arial help needed

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am on the verge of buying the status 530/18 arial any body got good or bad advice on this product.also instead of taking the freeview box we was wondering if the bush dfta adaptor does the same as the box but less weight.if not what would you suggest.when we was caravanning recently we saw a caravan that had the arial mast fixed into a black brackett with the other side of the brackett fixed on to the handle of the jockey wheel.anybody now where we can get this brackett.has any body got any better or diffrent ideas that we could try.all help would be great

we are all learning new things everytime we take the van out

thanks to all helpers

MR & MRS N

Sep 8, 2004
Visit site
status produce all sorts of fixings[sold at most if not all 'van dealers]i use the uni-plate and mast which is spot on,they also produce an "a"frame bracket,all there directional aerials do a good job and pick up freeview,just a question of choice as to how you want to fix it to your 'van and how much you want to spend,i will add that none of there fixings require drilling holes in the 'van.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
been looking at ariels will probably go for the image 530/18-2 ariel which is priced at 25.95 and the uni mast at 19.95 been looking on internet cant seem to ge these any cheaper might still look 4 the bracket that goes on the jockey wheel so if any body knows where i can get one would be great.also looking into gettin a caravan charger sun solo 12v trickle charger that would save me getting the battery off any recomedations we saw one at golden castle caravans for 19.99 thanks

thanks also to

kenneth

and

ray d for your advice

Sep 8, 2004
Visit site
the dealer were you saw the aerial etc should do the a frame bracket,we tried one of these but they were a bit fiddly fixing round the a frame fairing and did'nt look as stable as the uni-mast[i use 2 brackets]but all the masts have pre drilled holes for a guy line.

spj

Apr 5, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

I would not bother with the status, our last 3 caravans have had the 530 and we can not always get a picture, for less money you can get a satellite set up and I find it is quicker to set up and you can use it with any van if you change with no drilling holes in the van. We have never failed to get a crystal clear picture.

spj.

Sep 8, 2004
Visit site
spj are you sure you have the 530[the directional one] and not the 315[omni-directional]my bro-in-law uses the 530/14 and i use the 530/18 both of which give excellent pictures on digital,the 315 can be very limited at the best of times.

Jan 8, 2006
Visit site
Get some small bore copper pipe some cable ties that will thread though the centtre. Cut two pieces of the pipe about 3/4 inch long thread a cable tie through them put one in the bottom offside awning rail the other in the top, move them clear of the window. Tie the arial pole to them you can sit in the van put your hand through the window and point your mast for best reception. The cheapest and best ariel support you will ever get. J.Lo

Jun 1, 2006
Visit site
We have the 530/5 - a vast improvement on the omnidirectional 315. I'd imagine that the 530/18 would give a similar improvement - being able to adjust for direction and polarity is crucial for getting the best possible signal. We've used the BUSH dfta very successfully at home and in the van - a lot less to carry and out of sight when installed, apart from the small IR receiver.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we have just bought the image 530/18-2.we didnt want the mast with the a frame bracket we had one before and it was very fiddley to do.thats something you dont want to be messing around with when you get on site.we also bought the bush dfta1001 freeview scart adaptor from tesco direct for 29.95 bargain just plugged it in and away you go and its less weight than a other box...regarding the ariel that come on some new caravans 315 status .well what a complete waiste of time the people who fitted them should of not bothered and had an extra 10 mins coffee break.

Sep 30, 2006
Visit site
Digital transmissions are on low power at the moment for various reasons, mostly to do with channel allocations. When analogue finally goes, the digital transmissions will be increased in power, some by a factor of 10.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Digital transmissions are on low power at the moment for various reasons, mostly to do with channel allocations. When analogue finally goes, the digital transmissions will be increased in power, some by a factor of 10.
thats quite right RonD

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts