Woosie Club

Page 30 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
See the e-mail from Poston Mill.
Sat dishes are ok to use!

Hi Mr Dustydog
Jen is off on hols at the moment, the answer to your question is yes you may use satellite within the confines of your pitch space, but we can offer no guarantees, some work some don’t.
We look forward to meeting you
Julie

Take a look at our new video – click here!
Don’t forget to turn the sound up to learn more

Peterchurch, Hereford
HR2 0SF
) 01981 550 225
* info@postonmill.co.uk
: www.postonmillholidays.co.uk

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Shall I stop reading User Manuals/Conditions/etc???
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
I'm easy either way re satellite dishes. I've tried mine once, but have always been able to get a good picture with a normal TV aerial, or plug into a bollard (as at CC Troutbeck Head).
Being a Woosie I have trouble setting up a dish (cue - open floodgate for everybody who finds it easy!!).
hi, Sir WC, it is easy this is what you do!!
first get app for the phone that shows all the satellites.
Look for a area that has no trees "doesn't matter where it is,
point the phone at the sky, select a suitble looking one.
take a reading on the angle and inclination of the satellite
set the dish using a compass and a level.
go inside and enjoy 1000 channels in foreign languages OR

hrs and hrs of static with the odd word comming through.

I have done this on several occasions quite successfully, because like most woosies I cannot bide to read the instrutions first
smiley-cool.gif

enjoy the barbie, and leave the dish at home as your only going for a long weekend, in order to set the dish up properly will take most of a week.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
colin-yorkshire said:
hi, Sir WC, it is easy this is what you do!!
first get app for the phone that shows all the satellites.
Hi Sir Chunky
What's an app? Is it short for an Apple PC? My phone only does audio and text, can't afford one of these new modern things. What's wrong with plugging a cable into a bollard?
smiley-undecided.gif
Much easier for a Woosie.

PS My daughter's looking over my shoulder and says if you've got a phone that does apps then stuff the satellite dish and watch the phone instead.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Ref Poston Millfalot;
Rang yesterday to change my dates from original booking Fri to Mon (nights) to Thurs - Sun.
Now bear in mind I have written confirmation or so I thought
smiley-undecided.gif

There reply;
Mr Woosieman you have already booked from Thurs to Sun so I grabbed the confirmation to check the dates, apologized for wasting there time and put the phone down sheepisly
smiley-embarassed.gif

So I really do deserve my WOOSIE membership!!!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Ref Poston Millfalot;
Rang yesterday to change my dates from original booking Fri to Mon (nights) to Thurs - Sun.
Now bear in mind I have written confirmation or so I thought
smiley-undecided.gif

There reply;
Mr Woosieman you have already booked from Thurs to Sun so I grabbed the confirmation to check the dates, apologized for wasting there time and put the phone down sheepisly
smiley-embarassed.gif

So I really do deserve my WOOSIE membership!!!
King Plonkus comes to mind. What a Woosie Kev
smiley-laughing.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Watching the Clock
smiley-smile.gif

Bit of advice please, when planning route from South West all route planners take me accross the Severn Bridge and up the A449 and the A40 has any one any knowledge of these roads? Or do I continue up to Gloucester on the M5 and take the A40 and A49 which will only add about 20 mins to the journey.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Is your planner taking you via Abergavenny or Monmouth? The A449 (from the M4) then A40 is good dual-carriageway, with motorway-type junctions, to both places. From either place you are then on traditional 'curvy' A roads (best not to get stuck behind a tractor or combine harvester 'cos not may places to overtake)
smiley-tongue-out.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
Is your planner taking you via Abergavenny or Monmouth? The A449 (from the M4) then A40 is good dual-carriageway, with motorway-type junctions, to both places. From either place you are then on traditional 'curvy' A roads (best not to get stuck behind a tractor or combine harvester 'cos not may places to overtake)
smiley-tongue-out.gif
Hi Sir WC using the AA route planner it's taking me via Monmouth so on your reply it does'nt look that bad, thanks for your reply
see ya soon
smiley-smile.gif

Ps How much is the toll and is it both ways?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Kev
I'd go the Monmouth route from the SW. By all means go up the M5 to Gloucester, that's where I pick up the road, but imo you'll gain nothing

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Thanks King Dusty, will do the Monmouth route, start in England enter Wales and end up back in England, weird.
This will be only the second time we have travelled so far, allowing 4 hours with stop on way
Am I becoming a REAL caravanner?
smiley-smile.gif

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
OH has ordered two 10 pint "casks " of ale which we will station in our awning for general "help yourself" consumption. Bring your own drinking vessel. So at the end of your long tow, there will be refreshment.
mel

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Mel said:
OH has ordered two 10 pint "casks " of ale which we will station in our awning for general "help yourself" consumption. Bring your own drinking vessel. So at the end of your long tow, there will be refreshment.
mel
That's wonderful Mel. Please thank Roger.
Now is it me or Parksy who qualifies as the Woosie Ale Taster
smiley-innocent.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying to lose some weight DD so I think that I will defer to you seeing as how you are about to pass on the mantle of Woosie King.
Sorry that I'm not on here much at present, my computer is seriously playing up and it looks as though it will have to go in for major repairs when I'm back from the Woosie meet.
smiley-frown.gif

The computer switches itself off at random and then won't reboot for some hours, my son reckons that the CPU might need replacing
smiley-undecided.gif

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Parksy my boy

You know full well I and Sir Mucky Pup have been going to the fat club all this year to shed those vital pounds . However when it comes to a Woosie meet up we can let our bellies down and indulge!!
smiley-laughing.gif

Don't let us hold you back
smiley-kiss.gif

Nexyt week we are taking a break from Sir Kopite's Lady's Club and going for gold at the Jacobs Table.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
A while ago other halves were invited to become members of the Woosie Round Table, but at the time my OH declined. I have now persuaded her that she should be a member before attending the Woosie Meet.
I therefore propose her as Lady Squirrel, so would any Woosie be kind enough to second her, please?
smiley-wink.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts