Woosie Club

Page 75 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Woodlands Camper said:
What are you trying to say Sir DD??
smiley-surprised.gif

Bu**er my c9mputer has been invaded by a bug. O n the phone now.

Your Highness.
Let's look at Hardwiick again. Looks very good to me

Here I go again!! Negative remarks!!
been there wore the T Shirt
We went there mid Sept and the site was fairly empty arrived on a thurs and bar was open for 2 hours, then closed for the other 4 nights we stayed there, mind you it was the best braised beef meal I have ever tasted!
Nearest Pub we found was about 2-3 miles up road.
We were on a pitch over looking the lake but couldnt see it as they had a shanty town of permenent/seasonal tourers there, not a problem but I wouldnt have taken any of them on the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I swear one chap on his own in a battered out old van had a pair of binoculars and feel he wasnt looking at the lakes!!!
The pitches next to the drive on the way in had quite a few workers vans on, they were not a problem and didnt disturb us.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Kev
Thanks for the reminder. Ok Hardwick is a no go.
I'm sure uz Woosies can come up with a nother gem. Same place again so soon? Surely we can come up witb something?

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
Deli Dave_ said:
Been to Barnstones,there is a village hall that can be hired within walking distance,went on a C&CC rally there on the field.They arranged the hall,its within driving distance if anyone wants me to make enquiries. As Lady Mel says the 25th would be better for us but we can go with the majority
Yes please Dave, if you could check the cost of the hall as it might be prohibitive for say 20 people. The price of the pitches seems very reasonable at £12-£14, and reviews are generally good.

Will do,there is also a rally field outside that has a tarmaced road so we could possibly all be grouped without a problem.I cant see the rent being a lot as the rally was normal price and it was included in the price,also what we save on the copious amounts of drink could be offset lol

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Deli Dave_ said:
Woodlands Camper said:
Deli Dave_ said:
Been to Barnstones,there is a village hall that can be hired within walking distance,went on a C&CC rally there on the field.They arranged the hall,its within driving distance if anyone wants me to make enquiries. As Lady Mel says the 25th would be better for us but we can go with the majority
Yes please Dave, if you could check the cost of the hall as it might be prohibitive for say 20 people. The price of the pitches seems very reasonable at £12-£14, and reviews are generally good.

Will do,there is also a rally field outside that has a tarmaced road so we could possibly all be grouped without a problem.I cant see the rent being a lot as the rally was normal price and it was included in the price,also what we save on the copious amounts of drink could be offset lol

The Bourtons Village Hall Hire Rates

Per Hour
Half Day
Day
Commercial

Bourtons Residents
£5:00
£20:00
£40:00
£150:00

Non Residents
£10:00
£40:00
£75:00
£150:00
Notes on Hire
  1. Half day rate is for 4 hours or evening.
  2. Commercial lettings are for full day only.
  3. A deposit (returnable upon the premises being left in good condition) of £35:00 is required.
  4. Charges include heating and use of furniture, crockery etc.
  5. The oven is only provided for the hot storage of pre-prepared food.
  6. Charges apply from the time of entering the Hall to the time it is re-locked.
Click for further info

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
Surfer said:
Fosseway Farm in Moreton in Marsh is very nice and they have a B & B on site where you can have breakfast. The pub and town are within walking distance. They have a shower and toilet facilities on site which are okay. Although it is supposed to be a CS, I know for a fact that they can accommodate at least 10 caravans with EHU, maybe more, but you will need to book early.
As a CS then wouldn't all stayers need to be C&CC members? We are not, unfortunately.
No longer a CS although it does have an affliation with the C & CC. We use it and are not members of the C & CC. It is nice and central. Comberton is also very nice and there is a bar you can use. Sadly no toilet amenities so you need to use your own.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
......my suggestion would be Bo Peep if you are looking for a site in the general vicinity proposed so far.
Unfortunately they do not have a bar or meeting room but there are nice pubs in the village od Adderbury about 1 mile away.
I will go with whatever is decided.

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
The good news is that the hall is around £22 for 6p.m. to 10.pm ish.

The bad news is the only space is 29/31 August.They are pretty well booked for 2015 and taking bookings for 2016 now.Lots of clubs come back each year.If we want the August one we would have to share with a small rally of 8 vans but it is a large field,Parksy may well have been there too.
Personally August is out for us as we go to Twinwoods Glenn Miller Festival

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Sproket said:
Anyone been here the pub is just outside the site gate.
Sounds like a bit of a gem of a site ?

Help me Sir Sprocket, the post code on google maps take's me to a static caravan park (Bromdon Caravan park)
Found the pub
smiley-smile.gif

It does look a gem of a site though.
Maybe a tad expensive for some @ £25.00 for two people per night, but then this is where
King WC could work his charm
smiley-wink.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Deli Dave_ said:
The good news is that the hall is around £22 for 6p.m. to 10.pm ish.

The bad news is the only space is 29/31 August.They are pretty well booked for 2015 and taking bookings for 2016 now.Lots of clubs come back each year.If we want the August one we would have to share with a small rally of 8 vans but it is a large field,Parksy may well have been there too.
Personally August is out for us as we go to Twinwoods Glenn Miller Festival

August not for us but thanks for trying Sir Deli Dave

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Sproket said:

Help me Sir Sprocket, the post code on google maps take's me to a static caravan park (Bromdon Caravan park)
Found the pub
smiley-smile.gif

Maybe a tad expensive for some @ £25.00 for two people per night, but then this is where
smiley-wink.gif

Have a look here , on the link & then drag the little yellow man towards the centre of the frame, in the middle of the two tracks a blue square will appear hover him above it, thats the site wobbling distance from the pub door......
The other site that the post code takes you to is a few miles away...
Taken from there web site ...
We are located directly on the B4364, approximately 40 yards from the Three Horseshoes Country Inn.
Your Sat-Nav may direct you to turn off the B4364, please ignore this and you will see our well signposted entrance directly on the main road

In the distance you can see the pub chimney
smiley-laughing.gif
( taken from google maps )
smiley-wink.gif

pubchimney_zps754eca21.jpg

Di3

Jul 20, 2008
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Dustydog said:
25th September onwards is fine with us.
We may well do Cornwall early september. Is Cornwall too far for a meet?
Not for me
smiley-wink.gif

But Sir Sproket may have to leave home a week earlier
smiley-smile.gif

Hi DD,
We are staying here
http://www.gwithianfarm.co.uk/
Take a look at the gallery you may notice a young man!!!
4 miles of dog friendly beach, top of the site, over the dunes and your one the beach, plus pub across the road who do lovely meals
Di

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Sproket said:

Found the pub
smiley-smile.gif

smiley-wink.gif
The pub next door says it has a small party room:
DSCF1197.jpg

Gagkev says "King WC could work his charm". Unfortunately, I don't have the 'gift of the gab', I'm not eloquent with words so perhaps I could delegate to Sir DD to get a discount on the pitch price and get the pub room for free on the usual proviso (we buy drink from them and take our own food).
I like the idea of emptying the throne on the pitch, if you know what I mean
smiley-wink.gif
. Free WiFi as well.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
Gagakev said:
Sproket said:

Found the pub
smiley-smile.gif

smiley-wink.gif
The pub next door says it has a small party room:
DSCF1197.jpg

Gagkev says "King WC could work his charm". Unfortunately, I don't have the 'gift of the gab', I'm not eloquent with words so perhaps I could delegate to Sir DD to get a discount on the pitch price and get the pub room for free on the usual proviso (we buy drink from them and take our own food).
I like the idea of emptying the throne on the pitch, if you know what I mean
smiley-wink.gif
. Free WiFi as well.

The Three Horse Shoes
smiley-wink.gif

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi King WC and fellow Woosies.
My main computer is having some tlc at an electronics mate so I m on the android.

Wheathill Touring Park near Bridgnorth Shropshire and the next door pub, The Three Horseshoes ticks all our caravan wheels.

So before I give up barking and try to be eloquent can we all:-

1.Agree we are all happy with the venue and location..

2. Agree 2oth or 27th September for the Woosifest or whatever date.

3. How many caravans and persons?

4. Who would like a longer stay?
We will have a week or so.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Checking back through replies to answer DD's questions:

Dustydog said:
Wheathill Touring Park near Bridgnorth Shropshire and the next door pub, The Three Horseshoes ticks all our caravan wheels.

1.Agree we are all happy with the venue and location.. Those who have expressed an opinion have either said OK to this, or go with the majority

2. Agree 2oth or 27th September for the Woosifest or whatever date. Those who have expressed an opinion have either said 27th, or go with the majority

3. How many caravans and persons? Approx same as previous 2 Woosiefests - 10 vans, with 2 people in each, plus assorted dogs (plus ladder, large mast, arc welder, large tool kit, kitchen sink, etc).
smiley-laughing.gif

4. Who would like a longer stay? 4 nights, arrive Thurs (25th) depart Mon (29th)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:

Dustydog said:

1.Agree we are all happy with the venue and location.. Those who have expressed an opinion have either said OK to this, or go with the majority

2. Agree 2oth or 27th September for the Woosifest or whatever date. Those who have expressed an opinion have either said 27th, or go with the majority

3. How many caravans and persons? Approx same as previous 2 Woosiefests - 10 vans, with 2 people in each, plus assorted dogs (plus ladder, large mast, arc welder, large tool kit, kitchen sink, etc).
smiley-laughing.gif

4. Who would like a longer stay? 4 nights, arrive Thurs (25th) depart Mon (29th)

Thanks your Highness.
It's so hard without a real computer!

I'll start the ball rolling.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Woodlands Camper said:

Dustydog said:

smiley-laughing.gif

Thanks your Highness.
It's so hard without a real computer!

Now I'm on an iPad I can see more.
So far, subject to correction of course, the following will hopefully attend The Woosie Fest at Wheathill Bridgnorth Shropshire end September .

King WC and Lady Squirrell

Sir Gagakev and Lady Mags

Sir Dustydog and Lady Villa

Lady Di Di and Sir Walkalot

Our Honorary Life Members The Lightpole Man and Carole

Surfer and Lady Surfer

Crazy guider

Lady Mel and The Aleman

Sir Mucky Pup and his Lady Sylv

Sir Deli Dave and Lady Linda

Sir Baldrick and Lady Belinda

Sir Sproket and Lady Mick

Sir Gabsgrandad and Lady Jean

Sir Kopite and Lady

I'll start the ball rolling.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
We haven't stayed at Wheathill or come across it before now, but we visit certified sites around the delightful market town of Ludlow at least once a year, sometimes more.
For those who come to this Woosiefest, don't forget your camera because there is some stunning scenery around Ludlow and Bridgnorth. Steam Railway enthusiasts can visit the Severn Valley Railway from Bridgnorth, there is also a Victorian Cliff Railway from Low Town to High Town and Ludlow retains some of the old medieval street patterns and buildings in the town, with it's market square and castle. Clee Hill is a high point in the area, there are old quarry workings at the top with panoramic views across several midland counties.
If the site is accetable to everyone we'll be going for four nights, Thurs - Monday lunchtime at whichever September date suits everyone else.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts