Woosie Club

Page 241 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Anyone going to Woosiefest have a spare draught skirt they want to sell.

Needs to be at least 3 metres long, 450 drop minimum, also need a wheel arch cover if you have one.

Thanks.

The King should have organised a bring and buy sale :p

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Anseo said:
Anyone going to Woosiefest have a spare draught skirt they want to sell.

Needs to be at least 3 metres long, 450 drop minimum, also need a wheel arch cover if you have one.

Thanks.

The King should have organised a bring and buy sale :p

Just given one away, oh well what about an external extending TV aerial. ?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
IIIIII'mmm in in incoherentttt toooo, boy is it quiet here Mels about 50 yds away, only sound on site I can hear is snorrrrring???

We shall fill it up after the weekend. :evil:

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
On my own 'dongle' Bill, there is site Wifi, (aerial just in front of your pitch). Should have good signal, and just to upset you there is a charge!

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
as long as they aren't actually fatal... We'd love to do next year if its within a 2 hour drive, as I'm at school and may get fined if I take time out of term time :evil:

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Woosiethorpe,

Here with Mel and Roger
Pete and Jean
Alan and Terri

(if I have names spelling wrong, I am sorry :blush: )

Enjoyed a short get-together and another planned for tomorrow evening.

All are really laid back people, a real pleasure to meet, friendly is a less than accurate way to describe the folks I have met here today.

Wonderful welcome from all of you and a real pleasure to be in your company,

Thank you,

(and the doggies are lovely too).

John

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Anseo said:
Woosiethorpe,

Here with Mel and Roger
Pete and Jean
Alan and Terri

(if I have names spelling wrong, I am sorry :blush: )

Enjoyed a short get-together and another planned for tomorrow evening.

All are really laid back people, a real pleasure to meet, friendly is a less than accurate way to describe the folks I have met here today.

Wonderful welcome from all of you and a real pleasure to be in your company,

Thank you,

(and the doggies are lovely too).

John

Glad you got down there safely I will be there just after Lunch time Thursday, van out tomorrow wash down and loading Wednesday. CU all soon weather looks goot , Grey arriving on Friday, have to get the chairs out around his pitch to watch the reversing. :woohoo: ,

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Sorry guys, welcome to sit around, I have caravaned in SA for many years and used to be able to reverse well enough. However now days if necessary have a handy PowerTouch thingy that works very well.

Having said that the more the merrier :) because I know caravan folks, they just cannot help themselves, won't take long and I will be the one sitting and watching a fine team of onlookers pitching for me!

Yvonne and I are looking forward to meeting everyone!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
King Gabs excelled himself. Excellent site with superb facilities. You may need to use your extra fresh water hose plus extra waste pipe .some of the pitches have the services on the wrong side for me. Sprocket wl be fine :(
As John said we have a lite gathering this evening. Woodies Quiz. Up the Woosie team. :cheer:
Our new Woosie made a Herculean journey from Kilmarnock. Well done John and Pressie. Great to meet you both..
Bill. My 3g phone is a no no it Terri's 4G gets wifixed ok. Site Wifi although here for a cost is a no signal.
Safe journey to all the Woosies :kiss:

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Yep, agree with Dusty met up for an early imbibe or 2 or 3, there's some bad influences here, but the 'Batemans' (local brewery) went down a treat! I got back to the van and barbied, but the other 'aristocrats' either dined in or bought a takeaway from Woodys, hope they enjoyed 'em. As Dusty said superb effort by John and Pressie to travel all the way from Scotland to join us, hope we can maintain our 'standards' for you. And any one who considers joining us in the future after these 'glowing' reports should know that there's only one rule to belong to the 'Woosies' and that rule is --- There are no rules !

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Hello fellow Woosies. It is with a heavy heart on both our parts to say we have emailed the site and will not be able to attend. After an agonising few days we have made the decision that I am not well enough to attend this year. We are seeking all the necessary medical interventions and I hope to be on the mend, or at least back to normal in the not too distant future.

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi Martin Firstly I am personally very disappointed / sad that you will not attend. I was really looking forward to meeting you and getting to know you in person! I do hope your problems improve soon. I have contacted the park and as soon as they finalized things with you I will fill your spot.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Martin,

I guess you can readily tell that you have the wishes of all here for you to be well enough to be giving us the pleasure of your company very soon.

Regards,

John

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Bill and Belinda arrived today as did Elaine and Steve (Parksy) .

Great to meet you all (lovely people).

They joined us at the quiz night in Woodys, we didn't win :dry:, we shall do better next time :p

The only downer for me was the embarrassment of being the thickest brick in the group.

So looking forward to the others arriving, these Woosies are great to be with.

Must start getting some pics for the memories, if I am permitted to post then I shall.

Ta Woosies :)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
No problems about posting the photos, we have itchy feet and realise we could have got away a few days earlier. Glad your enjoying the folk, I have even bought a fresh bottle of Calor light for our onwards travel. Should be there about 13.00 Thursday. :cheer:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Martin, I hope that you see an improvement soon and we'll look forward to seeing you when you're better.
This site is a cracker, well kept, quiet, great company and good beer in the bar what's not to like?
We arrived at tea time after I'd spent the morning renewing my Woosie credentials by unlocking my wheel clamps (or caravan is t/a), taking one off, becoming distracted with something and towing the caravan wheel over the second clamp because I forgot to remove it from the wheel. I had an hour or two hitting the thing with my lump hammer to try to free it before accepting my other half's advice that she'd offered two hours before to phone the RAC.
The fitter turned up when he said he would, jacked the caravan much higher than my car jack would go and hey presto!
Five minutes after the RAC arrived we were on our way to the Woosiefest B)

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.........great to meet up with everyone again :)
Best wishes to Martyn .....hope you feel better soon so that you and Jenny get out and about again.
Peter has chosen a great site........ couldn't be better.
Nice to meet John Sir Haggis......he has won the prize for coming the farthest!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts