Woosie Club

Page 100 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Sir aleman smuggled a bottle of Kev's "black rocks" home brew out of Wheatalot. Polished it off last night. wanted to let you know it travelled well and can Kev please set up a mail order business.
Mel

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Mel said:
Sir aleman smuggled a bottle of Kev's "black rocks" home brew out of Wheatalot. Polished it off last night. wanted to let you know it travelled well and can Kev please set up a mail order business.
Mel

Glad Sir Aleman enjoyed it, but to make him even more jealous tell him I've just poured one out :)
Haymarket says no traders on the forum ;) ;)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Finally back from Devon seeing to my mum.
Well Wheatalot was resounding success and great fun.
Lee Partridge's Wheathill site is now in my top three best places to go.

A big congratulations to our new woosie Monarch Queen Mel

Yet again we were blessed with excellent weather and good company. 19 Woosies and 7 Woosie dogs plus 10 caravans! Fantastic. If all the Woosies join in next year, wow!

We were very lucky to enjoy the hospitality of the free room at The Three Horseshoes. Many thanks to Chris and Sue.

Lastly we must thank our outgone King WC. He served us very well and will continue to so as a Woosie Knight.

It is unlikely we will get away again this year. Too much to do at home and Devon. Our target is February onwards next year . Best wishes to everyone of you who made our last Woosie Fest so enjoyable

size=400]http://http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv212/alanterri/KingWCBarcoronatesQueenMelwithhissword_zps23fe6745.jpg[/img]
KingWCCoronatesQueenMelwithhisthrustysword_zps257a9835.jpg
WoosiescheckingSirGagakevsFleetwood_zpscfd8222f.jpg
SirAlemanandSirGagakevWCBarBeerFestWheatalot_zps15b58df8.jpg
Echo-Wheatalot_zpsa7772c83.jpg
LadyVillaWheatalot-Clun_zpsc2d2e8e9.jpg

size=400]http://http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv212/alanterri/WoosiescheckingSirGagakevsFleetwood_zpscfd8222f.jpg[/img]
QueenMelcutstheOfficialWoosieCake_zps969d58fc.jpg

SeethecaravansatWheatalot_zpsc9b1a09e.jpg
[img
Sunset from Sir Dustydog's caravan window
size=400]http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv212/alanterri/wheatalot/SunsetWheatalot_zps9e691417.jpg[/img]
SunsetWheatalot_zps9e691417.jpg

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
We have arrived at Brynich (Brecon) for a couple of nights just to see out the season and use a free night voucher. Two nights on a serviced pitch for average £11 per night. Not bad. ;) Had to have a service pitch because we were spoiled at Wheathill. :p

Been wet today, but tomorrow morning is meant to be dry so we will walk along the canal into Brecon for sightseeing and use our bus passes to return to the site.

Speak to you all soon.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
..........enjoy your break Sir WC & LS

We are on our 15th consecutive day of rain here in Sussex so binned a 4 day break we had planned at Chichester this week :(

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
..........enjoy your break Sir WC & LS

We are on our 15th consecutive day of rain here in Sussex so binned a 4 day break we had planned at Chichester this week :(

No I am not in Sussex, :p
I am in sunny Devon, we have had 2 days of rain,on Monday and today
Looks like you have taken my title of Rain master :lol:

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Gagakev said:
No I am not in Sussex, :p
I am in sunny Devon, we have had 2 days of rain,on Monday and today
Looks like you have taken my title of Rain master :lol:

.......the thought had crossed my mind as to your whereabouts :cheer:

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Enjoy the walks WC.
5% occupancy. You must have you own allocated WC.

Allocated WC - first on the right. ;)

Site occupancy did get up to about 10% by the time we left this morning. It looks like the CC did an excellent job of refurbishment when they took over the site. Only slight problem was traffic noise, but one got used to it. Nice walk along the canal into Brecon itself.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Don't know when we will get out in the van again :( Perhaps January. Came back from Wheatalot to the joyful news of grandchild number 3 on its way. :lol: :cheer: Due at the end of April. This means PC rally will definitely be out if it is occupying its usual early May Bank Holiday slot.
mel

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Excellent news Mel.Your Royal Woosieness is being rewarded.
Here's to a successful healthy mum and babe to be.
I believe Kev may be at the PCv rally.It's bound to rain so we could wet the baby's head :p
Tell me the mum's name is Kate? The Royals today announced the new babe's due date. Is there something you haven't told us ;)
Can we have a Woosieness quiz to guess the name?

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Mel said:
Don't know when we will get out in the van again :( Perhaps January. Came back from Wheatalot to the joyful news of grandchild number 3 on its way. :lol: :cheer: Due at the end of April.
mel

Congrats on forthcoming grandchild number 3........you will be much too busy at the end of next April for caravan rallies!

We are off with the caravan at the beginning of November for a 4 day stay at Glastonbury to take in the Bridgwater and Burnham on Sea carnivals and fireworks..always good events :)

Anyone else going or fancy a trip out ?

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Enjoy the carnivals, they are always amazing. We live on the circuit, so don't need the van, but it always seems to rain when we want to go, so we are waiting for our local one in Midsomer Norton, on the 10th. Sadly we are closing the van and putting it into storage next weekend, but will have it back in March to get the floor fixed before Easter.

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
crazyguider said:
Enjoy the carnivals, they are always amazing. We live on the circuit, so don't need the van, but it always seems to rain when we want to go, so we are waiting for our local one in Midsomer Norton, on the 10th. Sadly we are closing the van and putting it into storage next weekend, but will have it back in March to get the floor fixed before Easter.

Oh dear, another fair-weather caravanner. Where's your British grit, Crazyguider!? Are all the Woosies so woosie about going out in the winter months? I would have thought it's better for the 'van to be out and about and in use, rather than being static for months at a time. I've always been a year-round caravanner, and I'm off for a Christmas/New Year rally on 24th December, whoopy dooo!

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
We would go if we didnt have the kids in tow (please excuse pun), but as it gets ever darker, and we have no tv in the van, it just makes more sense to put it away. Plus it means all the house diy can be caught up on if we're not away. The bathroom needs finishing from last xmas!!

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I bought a new cover with 4 zips, and we decided to try it yesterday. My idea was to open it out indoors, and roll up the unzipped sides so that when it was on the van roof it would unfurl; however Sir Fixalot decided that wasn't a good idea, took it on top of the van after undoing the zips and wondered why he got in a mess! Back on the floor we did it my way, which worked...nuff said!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
CyberCynth said:
Unpacked? You're not fair-weather caravanners, are you Kev?! I'm hoping to get out again next month, and looking for a New Year rally to attend, courtesy of the C&CC DAs. Onwards and upwards! Woo hoooo!

Fair weather caravanners :huh:
As most know it nearly always rains when I go away, mind you this year hasnt been too bad to be honest,
Unfortunately us workers only get allocated 15 days summer hols and 5 days bank hols (5 for xmas + 3 Bank)
We have to plan at the beginning of the year And allow 4 days for the Woosiefest of course and Lady mags always works either Christmas day/ boxing day and or New years day so christmas break is out for us :(
Managed to get in a grand total of 31 nights this year :)

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Gagakev said:
CyberCynth said:
Unpacked? You're not fair-weather caravanners, are you Kev?! I'm hoping to get out again next month, and looking for a New Year rally to attend, courtesy of the C&CC DAs. Onwards and upwards! Woo hoooo!

As most know it nearly always rains when I go away, mind you this year hasnt been too bad to be honest,
Unfortunately us workers only get allocated 15 days summer hols and 5 days bank hols (5 for xmas + 3 Bank)
We have to plan at the beginning of the year And allow 4 days for the Woosiefest of course and Lady mags always works either Christmas day/ boxing day and or New years day so christmas break is out for us :(

Yes, sorry Kev, I tend to forget those still having to work may not have enough AL left to cover the winter outings. Does Lady Mags work in the care sector? As a retired nurse myself, I had a working lifetime of having to go on duty either over Christmas or the New Year, sometimes both. I never minded too much, as the hospital atmosphere was always very special over the festive period.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
CyberCynth said:
Gagakev said:
CyberCynth said:

Yes, sorry Kev, I tend to forget those still having to work may not have enough AL left to cover the winter outings. Does Lady Mags work in the care sector? As a retired nurse myself, I had a working lifetime of having to go on duty either over Christmas or the New Year, sometimes both. I never minded too much, as the hospital atmosphere was always very special over the festive period.

Hi Cynth, yes she works as a senior in a Residential home, she also works every other weekend and is there at the moment so i am left to do the chores today :(
But if the rain stops I am going to start dismantling the van to do the damp repair on the wheel arch area.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts