Awning for Swift Corniche

May 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi

We just bought a Swift Corniche 15/2E 2 berth Caravan and the Awning that came with it is an Isabella which only runs about 2/3 of the length and is in relatively poor condition.

I would like to get a full length Awning for it that attaches to to van all the way round (the track is there).

I would be grateful if someone could let me know what our options are to do this.

This is our first caravan so we are trying to find our way thru it.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks

Mark

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
Hi

The first thing you need to do is measure your van's awning size.

This is done by using a ball of string, and feed it through your awning rail from ground to ground just like feeding your awning through, measure the string and you have yor awning size. I am quite new to caravan ownership, however, when you buy your awning buy one that the size scale starts at the size of your van

E.G. if the van measures 835cm the awnings will probably be 820-840, or 840-860, go for the bigger one to allow for sloping pitches, spray your awning rail with MR Sheen or similar and this eases the sliding

Hope this helps

Jon

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
I've never really understood why, once the ground-to-ground measurement for an awning has been taken, to go for the next size up to 'allow for sloping ground'. Surely as one end of the van goes up then the other goes down relative to the ground, making the measurement roughly the same. A bigger size would leave excess material (which can't always be pegged out) making it a baggy fit.

Regards

Apr 22, 2006
Visit site
If the ground is slopping away from the door of your caravan. ie left to right axis as opposed to front to back.

This can quite easily be 6 inches from the van to front of awning.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts