Another dissapointment

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
For some years we/ I have been camping at Horsley Ccc, me for fishing, late wife for sceanry and being there . This week got to site and what do I find , building sites both sides lake and apart from the tree's being cut down the noise of machinery is terrible. Bang goes another quite place. Horsley is only couple of hours or so from our house and we regarded it "just around the corner". Am thinking second thoughts for May as I book several months of the year there. Only at Easter my brother took me for a ride around the town I w as born in and after that was horrified at what it had come to. Concrete jungle was more like it but present persons saying how they love it,jeeze. People say go with the times, me say glad I am on my way out and not in.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Presumably this is development work carried out by CCC on the site - you could always contact them to see if there is a completion date and a description of what is being done to 'enhance' the site! Google imagery is shown as 2023 and nothing is showing when this was photographed!

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Presumably this is development work carried out by CCC on the site - you could always contact them to see if there is a completion date and a description of what is being done to 'enhance' the site! Google imagery is shown as 2023 and nothing is showing when this was photographed!
No it is being done by a private firm and when I reported the lane leading up to the campsite had a deep hole which would cause problem if wheel went down it. Site manager has reported it but the firm seem to ignore him.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts