Woosie Club

Page 17 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Well spotted ! Sir WC
smiley-laughing.gif

This is where I saw the prices,
Poston mill touring charges

I presume this is where you saw the prices ?
Poston mill holidays touring-caravans

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi Sprocket
Your link says:
Touring caravans, motorhomes, tents (Price per night, per pitch, including 2 adults and electricity. Awnings and own TV hook up free of charge).

Prices for 2012

It appears that if you take your own TV hook-up cable then connection to the bollard is free. If you need to 'rent' a TV aerial hook-up cable then it is £1 per night.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
hi managed to findd aa wifi hotspot on thiss m ad sitee wwe are on wifi yes decent toilets no. sorry about thee crap tying, I am using OHs touch screen gizmo. I am happy to go practically anywhere as long s it doesn't involve the M25. Just tell me who to ring and what to say.
mel

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Back at home, on the trusty lap top. Looking forward to the Woosie weekend already. Congrats on your Dame-hood Crazy guider. Are you going to join us? Looks like it is half term.
mel

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Sir Gagakev WC (Bar)
Has hurt his back and has had to leave his caravan on site at Mevagissey until he's well enough to collect it.
smiley-cry.gif

This perhaps demonstrates imo the need for both to be able to tug. Lady Villa did the CC towing course some years ago at Evesham. She now hitches up and tows with confidence.
When he is able Gagakev will speak to Poston Mill and agree a price for us. We can then phone them and book our own pitches.

Get better quickly Kev, your boss is missing you
smiley-laughing.gif

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
So sorry to hear about the injury - not surfing I hope?
Thankyou all for your lovely welcome to the Woosie Club, too.
Unfortunately I'm not sure we can make the Woosie gathering, as we're thinking about going up to Leicestershire to see my dad, but it's all weather-dependant. Looking at the way it is at the moment, I wouldn't be surprised if we have a heatwave then. I hope you all enjoy it if you are going..;)

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Sir Gagakev WC (Bar)
Has hurt his back and has had to leave his caravan on site at Mevagissey until he's well enough to collect it.
smiley-cry.gif

This perhaps demonstrates imo the need for both to be able to tug. Lady Villa did the CC towing course some years ago at Evesham. She now hitches up and tows with confidence.
When he is able Gagakev will speak to Poston Mill and agree a price for us. We can then phone them and book our own pitches.

Get better quickly Kev, your boss is missing you
smiley-laughing.gif

Managed to bring the van back yesterday, but back to square one today!!!!
Thanks for the wishes folks.

Will speak to Poston tomorrow to finalise things and post the out come on here, prices, numbers, etc and will start booking over the weekend hopefully, will keep you up to date.

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
As King DD says its very useful if the boss can tow ,you can get a little rest on a long journey.Get well soon Sir Gaga Kev we are off to France next week,will keep checking topic to book before we go
Best wishes

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Sorry to hear about the back Kev. A chiropractor always sorts out my OHs back: worth a go.
mel

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Sproket said:
Kev,
Have you thought about seeing a chiropractor ?
smiley-wink.gif

Did use to see one but after spending many £100's with her and then being told by her that she couldnt do any more for me and to go and see your own GP
smiley-undecided.gif

I did then spent 8 weeks flat on my back
smiley-cry.gif

Any way enough of that, back up on my feet today and raring to go.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
WOOSIE MEET _____POSTON MILL.

The manager I spoke with last week is not in today and the lady I spoke with said I would need to speak to him on Monday as she was not sure about the dates running into half term booking, (he was quite happy with it) GRRRRRRRRRRR
So we may have to bring it forward a week------------how do you feel about that? Know most of you are ok with it Think we will get this problem with any site as the kiddywinks are on half term.
Sorry its taking so long but we will get there in the end (I Hope).

Note to Sir Deli Dave, Dave if you are away (France) and you can do either dates, ask Parksy for my email and I will see what I can sort out for you.

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi Sir Gaga Kev,
We are OK with whatever is decided date wise,I try to get internet while we are away and if they need paying straightaway perhaps I could paypal you and see if you can sort the deposit.Hopefully they will be OK for a few days.Damn decent of you to think about it.
Best wishes

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Deli Dave_ said:
Hi Sir Gaga Kev,
We are OK with whatever is decided date wise,I try to get internet while we are away and if they need paying straightaway perhaps I could paypal you and see if you can sort the deposit.Hopefully they will be OK for a few days.Damn decent of you to think about it.
Best wishes
Not a prob Sir Deli Dave, just want to get it all sorted now its dragging on a bit but hope fully it will be full steam ahead from Monday,
when are you away?

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
we are at Black horse thursday PM then on tunnel 6a.m. Friday our friends are there and weather is not too good at the moment,hoping it will pick up

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
We're going to the CC site at St. David's on Wed for a week - last trip in the old van. Can't wait for the new one
smiley-smile.gif
. Have already got a buyer for the old one and their deposit is burning a hole in my pocket.

I hope we won't miss out on the booking for the Woosie Meet. Not sure if the dongle reception is any good on my laptop in that area, but one can only hope.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
We're going to the CC site at St. David's on Wed for a week - last trip in the old van. Can't wait for the new one
smiley-smile.gif
. Have already got a buyer for the old one and their deposit is burning a hole in my pocket.

I hope we won't miss out on the booking for the Woosie Meet. Not sure if the dongle reception is any good on my laptop in that area, but one can only hope.

Hi Sir WC

Is it Freshwater East?
smiley-undecided.gif

Beware .
smiley-cry.gif

This is the one and only CC s ite we had trouble with the Wardens.
Four years ago we arrived with MIL & FIL in their outfit. I pulled up at reception two feet over the white line . I got a bollocking. It was raining heavily. The in laws were disabled so we asked for a disabled pitch. None available. Ok . So to be next to each other we had to pitch on the top field grass slopes. FIL left a massive skid mark across the grass. Yes. It was his fault but the conditions didn't help. Thereafter the wardens were on our case every day to the extent we didn't feel welcome.

SWMBO had it out had with them , face to face. Lady Villa doesn't pull her punches .
smiley-cool.gif

Thereafter we were treated like Lords and moved to two pitches on hard surfaces next to the toilet block. ie one disabled and ours next door.
Nothing wrong with the site at all but please make sure you stick to the rules; or else!!
smiley-kiss.gif

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi DD
No, not Freshwater East - it's the other one that I can't pronounce. Hope the weather is dry as all pitches are grass. There are 5 comments about the site on the CC website, 4 said wardens were fantastic and one said they weren't.
Perhaps we can get a photo there for posterity with the Woosie T shirt and the old van.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:

Wont let you miss it Sir WC, will ask for more time for the fellow knights who will be away.
So far Yourself and Sir Deli Dave anyone else away?.
As said going to speak to them on Monday around lunch time so hope fully you will be able to put your deposits down before you go if not let me know and I will sort.

Interested fellow Knights so far;
King Dusty
Gagakev
Lady Mel
Sir Sprocket (Possible)
Sir Deli Dave
Sir WC
Lady Di
Sir Gab (Possible)
Sir Kopite
Sir Mucky Pup
And of course our guest of honour Lightpole Man
Just watch the dates as it may be brought forward by a week ie; to 12/10/2012 due to half term for the kiddywinks

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'll be knocking about on the forum on Monday so I'll exchange and forward any email addresses if need be.
We'll look forward to going and are ok with any date in October.

TRENDING THREADS