Woosie Club

Page 7 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
I have now opened my case and here are a few things that were inside:
White Crab spider - which made me jump
Web of Confusion – help, what am I doing?
Woosie Calendar – showing ‘under the thumb’ house-husband tasks
Weekend Condom – for when I’m allowed
Wet Chamois – that’s mouldy and horrible to look at
Wrinkled Carrot – that looks like something in the toilet cassette
......... and the final thing in the Woosie Case was the
looinabriefcase.jpg
itself (with outward hanging paper end).

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Sir WC
Is that the the new 21st Century Porta Potti with emergency Chinese nrewspaper tucked in the back incase the outside hanging bog roll disappears down a black hole as it unwinds?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
kopite said:
Good evening King DD
I`m likeing the Tshirts in this colour very me as for cost i`ll up the taxes and get the pheasant in my village to pay.
i`ll go with the flow what everyone is happy with is fine with us
I just hope that stowfolot knows what it`s letting itself in for
GOOD evening sirs and ladys
Sir WC kopite and wench
Sir WC Kopite and Wench
I think we must thank our delightful Lady Mel for the Woosie Corporate Colours.
I shall liaise with Sir Gagakev WC Bar and establish where's the best place to source the Knights and Ladies T shirts.
We have a number of excellent designs which will look brilliant at our Pageant at Stowfolot. We'll knock up a short list of designs for all Dame , Ladies and Knights to vote on.
Of course we must remember that our Honourable Editor Monsieur Nigel Donnelly Esquire , yet to be admitted to the Woosie Round Table is our Host and we must invite him to a bog side seat at our festive games.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Di said:
Ladies how about a drawing similar to my profile picture for our Tshirts fairly similar to the knights??
Di

Keep up Lady Di Di
1.gif
go back a page and Sir Jester Sprocket has put a knight on a shirt, see if you like that one if not please tell us what you would do to improve, we have to get it right for all members to be happy.
smiley-smile.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Of course we must remember that our Honourable Editor Monsieur Nigel Donnelly Esquire , yet to be admitted to the Woosie Round Table is our Host and we must invite him to a bog side seat at our festive games.

King DD we must all be aware that the settlement at Stowfolot has already been infiltrated by other members of the commoners community, so by inviting the above mentioned we have to be extra vigilant and not let any of our agendas/policies pass over to the commoners, would suggest they are guarded at all times around the table.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
"When you delete your old avatar, try saving the settings with a blank box, go back on to the forum to have a look at one of your posts, just to check,that it's gone, log out,
& then log back in - go back into your settings & put new avatar in..........
smiley-wink.gif

Thats how i managed to clear the old one out of mine.......
smiley-laughing.gif

Sir Sprocket
Thank you for the advice, but no joy, the cat keeps coming back. I have also tried re-booting the PC and deleting browsing history and cookies. Lisa also had the problem according to one of her postings, but in the end was successful.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Sir WC when I changed my avatar just like you I was losing my rag!
It was on the old forum set up but it may also be the same on this new one.
It can take some time to activate, left the new one on and it didnt appear until the next day, worth a try.
Good luck my fellow knight.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
Sir Sprocket
Thank you for the advice, but no joy, the cat keeps coming back. I have also tried re-booting the PC and deleting browsing history and cookies. Lisa also had the problem according to one of her postings, but in the end was successful.

Sir WC
Where is the avatar getting it's link from ?
Is it linked to your photobucket account ?
If so you could try deleting the photo ......
smiley-undecided.gif

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Sproket said:
Woodlands Camper said:
Sir Sprocket

Sir WC
Where is the avatar getting it's link from ?
Is it linked to your photobucket account ?
If so you could try deleting the photo ......
smiley-undecided.gif
Sir Sprocket
The avatar is in a local folder on my PC and have tried deleting the old one and adding link to new one several times this morning. I will wait overnight to see if the new one appears tomorrow.

Di3

Jul 20, 2008
Visit site
Good Afternoon Sir Gagakev
Humble apologies if i missed the point I like both the design and colour, I Just thought if you kind gents had the knight we ladies could have a lady!! but happy to go with the flow!!
Di

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Di said:
Good Afternoon Sir Gagakev
Humble apologies if i missed the point I like both the design and colour, I Just thought if you kind gents had the knight we ladies could have a lady!! but happy to go with the flow!!
Di

My dear Lady Di Di, if you ladies want to have a lady I really cant see a problem,in fact its quite a good idea, think it was me who mis read your thoughts.
smiley-embarassed.gif

It may well be possible to use your actual avatar, if you are happy to do this and want to send me a copy of the photo just ask Parksy for my email and ask him to read this so he will know it's OK, send it on and we can have a look.

All ideas are welcome the more the merrier. Keep thinking folks

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
I'm having trouble changing my avatar. The old one comes back even after deleting it. Please could somebody point me to the thread which gave the solution?
Thanks
Hi WC, sorry that I didn't see this earlier
smiley-embarassed.gif

I've deleted your old avatar, (I hope, the account edit for such things can be a bit hit and miss unfortunately) remember that the new one can only be 100x75 in order for it to load.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I am posting to confess to an un-woosie act. Even though the thought of driving and towing a caravan terrifies me, I fought my fear and did the towing taster at the Manchester show. OK it was only 15 minutes and I was coached by an advanced driver person, but I was nonetheless petrified on setting out. My fear did settle as time went on. Do you realise that the caravan actually just follows the car
smiley-surprised.gif
. It was a revelation.
I apologise for this act of bravery and for letting down the Woosie club. Can I say that I am still woosing out on towing our van anywhere yet but I might be persuaded into a towing course.
Abject grovellings.
lady mel

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Hiya woosies.
Just another true little story to see if I can test the strength of the stomachs of the genuine woosies amongst us. It’s an old story but never the less – true.
Just to set the scene.
About 30 years ago we were booked in a rally for Easter weekend. A week or two before the rally the rally marshal (wife’s cousin) rang us to ask us if we would co- marshal for him as his regular one had had to withdraw. We hadn’t done any rally marshalling before, and to do one you of your own you had to be an assistant first. So we looked upon this as a good opportunity to serve our apprenticeship. Most things had already been sorted and organised however we did have a short meeting one evening to be told what was going on, and all I needed to take was a spade and a shovel, the purpose of which will become clear.
The date duly arrived and we went the day before to set up. Now it was along tow (about 3miles). The site is in lovely parkland, and we parked among an avenue of trees, plenty of good walks and 2 fishing lakes.
The purpose of the shovel and spade became clear as we had to dig “The Pit” (Loo emptying point, for the uninitiated) this was done in a small area of woodland away from the caravans. The first comment from the marshal was “I always mean to remember where last years was, but I can’t remember again, so if it’s a bit soft stop digging it’s where last years was!” anyway we missed last years. Now when you think that this was to be the sanitary arrangements for 100/120 vans with an average of at least 3 per van, therefore the”pit” needed to be quite large. It was duly dug and fenced on 3 sides. On with the rally. The rally ran from Thursday pm. to Monday pm. So most vans were already emptying the first round by Saturday morning, including himself. Took the loo and the “pit” appeared to behaving quite well with the liquids draining away nicely and ‘solids’ settled to the bottom.
Come Monday most people start packing up. Of course the “pit” is in great demand for the final emptyings before the homeward journeys. When folks gone it’s the marshals turn, so loos and shovels to the pit, only to find it brimful obviously the final deluge had tested the absorbency of the soil and ‘waterlogged” it. It was full to the top with like a green blue lagoon with things sanitary, things sexual, and things, floating. Just enough freeboard to ease ours in. but no how could we possibly start filling it in. We would have been overflowing it and paddling in it! Decision taken to come back and fill it in after work the next day. When it had settled back and we could back fill it. Not a pretty sight but a “job” well done.
See I’m a bit of an imposter Woosie really!
Excuse the length of posting but I hope it sets the scene nicely.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Sir Gab WC that would just not be possible, I could dig the pit no problems but I can not imagine me emptying my own vessel in there with every one elses deposit's, the stench would be enough to make me wrench.
And then fill it in ...... No No No No No

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Mel said:
I am posting to confess to an un-woosie act. Even though the thought of driving and towing a caravan terrifies me, I fought my fear and did the towing taster at the Manchester show. OK it was only 15 minutes and I was coached by an advanced driver person, but I was nonetheless petrified on setting out. My fear did settle as time went on. Do you realise that the caravan actually just follows the car
smiley-surprised.gif
. It was a revelation.
I apologise for this act of bravery and for letting down the Woosie club. Can I say that I am still woosing out on towing our van anywhere yet but I might be persuaded into a towing course.
Abject grovellings.
lady mel

Lady mel, dont worry as you were petrified to start with and are still woosing out there is nothing to be ashamed off.
Just make sure hubby takes clean underwear when you take to the road.
5.gif

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I`ve just heard that there is a new field open at stowfolot no6 i think just in case mel tries some reversing.only joking mel its...... 2 fields
Sir WC kopite...

Di3

Jul 20, 2008
Visit site
Good Evening Sir Gagakev
One of my colleagues is a bit of an artist so she has kindly completed the outline for me/sites/practicalcaravan.com/files/images/Di%20Horse.png
Let me know what you think?
Di

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Di said:
Good Evening Sir Gagakev
One of my colleagues is a bit of an artist so she has kindly completed the outline for me/sites/practicalcaravan.com/files/images/Di%20Horse.png
Let me know what you think?
Di

Lady Di DI
I like it. Nice side saddle and dare I say a Chiffon "see through " skirt. A bit lady Godive maybe mmmmm
smiley-tongue-out.gif
smiley-cool.gif

It gets my vote .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts