Woosie Club

Page 277 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
Pelters ?

A cunning Scottish thing, consisting of haggis and whisky. While the victims are enjoying their Pelters, the canny Scots lift their kilts and thereby inflict mind numbing trauma.

Or I could be making that up, based on stereotypes and Carry On films. :whistle:
Mel

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the good wishes and support guys.
I'm not worried about the possibility of losing the deposit because it was only a small amount anyway.
If the site could have let our pitch while we've had it booked they deserve recompense, but you never know what will crop up on life's journey.
I'm hoping that the operation will be done soon after the 28th, with a couple of days taking things easy then back to normal, fingers crossed :)

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Mel said:
Gabsgrandad said:
Pelters ?

A cunning Scottish thing, consisting of haggis and whisky. While the victims are enjoying their Pelters, the canny Scots lift their kilts and thereby inflict mind numbing trauma.

Or I could be making that up, based on stereotypes and Carry On films. :whistle:
Mel

:lol:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks again for the supportive messages.
My other half contacted the site this morning, she said that they are very nice people to deal with and if I can re-book anytime within the next 3 months my deposit can still be used, which is very good of them. :)

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Yep, good luck Parksy with the op. Looks like thee and me will have to have our own min i woosiefest somewhere. Know any good pubs?

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
That's a fair response from Elm Cottage Parksy, good to hear it.

If you get the op scheduled for early September then I am hopeful we will see you at the Fest, will you be needing a post op tonic?

This stuff has a reputation.

Tonic.jpg

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Cheers Thingy
I know plenty of good pubs here where I live, but the idea is to get away in the caravan to find some different ones :cheer:
Anseo, having visited Glasgow in my lorry driving days I'm no stranger to the medicinal properties of some of the local beverages :evil:

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Anseo said:

If you get the op scheduled for early September then I am hopeful we will see you at the Fest, will you be needing a post op tonic?

Tonic.jpg
John
I can tell you Sir Gaga Kev has donated a bottle for the new Monarch’s toast! :cheer: I shall also bring something special

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Parksy said:
Thanks for the good wishes and support guys.
I'm not worried about the possibility of losing the deposit because it was only a small amount anyway.
If the site could have let our pitch while we've had it booked they deserve recompense, but you never know what will crop up on life's journey.
I'm hoping that the operation will be done soon after the 28th, with a couple of days taking things easy then back to normal, fingers crossed :)

Hope you get back to full health quickly Parksy, good luck,

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Anseo said:

Tonic.jpg
John
I can tell you Sir Gaga Kev has donated a bottle for the new Monarch’s toast! :cheer: I shall also bring something special

ENJOY!!
Wish I could be there to help you drink it :(
But have managed to get away this Thursday for 5 nights (yes FIVE nights!!)
Bet you cant guess the weather Forecast for Friday onwards!!!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Kev, I bet its going to be Raining within 30 miles of wherever you are.

Parksy, I know all about timing for operations, just relax back and take things easy after your op.
Take care mate.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I will be unless they put me the wrong way round on the trolley :dry:
Actually I'm very glad that the operation isn't on anywhere embarrassing because my daughter il law is a theatre nurse at the hospital where the thyroidectomy is being done :unsure:

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Parksy said:
Actually I'm very glad that the operation isn't on anywhere embarrassing because my daughter il law is a theatre nurse at the hospital where the thyroidectomy is being done :unsure:
Don’t forget to shave before the op! :p :whistle:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Parksy said:
Don’t forget to shave before the op! :p :whistle:

I'm keeping my moustache :p

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
Got the weather sorted for Southern Hampshire / Dorset for the next 9 days so off on a couple of off grid rallies :cheer:

........one in a huge country park near Southampton.
........one on a large school playing field in central Bournemouth for their 4 day free air show.

Enjoy yourselves in the sunshine Bill, as tradition we had rain Friday pm, Saturday evening and Thunder and lightening with torrential downpours on Monday, :(
Where did we stay ......PIdley :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Gagakev said:
........as tradition we had rain Friday pm, Saturday evening and Thunder and lightening with torrential downpours on Monday, :(
Where did we stay ......PIdley :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pidley :lol: .........that is asking for trouble.
I'm sure a good time was had by all :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts