Woosie Club

Page 246 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
CustardAvenger said:
My local bus company has introduced proper posh busses... leather seats with head rests, USB for phone charging in every seat. Air Conditioned too!

CA,

If the bus company's would only fit a towbar to their new buses, then I would happily pay a couple of spondoolies for them to hook up and drop off the caravan at my destination.

(Yes, I know, the meds, the meds,' thank you nurse - but no I am busy tonight' :p

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Anseo said:
Off general topic here, please excuse.

Not being in the best of physical nick at the moment, I realised that cabin fever was getting to me.

My wife dropped me off at the local bus terminus and I (free bus pass) went to Glasgow, I was not at all sure about this as I felt pretty crap unwell.

45 minutes each way, lovely comfortable bus and free local Glasgow newspaper, I took a thermos mug of tea and sat back and relaxed.

Absolutely thoroughly enjoyable, no driving, no parking concerns and a very pleasant visit to the city centre.

Glasgow has surprisingly good architecture and beautiful buildings, I had forgotten just how good because my eyes are almost always focused on the roadstreets.

I must get out more often without the car, I feel I had a really relaxing and beneficial break.

Will be doing it again
Reminds of our last trip to Strathclyde Country Park CAMC. A very short drive to Bellshill railway station. 16 minutes on the train to Glasgow Central. Two years ago cost £4.38 each return. Dogs free and free car parking at Bellshill. Thanks to Ray for the advice.
Agree Glasgow is a wonderful city. We did the hop on /off tourist guide bus. The new transport museum is a must. Will try my bus pass next time

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Anseo said:
Off general topic here, please excuse.

Not being in the best of physical nick at the moment, I realised that cabin fever was getting to me.

My wife dropped me off at the local bus terminus and I (free bus pass) went to Glasgow, I was not at all sure about this as I felt pretty crap unwell.

45 minutes each way, lovely comfortable bus and free local Glasgow newspaper, I took a thermos mug of tea and sat back and relaxed.

Absolutely thoroughly enjoyable, no driving, no parking concerns and a very pleasant visit to the city centre.

Glasgow has surprisingly good architecture and beautiful buildings, I had forgotten just how good because my eyes are almost always focused on the roadstreets.

I must get out more often without the car, I feel I had a really relaxing and beneficial break.

Will be doing it again
Reminds of our last trip to Strathclyde Country Park CAMC. A very short drive to Bellshill railway station. 16 minutes on the train to Glasgow Central. Two years ago cost £4.38 each return. Dogs free and free car parking at Bellshill. Thanks to Ray for the advice.
Agree Glasgow is a wonderful city. We did the hop on /off tourist guide bus. The new transport museum is a must. Will try my bus pass next time

Next time you are coming up this way, you and Lady Vila will have dinner on me (and my wonderful wife).

Looking forward to seeing you then (Hurry up and get on the roads, trains or whatever).

:) :

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.........try delivering to shops dotted around Glasgow with an artic and 40ft box trailer :)
Used to drive down a pedestrianised Buchanan St being very careful.......don't think this is now possible with a large vehicle.
Going underground to deliver to the St Enoch Centre was relatively easy!
I used to enjoy the week long trip around Scotland from Sussex travelling to all the large towns and cities.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Just back from Knaresborough caravan club site like someone said earlier on what a lovely site and since it has been done , mind you we forgot the butter which was just £3.75 in the club shop ; extortionate :angry:

Lovely plot looking up the site .

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Ipswich Town:

Going down there for a few days in Dec, I'm not dragging the caravan along.

Just wondered if anyone had any tips or suggestions for things to see and do (or avoid).

Thanks all.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
These caravan 'breakfasts' don't really help the diet! (ps -- used low fat butter on my toast!)

45383170-583955015352060-3853461142055682048-n.jpg

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
Anseo said:
Ipswich Town:

Just wondered if anyone had any tips or suggestions for things to see and do (or avoid).

Thanks all.

We're only 18 miles away, and quite like Ipswich, although are visits are mainly by sea! There are plenty of nice places in the surrounding area, depending on what your interests are. Sutton Hoo Saxon burial is close and there are some lovely coastal places. At Felixstowe, there is Landguard fort, which has two "attractions", the fort itself (you need to check opening times) and the car park just adjacent where you can watch the container ships coming in and out of Felixstowe docks.
A little but further away is Woodbridge (upmarket old market town), and a touch further is Aldeburgh (good fish and chips and excellent ice cream shop). In the Aldeburgh area you're not far from Leiston, with the Long Shop Museum which was (allegedly) the first production line where Garrett Traction Engines were produced.
If you like wild and windswept coast (of the shingle variety) there is miles of it.

All this is easily within a 25 mile radius of Ipswich.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Gabsgrandad said:
These caravan 'breakfasts' don't really help the diet! (ps -- used low fat butter on my toast!)

45383170-583955015352060-3853461142055682048-n.jpg
Sorry to see you’ve given up the fourth egg :evil:

I'd have gone for poached eggs myself, they're the healthy option :lol:

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Guzzilazz said:
Anseo said:
Ipswich Town:

Thanks all.

We're only 18 miles away, and quite like Ipswich, although are visits are mainly by sea! There are plenty of nice places in the surrounding area, depending on what your interests are. Sutton Hoo Saxon burial is close and there are some lovely coastal places. At Felixstowe, there is Landguard fort, which has two "attractions", the fort itself (you need to check opening times) and the car park just adjacent where you can watch the container ships coming in and out of Felixstowe docks.
A little but further away is Woodbridge (upmarket old market town), and a touch further is Aldeburgh (good fish and chips and excellent ice cream shop). In the Aldeburgh area you're not far from Leiston, with the Long Shop Museum which was (allegedly) the first production line where Garrett Traction Engines were produced.
If you like wild and windswept coast (of the shingle variety) there is miles of it.

Thank you Guzzilazz,

That's the sort of thing I am looking for, cheers,
John

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Cracker of a breakfast Pete, good to see the healthy option of a lovely Erdinger included, not a full 'English' but hey, who gives?

In the interests of promoting a super healthy diet, one might fore-go the tomatoes.

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
Anseo said:
Guzzilazz said:
Anseo said:
Ipswich Town:

Thanks all.

Thank you Guzzilazz,

That's the sort of thing I am looking for, cheers,
John

Loads more as well, including pubs for good food, and other stuff on the more inland side...

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Mel, when are you coming over to Bletchly Park, and where are you staying.?

Hi hutch. I will email you via Parksy later. I don’t think I have your email. Steve or Damian, if you read this in the meantime. Please would you forward my email address to Hutch
Thanks

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Mel said:
EH52ARH said:

Hi hutch. I will email you via Parksy later. I don’t think I have your email. Steve or Damian, if you read this in the meantime. Please would you forward my email address to Hutch
Thanks

With pleasure Mel :)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Parksy said:
Mel said:
EH52ARH said:

Thanks

With pleasure Mel :)

Thanks Steve, got it.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.......first run out with the Swift to Bridge Villa for a 4 day try out today.
Very light traffic on the M25..... :)
Already had blinding sunshine for about 15 minutes but now dark and raining at 4pm :(

Remembering the last time we were here with Graham ....great memories.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
Already had blinding sunshine for about 15 minutes but now dark and raining at 4pm :(

Hi Bill
So you are going home on Sunday?
Great walks along the river and of course to you favourite hostelry at the end of a bracing walk in this weather.
Fully agree we had a lovely time and will never forget our fellow Woosie Graham RIP

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Gafferbill said:

Hi Bill
So you are going home on Sunday?
Great walks along the river and of course to you favourite hostelry at the end of a bracing walk in this weather.
Fully agree we had a lovely time and will never forget our fellow Woosie Graham RIP

I thought it was closed for the winter, I had best check up, have a great time GafferB.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts