Window blind tension problems

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi.
I have a 2003 Fiat Ducato Swift Lifestyle 590 RL.
Two of my window blinds are not fully retracting up to the top and would be grateful for your help please.
Ive watched videos on You Tube but im puzzled with the final stages.
Ive removed the 2 end caps.
Removed both side guides the removed the whole blind and placed on a flat surface.
I understand that the top screw is for the fly blind(they work fine) and the bottom one is for the main blind.
I can see the little plastic thing inside the hole with a slot for screwdriver.
Do I have to take out the plastic thing and wind up the long metal bar to re-tension....im not sure as I dont want to force anything in case I break it.
Also....to carry out the re-tension procedure...does the blind have to be fully pulled out....half way or wound right up.
Your help would be much appreciated please.
Many thanks

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
To tension the blind, the small plastic "thing" that you have identified needs to be pushed inwards with a small flat bladed screwdriver and turned clockwise to tension the blind.
It does not matter where the fabric is, as you tension it will retract, then another two or three turns to put the tension on.

Sounds easy BUT, it is very easy to lose the grip of the screwdriver and lose all the tension you have done, and have to start again.

Once you have the required tension , with the screwdriver still in place, let the plastic part come back towards you until it locks in position.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi Damien.Sorry to bother you again.
Been out to motorhome....inserted flat screwdriver into slot and began to turn clockwise.
It only turns about half a turn,but if I turn right...turn left....turn right...turn left....it does appear to close the blind to its closed position.
However....if I then pull the blind right down and try to open it.....about half way up....it becomes slack again.
Wether I am doing something wrong or it needs a complete strip down....im not sure.
My neighbours just lent me a 5lb.lump hammer to sort it out..ha ha

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have a look at this : https://www.practicalcaravan.com/advice/31982-how-to-re-tension-caravan-roller-blinds-and-flyscreens

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts