Window Seal Leak

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Just had the van (Swift Conqueror 2013) serviced and there seems to be a little damp around one side of a front window. Suspected leak form the seal. Obvious cure is a new seal but is there a way of running a sealant under the rubber seal until I get the rubber seal replaced. B)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Captain Tolley leak sealer could provide a solution. I've used it to seal a car windscreen and it worked well. Otherwise dependent on where the leak is a sealing tape such as one made by Sylglass could help.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Iest said:
Just had the van (Swift Conqueror 2013) serviced and there seems to be a little damp around one side of a front window. Suspected leak form the seal. Obvious cure is a new seal but is there a way of running a sealant under the rubber seal until I get the rubber seal replaced. B)

Given the age of your caravan is it covered by Swifts water ingress warranty? If so your dealer could effect temporary repair until the warranty repair is undertaken. I wouldn't worry about sealing damp in. Mine has a crack in the top O/S of the rear panel which was at 30% when serviced in December. It is sealed with waterproof tape until new panel is fitted under warranty. If you stop water from getting in, I doubt that there are are many places on a caravan where it wouldn't begin to dry out with time.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
otherclive said:
Iest said:

Given the age of your caravan is it covered by Swifts water ingress warranty? If so your dealer could effect temporary repair until the warranty repair is undertaken. I wouldn't worry about sealing damp in. Mine has a crack in the top O/S of the rear panel which was at 30% when serviced in December. It is sealed with waterproof tape until new panel is fitted under warranty. If you stop water from getting in, I doubt that there are are many places on a caravan where it wouldn't begin to dry out with time.

As it is a 2013 it should be covered under the Swift 6 year warranty. I think Swift actually have a 10 year warranty in place if the same owner since new?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Buckman said:
otherclive said:
Iest said:

As it is a 2013 it should be covered under the Swift 6 year warranty. I think Swift actually have a 10 year warranty in place if the same owner since new?

Mine is 2013 and has a 6 year warranty against damp ingress, although around that time Swift went to 10 years. But the full service details have to be uploaded to Swift which includes service invoices and work sheets too. Swift wont just accept stamps in the owners handbook.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Each to our own experiences, but I have found that I would have been better off sacrificing a chicken in hope of a cure rather than using http://www.captaintolley.com/ .

I tried it under three very different circumstances, no joy regrettably, I hoped and wished it would be a problem solver :S

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If the van is still within Warranty, do NOTHING yourself.
Report it to your dealer and let THEM deal with it.
As soon as you touch it they can say that you have interfered with it and void the warranty on it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts