Woosie Club

Page 97 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mel
Arrived at 12.00pm having taken a narrow hilly shortcut! The road signs are non existant. Somehow we lost the B4364!
Very friendly people here. On pitch 1. One of the best toilet blocks I've seen in years.
no tv :dry: :eek:hmy:
Sky not working group yet. Might my kit. Caravan aerial no good. EHU has a TV booster point. Got that working this owning. Dodgy plug on my cable.
Sprocket
Are you sure your way points will stop the sat navigation taking the narrow road route?
Flags are banned as are banners. Grrrr
See you all soon. Tow safely.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Providing that there are no problems we will be coming round the M6 toll road & then up the M54 to Telford then down the A roads to Bridgnorth then when we get on the A458 the sat nav will be closely monitored to pick up the B4364 then down to the site. ...

What's wrong with your satellite dish ?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Steve
input 1 signal strength 75%
Signal quality 95%
Lock indicator ok
Network id transport stream. NULL
Input 2
o%
0%
NOT LOCKED
I've remade all the F connectors.
Changed the two sockets on the quad lnb.
Rebooted the sat box sky had +.
Usual power disconnection.
Nothing.
In a minute I'm going to re site the dish and try realigning and checking the angle of elevation.
We have had the NULL thing before. Usually the box resets itself.

All ideas will be welcome.
Cheers
DD

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Whoopee! ! :)
I realigned the dish by 5 degs.
Changed lnb skew able by 1 deg
changed angle of elevation by 10 degs
and we have sky+.
In 15 years of using sky never had this much trouble.
I suspect we get lulled into a false sense of optimism.
Back to basics and a clean sheet always works. B)

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like you're having a great time? Now I know why we leave the tv at home! (And the fact that the aerial is old analogue and therefore was removed).
Seriously; hope you all have a fab 'fest and that the weather stays kind for you all. Wish we were there :lol:

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
crazyguider said:
...(And the fact that the aerial is old analogue and therefore was removed).

You've been had by Sir Fixalot. There is no such thing as 'old analogue aerial', an aerial is an aerial and will pick up both analogue and digital. :p We pick up digital at home on an indoor aerial, and if you have decent signal strength you can even pick it up on a coat hanger.

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately when siting the van for storage last October, clever-****** Bramley didn't wait for my help and drove the van under a tree with a low branch, thereby removing the aerial and necessitating removal and covering the resulting hole with a fix! :woohoo: that'll teach him!!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
HEADS UP ALL WOOSIES ARRIVING AT WHEATHILL FROM BRIDGNORTH.

There is building work at the Three Horseshoes Pub which effectively obscures the turn to the site which is IMMEDIATELY LEFT after the pub. So once you see the pub:

Indicator on
Foot on Brake
Hands on steering wheel
Teeth set to grit.

If you miss it there is a little way before you can turn a big van around. We know. :angry:

Once here, a lovely site with big pitches and best toilets I have ever seen. :woohoo:
Mel

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
..........the toilet block sounds good :)

We have just done a weekend rally with no toilet block.
Now on a CC site without a toilet block for 4 nights

......better save me a pitch downwind ;)

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Mel said:
HEADS UP ALL WOOSIES ARRIVING AT WHEATHILL FROM BRIDGNORTH.

There is building work at the Three Horseshoes Pub which effectively obscures the turn to the site which is IMMEDIATELY LEFT after the pub. So once you see the pub:

Indicator on
Foot on Brake
Hands on steering wheel
Teeth set to grit.

If you miss it there is a little way before you can turn a big van around. We know. :angry:

Once here, a lovely site with big pitches and best toilets I have ever seen. :woohoo:
Mel

Oooh, Mel, that's a helpful posting, thanks very much. Contents noted. If my car is back in action by Thursday I shall look forward to seeing you all then!

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
It would appear I should automatically qualify as I am the better arf and am constantly running around after meself loik an eadless chicken, she don't know I put this on.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Sadly Lady Villa has been in bed all day with a migraine.
I took it upon myself in true Woosie fashion to reveal to the Three Horse Shoes Landlady, who I am.
We had a top drawer Sunday lunch yesterday. Superb.
The room Sue and Chris have reserved for us is delightful.
They have a good range of beers and wines.
Lunches and evening meals are excellent and fairly priced.

I just wondered if Sir Brian and Sir Mucky Pup may still make it ill health aside.
Hoping Cynth's water troubles get sorted too before Thursday.
In 36 years of caravanning the toilets here really are second to none. The Owner has thought it through very carefully.
When did you last see heated mirrors in a toilet block.?All pitches are fully serviced including Woosie waste.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up Mel :)
We'll look forward to being there tomorrow, albeit a bit later than planned because I have to go into Birmingham first on the way to pick up the caravan

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Costco have some Kidde Carbon Monoxide detectors on offer,£8.38 inc VAT if anyone at the Woosie meet wants one I am going there tomorrow night and can collect for Wheathill

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
DeliDave_ said:
Costco have some Kidde Carbon Monoxide detectors on offer,£8.38 inc VAT if anyone at the Woosie meet wants one I am going there tomorrow night and can collect for W

heathill
I'll have one please Dave.

Settle up when you get to Wheatalot.
Cheers

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Good report from Mel, trouble is I'm lost before I leave home, :blush: whichever way I google the postcode I end up at there sister site I just cant get on to the B4364 :angry:

So the only way I see it is to enter Ludlow into sat nav and when I get there re-set to Bridgenorth to get on to the B4364. Which effectively takes me up to Severn Bridge use the same road as to Poston and up to ludlow.

So I might be late!!!!!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
WoodlandsCamper said:
I can't wait til Thursday. Don't have all the fun before we get there. :angry:

Do we choose our pitch or are we pre-allocated?

Cant wait until Thursday.................to sell the crown (money will come in handy for the retirement) :lol: :lol:

Ps Fun starts when we all arrive, bet Dusty and Mel are right bored without us :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Good report from Mel, trouble is I'm lost before I leave home, :blush: whichever way I google the postcode I end up at there sister site I just cant get on to the B4364 :angry:

So the only way I see it is to enter Ludlow into sat nav and when I get there re-set to Bridgenorth to get on to the B4364. Which effectively takes me up to Severn Bridge use the same road as to Poston and up to ludlow.

So I might be late!!!!!
Hi Kev
This might be a bit of a long way round but the route is more straightforward. ;)
Leave the M5 north at Jn 6 and continue toward Kidderminster along the A449. This road has a 50 mph speed limit in places and apart from the static speed cameras there is often a police camera van which parks up in various different lay-byes clocking speeds so be careful. :dry:
From Kidderminster ring road follow the signs for Bridgnorth - Shrewsbury, you'll pass the shopping areas on your left and a large church with a statue outside it on the opposite side of the ring road, pick up the signs for the A442 which should be signposted Bridgnorth. You pass on the main road through Shatterford (where Led Zeppelin megastar Robert Plant lives :cheer: ) and Quattford (great for fishing) until you arrive at a traffic island where you turn left (A458 Much Wenlock - Shrewsbury).
Cross the river Severn and continue on the A458 until you come to a traffic island where you take the first exit (signposted B4364 Ludlow. There may also be a brown sign with a caravan on it and a stags head).
Turn off your sat nav which will try to take you off the B4364, continue on the B4364 past The Down pub on your right ( where they serve very good meals) and just stick to that road, enjoy the view of Brown Clee Hill on your right heading to Burwarton which is the last little village before The Three Horseshoes pub where you adhere to Mel's very good instructions.

WoodlandsCamper said:
Gagakev said:
Ps Fun starts when we all arrive, bet Dusty and Mel are right bored without us :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Parksy joins them tomorrow so they might not be toooooooooooo bored. ;)

I will be there around lunchtime hopefully , then back home to swap over to my other car B) and then from Dudley to The Plough, Far Forest, Bewdley at 8pm to treat Carole to a carvery which she enjoys, and hopefully back on site in time to sample a quick pint in The Three Horseshoes I hope :silly:
Have a safe journey everyone.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts