Woosie Club

Page 74 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Looking at sites in the Oxford area (gateway to the Cotwolds) I see there is one called Hardwick Parks. The reviews on UK Campsite are reasonably good and prices are not too bad (before we ask for a discount
smiley-wink.gif
). The site has the obligatory bar and food.

One part of the website says no groups of more that 5 units together, with a max of 4 persons per unit, and another says club rallies are OK. We will be having a rally of the Woosie Club so we should be OK.

Anybody been there? Any thoughts?

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
mid September will be good for us. Happy to go anywhere really, oxfordshire, bucks, cotswolds all nice areas. Not been to anything other than a C&CC site (Winchcombe) at the Cotswolds so can't offer experience. If you want an all singing all dancing Premer Park, Lincoln Farm park looks nice but I doubt it is cheap. Barnstones caravan Park looks pleasant, cheaper and close to a pub selling food. (sorry can't post links you'll have to google)
mel

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
Looking at sites in the Oxford area (gateway to the Cotwolds) I see there is one called Hardwick Parks. The reviews on UK Campsite are reasonably good and prices are not too bad (before we ask for a discount
smiley-wink.gif

One part of the website says no groups of more that 5 units together, with a max of 4 persons per unit, and another says club rallies are OK. We will be having a rally of the Woosie Club so we should be OK.

Anybody been there? Any thoughts?
Campsites in a 20 Miles radius of Oxford

Just had a look on google & the oval to the left of this photo is where they do banger racing..
The touring field is just to the right of the marker.......
http://goo.gl/maps/TOQ67
Hardwickparks_zpsfe1de10a.jpg

http://www.standlakearena.co.uk/ Banger Racing ....
I pressume that the caravan park might get busy on race weekends .....

Hardwickpark2_zps80d51f2b.jpg

Hope the shop has some food
Hardwickpark3_zps3596c28e.jpg

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Kev is keen to arrive at dates; The choice of weekends in September seems to be
Thurs 11th/Friday 12th sept or
Thurs25th/Friday 26th Sept
(Our noble king would prefert to avoid the 20th)
I don't mind either date but looks like Deli Dave would be better with the 25th/26th as he could arrive on the 25th but not the 11th
mel

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
We're happy to go with the flow, wherever and whenever
smiley-laughing.gif

We seldom make firm bookings far in advance apart from the PC rally, an annual music festival that we go to over the August Bank Holiday weekend and the Woosie Fest so we'll keep September open.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Mel said:
Kev is keen to arrive at dates; The choice of weekends in September seems to be
Thurs 11th/Friday 12th sept or
Thurs25th/Friday 26th Sept
(Our noble king would prefert to avoid the 20th)
I don't mind either date but looks like Deli Dave would be better with the 25th/26th as he could arrive on the 25th but not the 11th
mel
Wow Lady Mel you must be psychic although either date would be ok we would prefer the Thurs 25th onwards.
Cotswolds would be happy with

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Mel said:
mid September will be good for us. Happy to go anywhere really, oxfordshire, bucks, cotswolds all nice areas. Not been to anything other than a C&CC site (Winchcombe) at the Cotswolds so can't offer experience. If you want an all singing all dancing Premer Park, Lincoln Farm park looks nice but I doubt it is cheap. Barnstones caravan Park looks pleasant, cheaper and close to a pub selling food. (sorry can't post links you'll have to google)
mel
Mel
Is this the place ??
Barnstones caravan Park

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Sproket said:
Mel said:
mel
Mel
Is this the place ??
Barnstones caravan Park
yep, never been there. However not really on the edge of the cotswolds if that is what folks are after.
mel

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Mid / end september find with us.
How about cotswolds or Morton In Marsh if weather looks good?

Fosseway Farm in Moreton in Marsh is very nice and they have a B & B on site where you can have breakfast. The pub and town are within walking distance. They have a shower and toilet facilities on site which are okay. Although it is supposed to be a CS, I know for a fact that they can accommodate at least 10 caravans with EHU, maybe more, but you will need to book early.

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Although Sept is out for us - school hols etc, we stayed at greenhill Leisure Park near Blenheim. They have a small rally field and large barn that rallyers can use, plus a games room in the next barn. There's a shop on site. too. Close to a village with good pubs...
We found it fantastic, even tho the weather was appalling (in July 2012). Gets great reviews from UK campsite.

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Been to Barnstones,there is a village hall that can be hired within walking distance,went on a C&CC rally there on the field.They arranged the hall,its within driving distance if anyone wants me to make enquiries.As Lady Mel says the 25th would be better for us but we can go with the majority

Di3

Jul 20, 2008
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Gagakev said:
Lady Di Di my heart goes out to you, I know exactly what you are going through I lost my Dad on the 6th of December and had his funeral on the 20th, still waiting for the vicar to give us a date for ashes to be placed in our local church, this is partly the reason I havent been on here very often of late.
They say time is a healer Di but we have our treasured memories to get us by in the mean time.
Take care and best wishes.
Kev
Sir Gagakev WC ( 2 BAR )

Very sorry to hear about your dad especially at this time of year. As Parksy said you and Lady Di Di have plenty of friends on here. I think it must be an age thing. We lost Lady Villa's dad two years ago and my dad four years ago.

Anyway as you say time is a healer and I hope you can feel your dad is at peace.
Best wishes from Sir Dustydog and Lady Villa
Kev so sorry to hear things not getting better for you our thoughts an prayers are with you and your family.
I would also like to say thankyou to everyone for their kind messages, thoughts and prayers they have been much appreciated.
Di & Andy

Di3

Jul 20, 2008
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Mid / end september find with us.
How about cotswolds or Morton In Marsh if weather looks good?
Hi All
Sorry will not be able to do mid September as we will be in sunny (Hopefully - now thats but the mockers on it!!) Cornwall we always take first two weeks off as we have no kids and tend to let others have the school holidays, however we come back on the 21st, dependant on where you go we may be able to pop up and see you on the Sunday for the day :)
Still looking forward to Stowfalot though and will be great to catch up with everyone again
Di & Andy

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Surfer said:
Fosseway Farm in Moreton in Marsh is very nice and they have a B & B on site where you can have breakfast. The pub and town are within walking distance. They have a shower and toilet facilities on site which are okay. Although it is supposed to be a CS, I know for a fact that they can accommodate at least 10 caravans with EHU, maybe more, but you will need to book early.
As a CS then wouldn't all stayers need to be C&CC members? We are not, unfortunately.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Deli Dave_ said:
Been to Barnstones,there is a village hall that can be hired within walking distance,went on a C&CC rally there on the field.They arranged the hall,its within driving distance if anyone wants me to make enquiries. As Lady Mel says the 25th would be better for us but we can go with the majority
Yes please Dave, if you could check the cost of the hall as it might be prohibitive for say 20 people. The price of the pitches seems very reasonable at £12-£14, and reviews are generally good.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
So will book from the 25th provissionally

Are we to be tee total this year?
smiley-cry.gif

Most recomendations so far have not got a bar on site?
A crate of Buckfast Tonic wine will take me over my payload. Ha Ha
smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-laughing.gif

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Gagakev said:
smiley-cry.gif

The first one I said about was chosen because it did have a bar for the NON-tea totallers:

Woodlands Camper said:
smiley-wink.gif

Some people must have digressed
smiley-tongue-out.gif

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
Gagakev said:
smiley-cry.gif

The first one I said about was chosen because it did have a bar for the NON-tea totallers:

Woodlands Camper said:
smiley-wink.gif

Some people must have digressed
smiley-tongue-out.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts