Woosie Club

Page 248 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Spring Meet Up?

Anyone care to put forward their name for a Springtime get-together?
Location and date to be decided, but 'Yorkshire-ish' has been suggested already.

I am pretty flexible with date(s) and location, I'm happy to add my name for this.

Hoping our King - Sir Gab WC can give his consent and input.
Suggestions from others most welcome.

1. Anseo - Sir Haggis
etc.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Anseo said:
Spring Meet Up?

Anyone care to put forward their name for a Springtime get-together?
Location and date to be decided, but 'Yorkshire-ish' has been suggested already.

I am pretty flexible with date(s) and location, I'm happy to add my name for this.

Hoping our King - Sir Gab WC can give his consent and input.
Suggestions from others most welcome.

1. Anseo
2. Hutch
etc.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Mel said:
Depends on when ( more than where). Any thoughts.
Mel

Not really got down to that yet , will have to look at the calendar for bank holidays etc, I am not good at that, being retired, all weekends are the same too us. But will get dates looked at. :)

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Hutch. We are not tied to Bank holidays in spite of not being retired. It's just that as well as the usual childcare we seem to have been signed up for a short spell of dog sitting in June. Not quite sure how that happened. :dry:
Mel

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Hi Hutch,

Not sure just yet. Have a few things to resolve.
Keep me posted on when and where.

Thanks for that DD, all I said over a dram of Welsh Whiskey was, " Let's meet again, don't know where, don't know when," and went off foraging :p

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Hiya Woosies, thought I’d better let you know that I’m struggling with 1 or 2 issues, (legs) nowt too serious at this moment, but it has left me in a non - caravanning mood this last few weeks. Just had the longest spell without been in the van for years and ‘nowt’ planned as yet, and my interest level very low. So I’ll say now so as to give someone else the chance and opportunity to take over/organise the Woosie outings for 2019. - That I will have to give up the organisational side for this year and see how things progress? (Is that abdication?)
I will do all I can to help and support whoever takes it on, but I don’t want to continue and finish up letting anyone down later in the year. -- Sorry folks.
I/we shall continue our Woosie associations and hopefully join/attend anything organised later in the year, and help if/where possible.
(Would have emailed this to Woosies but don't have many addresses)

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Sorry to hear you are not in the best of form Pete, I hope it all improves very quickly for you.

You have done your Kingy bit with excellence, I'm sure that all will agree.

Rest up and get well and I look forward to meeting you sometime in the near future.

Don't know about the others, but I am happy for the next in line (able and willing) candidate to be crowned now and in advance of Woosiefest 2019.

Thanks again for all your great work Pete.

John

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Anseo said:
Sorry to hear you are not in the best of form Pete, I hope it all improves very quickly for you.

You have done your Kingy bit with excellence, I'm sure that all will agree.

Rest up and get well and I look forward to meeting you sometime in the near future.

Don't know about the others, but I am happy for the next in line (able and willing) candidate to be crowned now and in advance of Woosiefest 2019.

Thanks again for all your great work Pete.

John

As a lowley Knight I reckon a previous "King " maybe Prince should help the present King. For this years fest, Or ring around previous fests, To see where the attendents can get to.
Pete So is there a bike going up for sale cheap, or will I get a slap. ? Take care mate.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Sorry to hear all this Pete. Important thing is that you recuperate. Don’t worry about it. As far as I can make out, Hutch and John have nominated themselves to organise a Spring Meet and we can take it from there to sort out the autumn. Just waiting for them to announce some dates.
Mel

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi Mel and others , I am still researching places and times, but like others a sick sister in law in Portsmouth, is tending to take my attention away at present.
This getting old stuff is rubbish.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Thanks King Gabsgrandad for all your hard work last year ......and hope you soon return to good health.
You'll soon be out and about with your caravan again I'm sure. :)

EH52ARH said:
...As a lowley Knight I reckon a previous "King " maybe Prince should help the present King.

........we have always appointed the leader by a vote taken behind the scenes by the ex Kings and Queen.

Watch this space as work is going on in the background :unsure:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Niall_McIntosh said:
"This getting old stuff is rubbish."
I'm told that it is, however, better than the alternative...........

As my old Steward kept telling me , " Master Body in cloth and above Ground "
Great old boy Joeseph. Loved him.

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
FYI Let me know if you chose this one.
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x486516b7bb1f6449:0x2359014c0f4559c7!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m16!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!2m2!1m1!1e6!3m1!7e115!4shttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipPTd8VWw8V9dvqq3me-ezjztfsORC_hGXup_fwZ%3Dw239-h160-k-no!5smorris+caravan+park+betws+y+coed+-+Google+Search&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipPTd8VWw8V9dvqq3me-ezjztfsORC_hGXup_fwZ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwitoOmDyv7fAhVZRBUIHYnyBdAQoiowC3oECAYQBg

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
Thanks King Gabsgrandad for all your hard work last year ......and hope you soon return to good health.
You'll soon be out and about with your caravan again I'm sure. :)

EH52ARH said:
...As a lowley Knight I reckon a previous "King " maybe Prince should help the present King.

........we have always appointed the leader by a vote taken behind the scenes by the ex Kings and Queen.

Watch this space as work is going on in the background :unsure:

Thanks Bill
There is a lot going on behind the scenes at the moment, poor health being the biggest stumbling block :(
We can't commit to the spring Woosiefest just yet. More later.
In the interim as the original Woosie King, I and the past Monarchs will be putting our heads together planning the main Autumn bash.

Any suggestions for locations please?
We have a consensus on who our new Monarch will be but that will have to wait until the autumn as usual.
In the meantime I am happy to follow the Spring Woosies plans although as I say I may not be there.
It is also worth saying now that both these gatherings are fully open to all PCV readers who are very welcome to join in the fun with no strings attached. Maybe even Craig will show us his Sprite this year :whistle:
Thanks everyone

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I suppose Craig could do a " On the busses" and do a " Murder on the Blackpool Express" and take the pax to the next Woosie fest. :evil:

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
King Gabsgrandad and Sir Dustydog, wishing you both a quick return to rude health, hope you both can make the Spring meet-up.

Health is not as you know something that is assured (me pneumoniapleurisy 3 times in the space of 10 months), so never can tell.

A wee comment for nobody in particular :p, someone very close to me has had 3 knee replacements (no she does not have 3 legs - work it out ;) ) and was up and about and driving etc. in no time.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Winter arriving N. Lincs

DSC05354.jpg

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Yes keep it up North........sunny day in Sussex and Kent yesterday if a bit cold.
Had a spectacular early morning view of the lunar eclipse in clear skies this week. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts