Woosie Club

Page 67 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
17 Woosies and spouses have safely arrived at Rivendale in the Peak District.
Brrrrrr it's getting chilly but 16 amp EHU is keeping our Woosie Wagons warm.
There is plenty of fun and Woosie celebrations planned.
Even Lord Hezza will pay to come to our party Saturday night!!

Tonight it is rumoured the Aleman's bar may open.
Our Royal Woosieness is preparing for his final days as King
Who will be hiis heir apparent??
WATCH THIS SPACE

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
colin-yorkshire said:
Dustydog said:
Unless you get a sat signal you can't watch your recorded programmes. I don't understand that.
hi DD, it's because the EPG comes from the sattelitte signal, no EPG no planner, no planner no access to the box hard drive, so no recordings, simples,
ps hope you all have a great time at the woosiefest and have a safe journey, going to work now
smiley-cry.gif
Hi Colin
You are well ahead of us Woosies.
What exa tly is an EPG?
Can we beat it?
Shame you aren't here at Rivendale to tell us. Were your ears burning?
We had you down as the electronics expert over our beers tonight.

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
hi Woosies,
thanks for the thought!! have an extra one for me tonite
smiley-laughing.gif
but I'm hardly an expert, as Sir Gab said EPG stands for electronic program guide, its beamed down as part of the signal from the satellite, the box needs this to configure the progams and of course the planner where the recorded progams are stored so no signal no,EPG, and therefore no planner,
it's a bit like the old analogue TV remember the the jazzy line at the top and btm of the screen you could see sometimes this was the ceefax signal and broadcast along with the station in real time, if you had a ceefax set you could decode the lines in the form of a text.
the EPG is similar and beamed down in real time along with the signal and updates the box as you use it, hope you all understand a little clearer now.
ps, free to air is different and does not have a EPG but can be tuned into astra although not through a sky box best results for these are Eutelstat or Galaxy. CHEERS.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
I feel humble that I have been inauguarated as your King for the next 12 months.
smiley-laughing.gif
Thank you everybody for a great evening last night here at Rivendale. It's nice to meet up with all again, and meet the new members of the Woosie Round Table. As most are returning home tomorrow, I wish you all a safe journey.
smiley-wink.gif

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
I feel humble that I have been inauguarated as your King for the next 12 months.
smiley-laughing.gif
Thank you everybody for a great evening last night here at Rivendale. It's nice to meet up with all again, and meet the new members of the Woosie Round Table. As most are returning home tomorrow, I wish you all a safe journey.
smiley-wink.gif
Congratulations your Royal Wossieness.
May the reign of King WC be a flushing success

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
What a wonderful Woosie fest. I suspect we the first ones home after a gruelling 20 minute tow.
smiley-wink.gif
. It was lovely to see everyone again. Shame it was quite so rainy. Awning drying out at home.
Hey sprocket. After we got home we took our son back home to Sheffield and passed you on the M1, just by J30. Waved frantically but it was raining quite hard and you were concentrating on towing.
Have fun all you Wooses at the NEC.
Where are we going next year?
mel

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Mel said:
What a wonderful Woosie fest. I suspect we the first ones home after a gruelling 20 minute tow.
smiley-wink.gif
. It was lovely to see everyone again. Shame it was quite so rainy. Awning drying out at home.
Hey sprocket. After we got home we took our son back home to Sheffield and passed you on the M1, just by J30. Waved frantically but it was raining quite hard and you were concentrating on towing.
Have fun all you Wooses at the NEC.
Where are we going next year?
mel

Hi Mel
Yes we saw you just as you passed us waving frantically, it was horrendous with all of the spray from the wagons due to the deluge of heavy rain, more so when we had to drive on the hard shoulder through the road works further up the M1......
Got home & it stopped long enough to get the van back into the garden before it started again......

Due to the inclement weather & the slope of the pitch I had to use my Woosie electric frying pan in the van rather than in the awning to make breakfast for Me & Mrs Sproket........
Ah ! well a pack of bacon fit's in nicely
smiley-surprised.gif

650363b5-2a22-4e8d-85ac-f563c0084fa7_zps774ee9b8.jpg

Then you add two eggs one each of course
smiley-wink.gif

IMG-20131012-00653_zpsbbd674ca.jpg

Oh ! & a tin of beans
smiley-laughing.gif

IMG-20131012-00654_zps53881f7f.jpg

Or a tin of tomatoes
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

IMG-20131011-00649_zpseada817b.jpg

Remember to put the lid on while you butter the bread
smiley-tongue-out.gif

IMG-20131012-00655_zps1d35c86f.jpg

smiley-cool.gif

What a wonderfull Woosiefest we have had..........

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Look this is not on! Not only did I have to endure the aroma of bacon wafting about the site by some inconsiderate person, whilst I was packing up yesterday, but this morning that person owns up and 'rubs' it in further by displaying who was responsible. It's just not right, come on Parksy get the edit button going get rid of the temptation (Is it Spam?) Restore some fairness to us dieting Woosies.
PS. Thanks to all the Woosies at Rivendale, although the weather was "spiteful" the company was great, and the spread we did for ourselves Sat. night was fantastic, (it's amazing what comes out of caravans) thanks to the management for allowing us to use the room (It would have been a disaster without it) As Mel says get the next 'un sorted. We can probably get better weather next time, now that King Kev's 'rain' has ended!
Again thanks to the Woosies.

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
So glad you all had a great time despite the awful weather - it was awful here, too.
Congratulations on acceding to the Woosie throne Your Majesty Woodlands Camper, may it be a successful year for you!
Off to the NEC on Sat, then no more touring till Easter
smiley-frown.gif
mores the pity, as OH has no more holiday left, and still ahs to refit our home bathroom!
Hope to see you folks at the rally, when we know where it is!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I just can't bring myself to get rid of Sprockets breakfast photos Gabsgrandad, I only ever have a cooked breakfast myself when we're away in the caravan so I've got to leave Sprockets photos on to remind myself what bacon looks like until our next trip in the caravan, whenever that will be
smiley-smile.gif

We had a great time at Rivendale with the Woosies, congratulations to King WC and well done to Sir Gagakev who organised the meet and negotiated a reduced price and Sir Dustydog for using his irresistible charm and persuasion on the young lady (Vicky?) who runs Rivendale Caravan Park who went out of their way to accommodate us, and who allowed us to use their lovely warm room for the Woosie Party.
Sir Dusty was also our m/c and quiz master for the evening, the food was superb and the Woosie Fest weekend was a great success in spite of occasional heavy showers.
We really enjoyed renewing our acquaintance with the Woosies and I'm delighted and proud to have been made an Honorary Lifetime Member of the Woosie Club, possibly because I used the naughty step elsan point with it's attendant walk of shame to reception to borrow the manhole lifting keys because I still had the blue toilet chemical inside the toilet cassette and Rivendale Caravan Park has an eco friendly waste system
smiley-embarassed.gif

296868c7-405c-4f93-a8c6-b7a10cb4b729_zpsf6a39e4a.jpg

King WC in his first act as King of the Woosies cut the cake with his sword.
P1040008_zps5fbdf696.jpg

The Kings Banner presented to King WC by ex King Dustydog and ex King Gagakev, surely as ex Kings they ought to be Woosie Dukes?
We will look forward to the next Woosie Fest when hopefully those friends who were unable to make it this time will be able to join us, and in the meantime we hope to be at next years Practical Caravan Rally which as far as I'm aware will be in May at Stowford, if I hear of any changes of course I'll keep everyone posted.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi fellow Woosies, Humble SIR Gagakev reporting.
Left the Woosiefest on Monday and went to Kingsbury, our first part of an nightmare journey and what with coming home today
we thought we were driving across the English channel, torrential rain and side winds, travelling along the inside lane between 40 and 45mph got to admit (but not at the time to OH) I nearly crapped me pants, then the sat nav started playing up and went into the red and I was doing 115mph!!! thankfully the signal was lost and it reset it self.

Anyway must congratulate the new King WC and say I kept the seat warm for you
smiley-laughing.gif

Many thanks to all who attended and just to say we had a great time, great friends, great beer and great food
smiley-cool.gif

The food was outstanding
IMG_1537_zpsa5b8f96c.jpg

And at the other end the famous Chilli and BBQ Ribs
IMG_1527_zps55b3d940.jpg

With the cake in the middle
IMG_1536_zpsc834347c.jpg

And the Kings New banner
IMG_1554_zpsf78eab61.jpg

And finally not much left over
IMG_1548_zps9e1a5731.jpg

Not surprised some of Mucky Pups homemade pickled onions are still there,
my OH didnt appreciate the night time aroma's, damm nice onions though
smiley-smile.gif

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
I was soooo honoured to be given several things on Saturday night, but not a particular one
smiley-yell.gif
. I liked the crown, sword, and the roll of toilet paper with each sheet labelled 'King of the Throne' but am now having to use the paper to blow my nose on, as I was also given a heavy stinking cold.
smiley-cry.gif
After a 3-day germination period it broke out with vengance on Tues and I still have it. Can I have a Royal Nurse please?

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
I was soooo honoured to be given several things on Saturday night, but not a particular one
smiley-yell.gif
. I liked the crown, sword, and the roll of toilet paper with each sheet labelled 'King of the Throne' but am now having to use the paper to blow my nose on, as I was also given a heavy stinking cold.
smiley-cry.gif
After a 3-day germination period it broke out with vengance on Tues and I still have it. Can I have a Royal Nurse please?
On the way King WC
yhst-39560371480371_2272_355599788

Get well soon

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi all......just returned home today.

Left Rivendale on Wednesday morning in fog and our corner where we were all pitched looked very empty.
Nice to meet you all......we had a great time and a big thank you to Kevin and Alan for brilliant organisation.
Congratulations to King WC .....get well soon.
We had a day at the NEC caravan show yesterday ....... and no I did not trade in the Swift
smiley-wink.gif

....a few more pics.
P1040251_zps010d8367.jpg

P1040250_zps5356757b.jpg

Ashbourne old railway tunnel...now for walkers and cyclists.

P1040248_zpsf6361f63.jpg

A moody Carsington Water from the perimeter cycle path
P1040268_zpsfa9fac94.jpg

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hope you are able to make it Martin. Also hope your health is better. We are waiting with bated Woosie breath for our new King to suggest a venue.
mel

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Martin24 said:
Glad you all had a lovely time, who knows next year we may make it along!
Hey Sir Outnumbered there was a small discussion at the meet that a few of us will be going to next years PCv Rally weather it be Stowford (you love Devon
smiley-wink.gif
) or somewhere else. Perhaps all things permitting you might be able to meet the mad bunch then.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts