just the 2nd booked up...
Can you change the heading to 2nd June to save confusion? We booked the Jubilee weekend on a CL sometime in January as knew all sites will be very busy.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
As the 2 June is a Thursday I cannot see any reason for it to book up if adjacent dates are available.
The 2nd is the first day of the Bank Holiday so some people of one of the clubs will book that day at one site and maybe the Friday at another site and the Saturday at yet another site. That way they hope to have a choice of 3 sites nearer the time. Obviously when deposits are brouhgt in this practice maybe curtailed?

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
As the 2 June is a Thursday I cannot see any reason for it to book up if adjacent dates are available.
Thursday 2nd June is a Bank Holiday, in lieu of the usual May Bank Holiday - when added to the Friday 3rd June Jubilee Bank Holiday and the following Saturday and Sunday, this makes a 4-day Jubilee Weekend.

There has always been, and will always be, a booking "conflict" between those booking a week or more for a holiday and those booking a weekend or bank holiday as a short break. - that Thursday is obviously in demand by both groups.

The reality is that you may have left it too late to book for the Jubilee weekend.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I took a different tact and totally changed location for the Malvern Hills CAMC. Managed to book in there for a few nights. As soon as you move inland, the availability greatly improves!
We live in Malvern so not far from that site. Best pub around there is the Robin Hood. Leave the site and turn right and it is straight down the road about 3 -4 miles away. Nearest pub is the Swan which is within walking distance, but can be very expensive.
At the top of Malvern Hills yo.u have the Wych Inn who served a brilliant meal and drinks at reasonable prices. If you to the back of the Malvern Hills and follow the road you come across a fresh water spring. Take some bottles and top up with spring water. A bit further down is the Brewster Inn and brilliant views towards Herefordshire.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts