Woosie Club

Page 69 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
Dustydog said:
What happens between 5.30am and 6.00am
smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-wink.gif
smiley-kiss.gif
Listen to the radio whilst my body catches up with my brain

Dustydog said:
I guess with all this spare time you working hard on the next Woosie Fest
smiley-cool.gif
Cirencester??????????

Mmm a bit close to home. I like the engine to get warmed up a bit.
smiley-laughing.gif

And as usual Your Royal Woosieness the 1700th post.
smiley-cool.gif

I've heard of counting sheep but counting posts to get to sleep probably explains why you wake up too early.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi DD. I'm looking at the Cirencester CC site for the new year as it is not too far from my brother for visiting purposes. Any words of wisdom?
mel

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Mel said:
Hi DD. I'm looking at the Cirencester CC site for the new year as it is not too far from my brother for visiting purposes. Any words of wisdom?
mel
It is a nice site and apparently you can walk into the town although we never did when we visited.

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi Mel
DD is away until tommorow. Cirencester is a nice site and is indeed a short walk to town.
Plenty of shops, pubs and places to eat in town. Best of all it's just a stones throw for me and Dusty to meet up with you both for a glass or 2.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
From the Rally Forum:
Gagakev said:
Hey Ladies there was talk at the Woosiefest in Rivendale about trying to secure a block booking for us Woosie's so we could all be together, that way the signs and banners wont be all over the site
smiley-smile.gif
if interested perhaps you could start a list for interested knights and knightettes on the Woosie thread and King WC could try his best and organise it.(may have to bribe them with a few goats)
smiley-smile.gif
OK, I've taken the hint, if the PC Rally is at Stowford next year (May?) which Woosies are likely to go?
So far we have:

Dame Crazyguider plus family
King WC & Lady Squirrel

Anymore?

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
We've only been once, 2 years ago, but walking around the site I remember there was a relatively flat field to the south which the site map labels as 'Outer Front Meadow Rally Field'. This field may have had hookups around the perimeter, and the satelitte view shows 2 rows of something across the middle. The rally field appears to be quite close to where the PCv marquee normally is.
I'll ring and ask.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
If it is Stowford and early May Bank Hol, it is a bit far for us for a weekend. Can't do any longer on that weekend at the moment. We are a Probably Not. 2 hours further north and it may be a proposition.
mel

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Re: Cirencester. Thank you Sir Mucky pup and Surfer for your replies. May well be a plan. Waiting for brother to confirm his plans. You will be welcome for a drink
mel

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
From the Rally Forum:
Gagakev said:
Hey Ladies there was talk at the Woosiefest in Rivendale about trying to secure a block booking for us Woosie's so we could all be together, that way the signs and banners wont be all over the site
smiley-smile.gif
if interested perhaps you could start a list for interested knights and knightettes on the Woosie thread and King WC could try his best and organise it.(may have to bribe them with a few goats)
smiley-smile.gif
OK, I've taken the hint, if the PC Rally is at Stowford next year (May?) which Woosies are likely to go?
So far we have:

King WC & Lady Squirrel

Anymore?
If the PCv Rally is at Stowford on the first May Bank Holiday there's every chance that we will be going.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
We've only been once, 2 years ago, but walking around the site I remember there was a relatively flat field to the south which the site map labels as 'Outer Front Meadow Rally Field'. This field may have had hookups around the perimeter, and the satelitte view shows 2 rows of something across the middle. The rally field appears to be quite close to where the PCv marquee normally is.
I'll ring and ask.
There are no facility's out in the rally field and one good march to the nearest ones in the yellow field.
Could be quite un-comfortable if you get caught short on the way. (Nigel D did moan it was a fair treck)
And to give consideration to our Honoury member the Lightpole Man suggest also try and get him nearer
to the bar
smiley-smile.gif
and the facility's (elsan point)
You coud try and secure the pitches in the yellow field along the top hedgerow, believe they are from Number 300 upwards.

We will put our names on your list.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
I have contacted Stowford -
Yes, they will be hosting the PCv Rally in May 2014 (1st bank holiday)
No, they will not reserve a block of pitches without full payment being made at time of booking.

They are 2 ways to ensure 'block' booking such that persons are reasonably close together:
1. post all applications in the same envelope, together with cheques for full remittance
2. all ring in on a pre-defined date within a few hours of each other.

Not sure if the costs are to be published yet, so if Woosies want to know then ask Parksy kindly for my email address and I can reply to you.

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
reply from my email to Stowford:
'Yes, we will be having the Practical Caravan Rally again on the 2nd, 3rd & 4th May'
We will be there along with the (rug rats) kids (11 and 14!), and would love to be with the Woosies. We like field 5 as it drains well and has really lovely facilities, and you also have less noise from events.
Really hoping there will be a barn dance again - far and away better then a disco!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I and Lady Villa are up for it
smiley-kiss.gif

Last time most of us were pitched in deep mud. I had to use the mover and wooden boards to get up the muddy bank onto the roadway. There was absolutely no room for the car to get hitched up. I suspect even with muy mud plugging tyres I would have got stuck.

From memory the best pitches for ease of use are 366 - 372 , 417 ,418, 427 -443 hedge side.

They are all against the hedge, at the highest driest point of the field and closest to the Ale Facilities for the Lightpole Man
smiley-laughing.gif
Now, if His Royal Woosieness could swing some of those pitches we'll be quids in.
I for one am happy to send a cheque payable to Stowford via King WC who could try and do an en masse booking. He'll wear his crown out doing all the work but then being King does have its benefits
smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-cool.gif
smiley-kiss.gif
Our Life Honorary Member aka The Lightpole Man has my ok to send King WC my e-mail address.
Let me know how much and to whom the cheque should be payable.

Lady Mel
If you are going to Cirencester in the New Year let me know and we can show you and Roger some Cotswold Delights.

Di3

Jul 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi
Good Idea DD alternatively one of us could ring and do block booking for the three nights (anyone wanting to stay longer could call after to sort additional info), I have previously booked 6 units in one go, athough they book each pitch under the correct name and address then sent me a confirmation email for each pitch so that I could send everyone their booking info, so we could do this takes a bit of organising up front getting names and addresses but would be doable, and am happy to organise.
Di

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Deli Dave_ said:
we would be interested in going .Out of interest did anyone get a decent phone signal we couldnt on Orange
We are on 02 and only got a signal in certain area's------pure bliss
smiley-smile.gif

Couldnt get one on the pitch, happy days.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
And you thought retirement was going to be a breeze
smiley-wink.gif
So far we have:

King WC & Lady Squirrel
Lady Di Di + Sir Walkalot
Sir Lightpole man + Lady Carol
Sir Gagakev + LadyGaga + 2
Sir Gab (WC) + Lady Gab
Sir DustyDog + Lady VIlla
Sir Deli Dave + Lady Linda
Lady Mel + Sir Aleman?????

Lady Di DI's idea seems a good bet
Parksy can you give King WC my email please

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Di said:
Good Idea DD alternatively one of us could ring and do block booking for the three nights (anyone wanting to stay longer could call after to sort additional info), I have previously booked 6 units in one go, athough they book each pitch under the correct name and address then sent me a confirmation email for each pitch so that I could send everyone their booking info, so we could do this takes a bit of organising up front getting names and addresses but would be doable, and am happy to organise.
Di
When you booked 6 units did they require payment in full for the 3 nights, as they are requesting now? If so we are talking about £500, hence option 1 in my earlier post. You said you would still need to get names and addresses, option 1 already captures this information and will obtain payment from each person for their full stay duration, which saves the inconvenience of adding other nights afterwards.
As your 'leader' I was already prepared to coordinate this as part of my role.
smiley-smile.gif

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Gagakev said:
So far we have:
King WC & Lady Squirrel
Lady Di Di + Sir Walkalot
Sir Lightpole man + Lady Carol
Sir Gagakev + LadyGaga + 2
Sir Gab (WC) + Lady Gab
Sir DustyDog + Lady VIlla
Sir Deli Dave + Lady Linda
Lady Mel + Sir Aleman?????

Unfortunately Lady Mel has said she will not be able to make it (too far for a weekend)
smiley-cry.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts