Woosie Club

Page 68 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Many congratulations my liege. Time to kit out the shed so that you can look busy and hide at the same time.
mel

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
Half a day to go then I put my feet up
smiley-smile.gif
smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-cool.gif

Good luck with your new found freedom
smiley-wink.gif

Just calculated mine & it came in at 4053 days
smiley-cry.gif
or another 11.1 years
smiley-surprised.gif

Di3

Jul 20, 2008
Visit site
Good Evening All

Glad you all had a great time at Riverndale, just sorry we had to miss it, Good New's I have my laptop back at last!! and things are a begining to settle down. Andys doing well and Bramble getting bigger!!
Notice you mentioned PC Rally next hyear and all being well we will be going and if it's a Stowford or in that area, really missed our time away in the van this year.
Speak soon

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Di said:
Good Evening All
Glad you all had a great time at Riverndale, just sorry we had to miss it, Good New's I have my laptop back at last!! and things are a begining to settle down. Andys doing well and Bramble getting bigger!!
Notice you mentioned PC Rally next hyear and all being well we will be going and if it's a Stowford or in that area, really missed our time away in the van this year.
Speak soon

Stowford is always the park of choice for PC Magazine yet we don't think it is that wonderful as everything is on a slope which can be very sloping in some areas and there is no wifi or mobile phone connection. If you have a twin axle, you may will have a problem setting up the caravan depending on the pitch they allocate you.
Last year they allocated us a pitch where you would have difficulty with levelling a single axle never mind a twin axle. Luckily they were able to find us another pitch, but we still had to use extra props under the front legs to level the caravan in addition to the ramps.
However the park is nice and well maintained and the staff are generally helpful and the area itself is fairly pretty except for the rip off charges for parking in the towns. I doubt if we would visit Stowford again, but don't want to say never! The get together makes the weekend.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Di said:
Good Evening All

Speak soon

Hi Di. Lovely to see you posting again. Glad to hear that things are a bit more steady. Are you managing to get out in the van at all?
mel

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Di said:
Good Evening All

Speak soon
Hi Di
This is great news about Andy. Let's hope the good progress continues.
It did cross my mind that perhaps you have been feeding Andy's food to Bramble and that would explain a lot
smiley-laughing.gif
Well you were both missed at Rivendale and mentioned in dispatches so we will love to see you again next year where ever.
Take care and keep posting. I'm off to Chipping Sodbury tomorrow for the annual service.

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Normal service is resumed.Congratulations to King WC and thanks to ex King GaGa Kev for his efforts.Should have rang you for a drink as we were in Trago Mills Newton Abbott on Friday just gone.

Di3

Jul 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi Dusty
Hope all went well with service ours booked in for March (or did you come away with new van?)

You may have something re the food wonder if I feed Brambles to Andy he may put some wight on lol...Kibble pie just does not have the same ring to it!!!

Looking forward to new season and next Woosie meet, saw article in PC re Polborder House, in Cornwall so may try geeting away for week in March.
Love to all
Di

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Deli Dave_ said:
Congratulations to King WC and thanks to ex King GaGa Kev for his efforts.
Thank you Sir Deli Dave for the kind felicitations.
smiley-smile.gif
I will try and follow the good footsteps that both ex King Dusty Dog and ex King Gagakev hath set before me. Hard acts to follow
smiley-wink.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Di said:
Good Evening All

Speak soon

Hi Di nice to see you back in the fold,been away myself for a couple of weeks what with one thing and another, good news about Andy and hope to see you next year some time.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Surfer said:
I doubt if we would visit Stowford again, but don't want to say never! The get together makes the weekend.
Thought you said never in a previous post after you returned from Stowford before
smiley-wink.gif

But you have hit the nail on the head
The get together makes the weekend.
You only have to look back on the write ups both from Poston and rivendale, go on be a devil join us
smiley-smile.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Deli Dave_ said:
Normal service is resumed.Congratulations to King WC and thanks to ex King GaGa Kev for his efforts.Should have rang you for a drink as we were in Trago Mills Newton Abbott on Friday just gone.

Thanks for the Thanks Sir Deli Dave
I was there on Sunday, wanted to get the wife some flying lessons, bought her a witches broom
smiley-laughing.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
Deli Dave_ said:
Congratulations to King WC and thanks to ex King GaGa Kev for his efforts.
Thank you Sir Deli Dave for the kind felicitations.
smiley-smile.gif
I will try and follow the good footsteps that both ex King Dusty Dog and ex King Gagakev hath set before me. Hard acts to follow
smiley-wink.gif
At least you have loads of spare time on your hands now King WC, hows retirement going??
Dont fret King WC both Sir Dusty and I will give you any help you require, ask Parksy for my email if you need it.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Good evening Sire, Lords and Lady Woosies. I do not wish to use the C word; but the Festive season will soon be upon us. Sir Aleman and I are hatching a plan to spend New Year in the van but it dependeth on our Fair daughter having her arm twisteth to look after the young varlet we fostereth. Forsooth.
Anyone else have Festive vanning plans?
mel

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
In part you've beaten me Lady Mel .

MIL, SIL BIL and their entourage of two generations of rug rats are descending upon Cricklade Dog's Home for two of the festive days where I supply all the grub and booze.
smiley-cry.gif

The good news is I and Lady Villa are sleeping in the Wyoming on the drive.
Sheer bliss and16 amp EHU
smiley-cool.gif

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Ah the joys of the caravan on the drive. Exactly what we did last Christmas when the hordes descended. Sir Aleman even put up a little tree in the van.
Bliss and peace and quiet.
mel

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Gagakev said:
At least you have loads of spare time on your hands now King WC, hows retirement going??
Dont fret King WC both Sir Dusty and I will give you any help you require, ask Parksy for my email if you need it.
I'm finding it very difficult NOT to wake up at 05:30am and get out of bed at 6, especially with the extra hour due to clock change to GMT
smiley-cry.gif
smiley-yell.gif

Thank you for the offer of emails, I will ask Parksy if required.
smiley-wink.gif

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
Gagakev said:
I'm finding it very difficult NOT to wake up at 05:30am and get out of bed at 6, especially with the extra hour due to clock change to GMT
smiley-cry.gif
smiley-yell.gif

smiley-wink.gif
What happens between 5.30am and 6.00am
smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-wink.gif
smiley-kiss.gif

I guess with all this spare time you working hard on the next Woosie Fest
smiley-cool.gif

If you want my e-mail please ask Our Honorary Life Member, The Lightpole Man

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Mel said:
Anyone else have Festive vanning plans?
Unfortunately - no
smiley-frown.gif

But taking the van down to Highbridge for a day the week before (19th) for some warranty work to be done
smiley-cry.gif
. Might go to Cheddar Caves whilst we wait, to see if Father C is in a grotto.
smiley-wink.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
smiley-cry.gif
smiley-yell.gif

smiley-wink.gif

King WC ask Lady Squirrel for some hibernation tips, although you may have to repay her in kind with some Nuts
smiley-wink.gif

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Woodlands Camper [/quote said:
smiley-cry.gif
smiley-yell.gif

smiley-wink.gif

Your Highness, you need to stop setting your alarm clock.
smiley-innocent.gif

mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts