Woosie Club

Page 258 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Sorry we shan't be with you Woosies, but did have previous booking for the dates, however have a good 'un, -- see you September, (health permitting)

Capture.jpg

http://kantankyeskegness.blogspot.com/p/facilities.html

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi 'Hutch' we used to run a rally at the Waggon & Horses for the Lincolnshire Centre Caravan Club, -,spent many a night in the 'hostelry'. Twas in the days pre hook ups though, -- Enjoy!
S-Reston-001.jpg

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Dustydog said:
My latest TA with many thanks to the guys on the Bailey Senator Owners Forum.
Very clever these boffins

A0-CCBE27-D99-F-4-BBB-BC1-E-E3-E4-D0725-B9-F.jpg

Yes seen the Mod advertised at the start of April, glad you got it done. :p

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Dustydog said:

A great feature on these is that the front wheels retract into the lounge area when the caravan is attached to the tow vehicle, a fifty percent saving on tyre wear when towing.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Anseo said:
Dustydog said:

A great feature on these is that the front wheels retract into the lounge area when the caravan is attached to the tow vehicle, a fifty percent saving on tyre wear when towing.

I suppose the weight on the front is countered By Teri's Shampoo and conditioner in the shower, but DD maybe stows the beer amidships now.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
:evil:
Anseo said:
EH52ARH said:
Dustydog said:
Just wait until Thornbrook :evil:

Really looking forward to it, Anseo is the The Umpire for reversing onto the pitch, .
Anseo, I have the scallops,. :p

Picking up the Stornoway Black Puds for you and Dustydog next week.

Local butcher, doing another batch of Bedfordshire black bacon, cured in treacle, or Molasses.

Ah a nice egg butty would be nice. For the Girls.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
[/quote]

Ah a nice egg butty would be nice. For the Girls.[/quote]

Casual sexism is rarely attractive. :evil:
Mel

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Just had my reminder and joining instructions from Thornbrook Barn.
Very nice touch. Looking forward to it my fellow Woosies. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Just had the same this morning, my carvan sat Nav, takes me the southern route up from the M6. If anyone know different give us a shout please.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Just had my reminder and joining instructions from Thornbrook Barn.
Very nice touch. Looking forward to it my fellow Woosies. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Nice touch as said.

I phoned to find out if they wanted my final payement in advance of me arriving, "no. just pay when you get here" was the reply, I like that, sounds like decent folks running the site.

I was also advised that the pitch was fully serviced, grey water waste etc. don't know about TV aerial -didn't ask and could not give a care :)

Looking forward to seeing you all B)

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Weighed the contents of my 13kg calor propane cylinder today (Poundland luggage scales), if my calculations are correct then I have 8kg approx left in the cylinder, I purchased said cylinder over a year ago and I don't skimp on gas, saying that I am almost always on EHU.

I am surprised at how little gas I use, some for a water temp boost, gas rings for cooking, grill - rarely, oven - rarely, fridge - rarely, pretty scientific calculations as you can tell :p .

I am beginning to doubt my calculations though :huh: Time will tell :blink:

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Anseo said:
Checked the contents of my 13kg calor propane cylinder today, if my calculations are correct then I have 8kg approx left in the cylinder, I purchased said cylinder over a year ago and I don't skimp on gas, saying that I am almost always on EHU.

I am surprised at how little gas I use, some for a water temp boost, gas rings for cooking, grill - rarely, oven - rarely, fridge - rarely, pretty scientific calculations as you can tell :p .

I am beginning to doubt my calculations though :huh: Time will tell :blink:
Don’t worry. Us old dogs always carry a full spare :kiss:

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Alan...a decission needs to be made re which pub we will use. If you remember my feedback and post

[Hi Forumites and Woosiefest 14 - 15 September 2019.

Dustydog, aka Alan, is being a busy-bee arranging this meet that looks like it is going to be a lot of fun!

Plans are afoot to dine out on the Saturday evening and after close investigation and a recce of the local area a lovely pub serving great food is been considered. The Red Lion. There are basically 2 options a small local The Shrewsbury Arms which after inspection will be too small. The second being a very nice more spacious pub just around the vorner called the Red Lion Inn is fantastic and can cater for any number of guests depending on how many finally join us.

I have made tentative reservations at both and to be fair should cancel one.

You know my feelings. Let me know or if you think best let me know and i will cancel both till a decission is made. I geel bad leaving both hanging.

Remember the better one is not in walking distance. Even so the other is too fsr for me to walk in any case and along a busy road.

Grey

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Grey13 said:
Alan...a decission needs to be made re which pub we will use. If you remember my feedback and post

[Hi Forumites and Woosiefest 14 - 15 September 2019.

Dustydog, aka Alan, is being a busy-bee arranging this meet that looks like it is going to be a lot of fun!

Plans are afoot to dine out on the Saturday evening and after close investigation and a recce of the local area a lovely pub serving great food is been considered. The Red Lion. There are basically 2 options a small local The Shrewsbury Arms which after inspection will be too small. The second being a very nice more spacious pub just around the vorner called the Red Lion Inn is fantastic and can cater for any number of guests depending on how many finally join us.

I have made tentative reservations at both and to be fair should cancel one.

You know my feelings. Let me know or if you think best let me know and i will cancel both till a decission is made. I geel bad leaving both hanging.

Remember the better one is not in walking distance. Even so the other is too fsr for me to walk in any case and along a busy road.

Grey
Hi Grey,
Apologies for the delay.
I have been busy in Devon recently sorting out my old mum. Even cancelled a two week trip th Shropshire.
Ok .i am happy to go with your best choice, The Red Lion. If we can’t walk , no worries. Terri will drive and be alcohol free :( . However if anyone else prefers The Shrewsbury Arms please say so.

Cheers
DD

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi all, I phoned Thornbrook Barn and asked for recommendations as to where to eat, The Marton was recommended and was told they "would see us right there" booking is necessary.

Nearby is The Masons - pubbar grub and not recommended.

But hey, I am happy to go with the flow, Hutch and Alan and Grey have put a lot of effort into this so I will leave it up to them if that is OK.

If a further afield venue is desired then we could look for a local minibus taxi service, would likely mean some of us would have to wait a little while (at each end) as I understand the nearest taxi company has only one minibus.

The bummer is that some of us would have to hang around the bar waiting fopr the minibus to return to the restaurant, fair do's, those who take the early mini-bus will compensate those who wait by picking up the bar tab. :p

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts