Woosie Club

Page 276 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello all, just thought I'd pop in and see how everyone is. Apologies for not being around, just been so busy. Can't remember if I said on here, but we have a dog!! A rescue lurcher called Mitchell. He keeps me busy, which is why I'm not on here a lot any more. Hope everyone one is well. Am off to Swanage for a fortnight on Saturday, just as the weather is about to change!! Still, doggo loves the van, so that's one thing sorted. enjoy the summer xxx

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to say but it looks like our attendance at the Woosiefest is in serious doubt, as is our Dornafield trip later in the Autumn.
When we got back from our last trip, we had suffered a water leak from the bathroom which had stained a ceiling downstairs. As the bathroom floor was overboarded and tiled, the track and trace for the leak has not only been a real pain, but has resulted in subtantial damage to the floor. When the leak was finally found, we have found ourselves facing a massive job, including the joists. Appears the pipe has been leaking for some time, so we have decided not only to repair but rip the whole lot out and start from scratch, and you guessed it, our earliest date from the contractors starts a week before Woosiefest.

So, as my site (4 days) is booked and paid for, I will happily donate it to any other member wishing to attend.
Im as gutted as the house is about to be.

I will be at the next one, whenever and wherever.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thingy, that's a real shame, explain to Elm farm and they will hopefully give you a voucher for another date and maybe some of us close by can meet up at another date suitable to yourself after the jobs done. I am sure you will not lose the money for the pitch. . Good luck on the building work.
One time wife went up to Newcastle for a funeral, the night before I went back to work in Nigeria, I got up at 5am, Had my shower came down stair to find a second shower where it should not be, Water all isolated and rang the wife at 8 am to ask her to fix it. .

Hopefully this will be finished before the Woosie fest.
20190808-185122.jpg

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Not worried about the money. In truth, Elm Farm isnt somewhere I would go by choice, it was only for the WF.

The bathroom is something that has needed to be sorted for a long while, and I no longer have an excuse to put it off, I have no option and its going to cost, but hey ho. Im hoping Dornafield will let me push the booking on to next year, but if you recall, this was last years booking when I ended up in hospital. Not sure if they will do it twice.

The biggest issue I have is picking tiles, and madam is making this more difficult than Brexit. I like slate, she likes white or light marble. She hates the whole brown spectrum, I could live with that and a reclaimed wooden floor. I like large tiles, bigger the better, she likes small subway tiles. I like modern and minimalist, she likes the Victorian look. She likes a Victorian style shower, I like LEDs, digital and an ipod connection. A divorce would be cheaper and less pain. :lol:

And have you seen those electronic WCs at four grand a piece. The computer said no!
https://www.geberit.co.uk/technical-pages/#videoId=FT9WKxfQ5n5LuxnRoRVYdw
You just gotta watch the video on that link, and wonder how to get one in the caravan.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Sorry to hear the problems at home Thingy. Never mind there will always be another WF. Hope the domestic disruption isn’t too prolonged for you and the family. I assume you agreement your house Insurers will oversee the works and pay the bill?
Good luck.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thingy said:
Not worried about the money. In truth, Elm Farm isnt somewhere I would go by choice, it was only for the WF.

The bathroom is something that has needed to be sorted for a long while, and I no longer have an excuse to put it off, I have no option and its going to cost, but hey ho. Im hoping Dornafield will let me push the booking on to next year, but if you recall, this was last years booking when I ended up in hospital. Not sure if they will do it twice.

The biggest issue I have is picking tiles, and madam is making this more difficult than Brexit. I like slate, she likes white or light marble. She hates the whole brown spectrum, I could live with that and a reclaimed wooden floor. I like large tiles, bigger the better, she likes small subway tiles. I like modern and minimalist, she likes the Victorian look. She likes a Victorian style shower, I like LEDs, digital and an ipod connection. A divorce would be cheaper and less pain. :lol:

And have you seen those electronic WCs at four grand a piece. The computer said no!
https://www.geberit.co.uk/technical-pages/#videoId=FT9WKxfQ5n5LuxnRoRVYdw
You just gotta watch the video on that link, and wonder how to get one in the caravan.

Sorry to hear of the water damage to your home. My son in laws parents went away on holiday and a leaked occurred in the supply to their en-suite. The power pump fed it for probably a week. The insurer was almost writing the house off but in the end they were in rented fir six months.

Since moving into our new home I’ve had a new monsoon pump to feed the en-suites but it get switched on and off for each use. Also the mains inlet now feeds the outside tap and the rest of the house is spurred off of it and can be isolated whilst still allowing. our daughter to do the watering. Next step is to then isolate the two loft tanks to stop a couple of hundred gallons making their way south. Spent my career ensuring water stays out of my steel box now having to do the same at home. Paranoid or what ?

Anyway hope you and your wife can reach an amicable agreement on the decor. :)

May 24, 2014
Visit site
No problem with the insurers Dusty, its all been accepted. Its just that whilst we were going to be in such a mess, we decided it was the best time to undertake more work.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Sorry to hear of this Thingy. We had a slow leak which rotted most of an internal wall by the time it was discovered, so my sympathies.
Just a thought, given you will presumably be without water, without ceilings and surrounded by mess; wouldn’t escaping in the van for a few days and leaving a key with the contractors actually be a good plan?
Mel

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to learn of your trials and tribulations Thingy, maybe next time eh?
I had heard that a certain Woosie knight who lives dahn sarf near to MK is a dab hand at decorating, he really loves doing it. :lol:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Parksy said:
I had heard that a certain Woosie knight who lives dahn sarf near to MK is a dab hand at decorating, he really loves doing it. :lol:

Wrong again mate, driveway coming along 17 tons of Nuclear, bunker removed this morning, Back living room unusable, but first coat of gloss done, second coat tomorrow then walls. Pushing forward, then after the Woosie fest, it Hall Stair and landing, might get out in November. We hope.
See you all in September.
A and E.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Parksy said:

Wrong again mate, driveway coming along 17 tons of Nuclear, bunker removed this morning, Back living room unusable, but first coat of gloss done, second coat tomorrow then walls. Pushing forward, then after the Woosie fest, it Hall Stair and landing, might get out in November. We hope.
See you all in September.
A and E.

See, I told you Thingy, he loves doing it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
Think it's about 'hierarchy', Parksy ! --- From another bit of literature -- 'Thy will be done!'

It's all about getting this decorating done so that I can by myself a motorbike, so don't sell yours yet. :p

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Bad Luck with the water damage Thingy, hope it all goes well from here on in.

Sorry we wont see you in September, another time then :) .

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Gabsgrandad said:
Think it's about 'hierarchy', Parksy ! --- From another bit of literature -- 'Thy will be done!'

It's all about getting this decorating done so that I can by myself a motorbike, so don't sell yours yet. :p

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Your motorbike doesn't need painting by any chance does it Pete? :p

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Parksy said:
EH52ARH said:
Gabsgrandad said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Your motorbike doesn't need painting by any chance does it Pete? :p

Well after this harmfull, mental stress to myself, from SWMBO, yesterday morning my trusty old Bosch sander, of 20 years, decided to go into random speed mode, so had to go down to the local Wickes store to get a new one, and Wow they have the best breakfast burger van around. Sausage, bacon egg and a slice of Lorne sausage, in a crispy baguette, then the boss askes when I get home, that to a long time. :p

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm sorry to say that my attendance at the Woosiefest in September may be in doubt.
I paid a deposit when I booked, but I'm due to have surgiery within the next few weeks, so I'm not sure whether to pay the balance of the fee which is now due because I may be in hospital or recovering from the surgery when it's time to meet up.
My best course of action would be to forfeit the deposit, inform the site owners that they can reallocate our pitch and if we can still make it I'll re-book when when I know the situation at the time.
I'm due to meet the surgeon as an outpatient on 20th August, I'm away until the 28th so presumably the operation will take place at the end of August or early September.
I'll have to take medical advice about the advisability of driving and going away with the caravan regarding the recovery time scale when the operation is completed.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Parksy said:
I'm sorry to say that my attendance at the Woosiefest in September may be in doubt.
I paid a deposit when I booked, but I'm due to have surgiery within the next few weeks, so I'm not sure whether to pay the balance of the fee which is now due because I may be in hospital or recovering from the surgery when it's time to meet up.
My best course of action would be to forfeit the deposit, inform the site owners that they can reallocate our pitch and if we can still make it I'll re-book when when I know the situation at the time.
I'm due to meet the surgeon as an outpatient on 20th August, I'm away until the 28th so presumably the operation will take place at the end of August or early September.
I'll have to take medical advice about the advisability of driving and going away with the caravan regarding the recovery time scale when the operation is completed.
Steve, I am sure you can cancel and have your deposit back or a credit for a future stay. Maybe Sir Showerhead could pop over and explain your predicament. If all works out I am sure there will be plenty of room for you and Carole at the last minute.
Also I and other Woosies will help you to pitch up as you poor the beers :p :p
I will email you separately on all the issues. Best wishes mate.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Steve,

Some things obviously take priority over others, most important thing is that your health issue is dealt with first.

Hope the treatment and recovery goes great for you, still hope to see you and Carole on the day.

Best wishes to you both.

P.S. if Elm Cottage don't treat you right, I for one will give them pelters ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts