Woosie Club

Page 260 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Just had a telephone call from Liam at The Marton, he took the time to phone me rather than email, that was a nice touch :) .

Anyways, doggies are welcome in The Marton, including the dining area.

Liam wasn't too keen on my 4 homing pigeons flying around the restaurant area (bar area was OK with him).

I guess the pigeons have an entire Wyoming for themselves to flap around in now.

Remember to keep the windows only slightly open please DD, thank you.

EDIT: Liam will try to arrange an area for us to be together as a group after we have dined.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Dustydog said:
EH52ARH said:
Anseo said:
Sunday 28th April 2019 Thornbrook Barn.

Who is up for a Jacobs Table get-together on the Sunday?

Add name to list below please:

1. Sir Haggis
=

2. Hutch and Elaine.
3. Dustydog and Lady Villa

I’m thinking of bringing some of my local butchers king size sausage rolls, chopped up like last autumn and maybe some pineapple and cheese on sticks.
There’s only 10 of us so ....... more booze....... philistine...... :evil: :evil:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Dustydog said:
EH52ARH said:
Anseo said:
Sunday 28th April 2019 Thornbrook Barn.

Who is up for a Jacobs Table get-together on the Sunday?

Add name to list below please:

1. Sir Haggis
=

2. Hutch and Elaine.
3. Dustydog and Lady Villa

I’m thinking of bringing some of my local butchers king size sausage rolls, chopped up like last autumn and maybe some pineapple and cheese on sticks.
There’s only 10 of us so ....... more booze....... philistine...... :evil: :evil:

Sounds good, I think Elaines cleaning out the freezer, chicken satay sticks Mozerattla crumb things and something else, hopefully with Anseos Black puding and our scallops, red wine , maybe a dram, we should be fine. But not sure about lunch though might have to go to the pub. :p oh yes and carrots sticks Cucumber and Smokey garlic Hummus.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Cheers DustyD,

3 out 5 positive responses for having the Jacobs Table get-together so far.

Maybe we could do a Chow Mein or a Chop Suey, whatya think, would you like that?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Anseo said:
Cheers DustyD,

3 out 5 positive responses for having the Jacobs Table get-together so far.

Maybe we could do a Chow Mein or a Chop Suey, whatya think, would you like that?
Pressies food is fantastic. But don’t go ott. There’s only 10 of us.
I am sure her chow / chop... will be lovely. She is a great cook . And a lovely Lady too :kiss: :kiss:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I can see Pressie is wanting to show off her cooking skills, easy going for us. All goes down the same. With Pete not there , unfortunately, there is no cake needed.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
I can see Pressie is wanting to show off her cooking skills, easy going for us. All goes down the same. With Pete not there , unfortunately, there is no cake needed.
Steady on there my boy. Pete isn’t the only one who likes cake :) Fat Club all Booked for Friday 10th May. Three of of us going. No beer for at least six weeks. Will have to make the best of it at Thornbrook dale :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Anseo said:
Full size Stornoway Black Puddings are in the fridge waiting to be delivered to DD and Hutch.
I’m bringing some Cricklade home cured bacon. No water or scum.
Who’s got the local eggs. Feel a breakfast feast coming on!!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Anseo said:
Full size Stornoway Black Puddings are in the fridge waiting to be delivered to DD and Hutch.
I’m bringing some Cricklade home cured bacon. No water or scum.
Who’s got the local eggs. Feel a breakfast feast coming on!!

I am going to get the Bedfordshire Black bacon tomorrow , maybe Duck eggs, on the way to collect the van, load it then off to Hospital for the bosses check up, best we try the good beers in the pub, Thursday evening to meet liam.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
------- ' No beer for at least six weeks --- Think I'll stay 'fat' ! -- trouble is the two stone I lost last year -- ones gone back on! (Out for lunch (again) today with biker mates and ladies, 2 or 3 Batemans went down a treat, from that 'local brewery)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
------- ' No beer for at least six weeks --- Think I'll stay 'fat' ! -- trouble is the two stone I lost last year -- ones gone back on! (Out for lunch (again) today with biker mates and ladies, 2 or 3 Batemans went down a treat, from that 'local brewery)

Sounds great, looking at a BMW, R 650r as my legs are short. Kitchen has to be done first. :(

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:

The problem I have Pete is a lot of my clothes have shrunk in the wardrobe this winter :woohoo: I can't explain it other than the St Austell Tribute :p

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Think my riding days are at an end (nearly?!) 'Arthur Wright has' taken it's toll of me this winter, given one of bikes to son, the other will be on market soon (I think, barring "miracles") But had 60+ years apprenticeship on 2 wheels, -- feels like it now!

DSC04018.jpg

This one going as well, -- Grand daughter not included!

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
I have to make this comment regarding motorbikes: Just this weekend on a day trip from the Red Kite Park (Fantastic Park mind you) on the A44 a guy passed with a pillion rider at great speed and a few miles down the road, the road was blocked, it appears he and his his wife were seriously injured and air lifted to hospital. It turned out later news he died!

Now as a long time owner and rider of bikes I am not for a minute advocating that people don't ride them, or for that matter go fast, but pace yourself very carefully. When I was riding I rode almost every week let alone every day, my reflexes were tuned to handling a bike notwithstanding avoiding crazy motorists encountered along the way.

The problem as I see it today, all these "old reborn riders" have very powerful bikes, spend half their lives polishing them, then on odd occasions think they can go out and ride to the bikes full potential forgetting they are probably very out of tune with their bikes and end up ...well sadly too many are killed.

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
May I ask - who chose this weekend for the Spring meet. Was he perhaps looking deep in a Gelnfiddish glass? Got confused. Have you seen the forecast?

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Ha ha ! I'm still a bit sore off the roughly 23°C sunburn we were in for 4 days !
Mind you trying to do a run yesterday after a long weekend off BBQ'ing & drinking ain't ideal !! :p

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Grey13 said:
OK getting to Thornbrook from the M6. Anyone used that road recently? Is it really a narrow road for vans?
Grey

I am coming from the south. Turn off at J34 and 19 miles later arrive at the Woosiefest.
A roads. See the latest email you had from Thornbrook Dale site.
Go steady Grey. See you there

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
My and Anseos Shout for the Spring break, The predicted, weather was Thunderstorms in the mornings and snow in the afternoon, so all in all, good weather.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We used to blame our Woosie friend and one of our founder members Gagakev as the bringer of rain. He has not made it to the last few meets, so perhaps he has passed on the mantle of Rain god.
Enjoy anyway folks.
Mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts