Woosie Club

Page 102 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Despite enjoying your company my 'Woosie friends', we won't be making Stowford in 2015 either, doesn't fit in with our other arrangements. Sorry but we sure hope we can 'Woosiefest' later in the year.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Looks like a bit of a non existent block booking. Still happy to coordinate any that want to go though.
Mel

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
It would be less work for Mel if we contacted Stowford to book up individually? We only need to tell the Park we're Woosie Club members, and want to park alongside other Woosies. Easy peezy lemon squeezy.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
CyberCynth said:
It would be less work for Mel if we contacted Stowford to book up individually? We only need to tell the Park we're Woosie Club members, and want to park alongside other Woosies. Easy peezy lemon squeezy.

Sorry Baroness Barmy, it doesn't work that way. We tried it last year and Stowford wouldn't put people together unless the bookings were all received together as a group. But saying that a couple of late bookers did manage to get very nearby.

Edit: the block booking this year was for 6 pitches.

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
WoodlandsCamper said:
CyberCynth said:

Sorry Baroness Barmy, it doesn't work that way. We tried it last year and Stowford wouldn't put people together unless the bookings were all received together as a group. But saying that a couple of late bookers did manage to get very nearby.

If Wheathill can do it, why not Stowford? The best way to change their minds is to vote with our feet (or rather, wheels - more of them!) and threaten to boycott their site. Some Woosies are going elsewhere this year anyway, but Stowford aren't to know that! ;)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Much as we'd like to meet with the Woosies at Stowford next year we are committed to visiting Carole's relatives in Cornwall so will reluctantly have to give the Readers rally a miss next time.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
CyberCynth said:
WoodlandsCamper said:
CyberCynth said:

If Wheathill can do it, why not Stowford? The best way to change their minds is to vote with our feet (or rather, wheels - more of them!) and threaten to boycott their site. Some Woosies are going elsewhere this year anyway, but Stowford aren't to know that! ;)

Cynth

Wheathill did it because I asked them last January for a block booking.
See my archive note.
http://www.practicalcaravan.com/forum/chit-chat/44911-woosie-club#346299

Sir WC our then King did the same for Stowford.

I and Lady Villa have decided to give Stowford a miss and go further North for May.
BUT we are definitely on for the 2015 Woosiefest.

Parksy.
Where in Cornwall?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Parksy.
Where in Cornwall?
We're going to the Falmouth area to visit Carole's niece and nephew who both moved there recently and then further on to St Ives to see Carole's aunt who lives in Crowlas

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Got any sites in mind?
St Austell's gem stone is not near enough. Polmanter and Gwithian Farm are worth a punt near St Ives.
Tell me you are staying in someone's back yard FOC :evil:

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Stowfolot 2015 seems to consist so far of............

Di
Crazyguider
CyberCynth
Gafferbill

Has anyone already booked?
Stowford say they can book adjacent pitches only to those that block book ............ so are we all going to block book via Queen Mel's booking service?

I will be booking Thursday April 30th to Wednesday May 6th and my preference is around pitches in the 380's in Field 3 where most of us were last year.
I will go with the consensus even if it is decided not to block book :)

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
At your humble service whatever you decide but can I suggest you decide Asap if you want particular pitches
Mel

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
Stowfolot 2015 seems to consist so far of............

Di
Crazyguider
CyberCynth
Gafferbill

Has anyone already booked?
Stowford say they can book adjacent pitches only to those that block book ............ so are we all going to block book via Queen Mel's booking service?

I will be booking Thursday April 30th to Wednesday May 6th and my preference is around pitches in the 380's in Field 3 where most of us were last year.
I will go with the consensus even if it is decided not to block book :)

Come on guys
Queen Mel has many Royal matters to deal with.

Surely the four of you can organise a you know what in a brewery. LOL :evil: :sick: :sick:

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I have friends who live up the hill from Crowlas, in Embla, near Towednack. Towednack Church was used in the Onedin Line filming. Our friends names are on placque i the church for ringing in the Millenium. Their name is Screaton. Enjoy it down there. If you walk the 'badgers' track west tou will cross their land - look out for the lake they have just re-dug.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Come on guys
Queen Mel has many Royal matters to deal with.

Surely the four of you can organise a you know what in a brewery. LOL :evil: :sick: :sick:

..........I for one am more than capable Alan!

I was just testing the waters to see what the consensus was........if the consensus was to block book then I was going to contact Queen Mel privately by email to suggest that I (one of her loyal subjects) would be happy to take on the job of block booking if she so wished to delegate to one of her humble half knights from below table.

The Queen and her Knights from the top table are not going to be present at Stofolot 2015...... someone needed to find out the level of organisation needed.

If the Woosies who are going want to book individually.... then the answer to my question is none!! :)

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
The Queen's Christmas message.

My dearest subjects: here we are almost at the end of 2014, looking back on our Caravanning year. The weather has been kind most of the time at least; once Sommerset emerged from under water anyway. We enjoyed two Woosie gatherings. One in the Spring at Stowfolot during the reign of Good King WC and again in glorious weather at Wheatalot in the autumn. The luxurious ablution facilities will be an enduring memory; as will Parksy in a Dickie bow, Sir Kev's home brew, and Sir Sprocket's light sabre.
Our Royal thoughts now turn toward next autumn's Woosie Fest. I therefore decree a Quest for ye suitable site. No adults only sites so that our Good Lady Crazyguider can attend. All possibilities to be posted.

I would like to wish all Woosies peace in your hearts, peace in your homes and peace in your lives this day. And to all a very Merry Christmas.

Queen Mel

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Thankyou, Your Majesty for such warm wishes, which are returned with equal generosity.
I hope your Christmas was a peaceful one.

As to future events; Greenhill Leisure Park near The dreaming spires of Oxford is recommended. It has first class ablutions, a small rally field, shop, indoor games roomNd I beleive a barn which they rent out to groups. It is also within staggering distance of the local hostelry. For the fisherpeople among us, there are fishing ponds, too.
Finally, a Happy New Caravanning Year to all. ;)

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Mel said:
The Queen's Christmas message.

My dearest subjects: here we are almost at the end of 2014, looking back on our Caravanning year. The weather has been kind most of the time at least; once Sommerset emerged from under water anyway. We enjoyed two Woosie gatherings. One in the Spring at Stowfolot during the reign of Good King WC and again in glorious weather at Wheatalot in the autumn. The luxurious ablution facilities will be an enduring memory; as will Parksy in a Dickie bow, Sir Kev's home brew, and Sir Sprocket's light sabre.
Our Royal thoughts now turn toward next autumn's Woosie Fest. I therefore decree a Quest for ye suitable site. No adults only sites so that our Good Lady Crazyguider can attend. All possibilities to be posted.

I would like to wish all Woosies peace in your hearts, peace in your homes and peace in your lives this day. And to all a very Merry Christmas.

Queen Mel

Why thank you you ladyship and a peaceful year to you as well.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
crazyguider said:
Thankyou, Your Majesty for such warm wishes, which are returned with equal generosity.
I hope your Christmas was a peaceful one.

As to future events; Greenhill Leisure Park near The dreaming spires of Oxford is recommended. It has first class ablutions, a small rally field, shop, indoor games roomNd I beleive a barn which they rent out to groups. It is also within staggering distance of the local hostelry. For the fisherpeople among us, there are fishing ponds, too.
Finally, a Happy New Caravanning Year to all. ;)

Looks a nice site but it doesn't take doggies after Sept 30th.
Strange one that!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Seasons felicitations and grovelling glad tidings Your Royal Highwoosieness.

Roughly, where geographically did you have in mind. ? Somewhere nearer Sir Sprocket perhaps :lol:

We're very flexible.
Agree it will be great to have a child / animal friendly site. Thus I'll be happy to go where ever.
With best wishes to all the Woosies for many happy nights caravanning in 2015.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts