Awning size adjustment - anyone done it?

Feb 25, 2008
Visit site
Got a new caravan and the awning measurement is about 1m longer than the old one, so was looking at buying a new awning. In the caravan club magazine there are firms advertising that can extend your awning to fit, and I just wondered if anyone had any experience of this, and does it work OK?

Thanks

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
I had it done some time ago and it is very good the back is reduced but the front remains the same(you can make them bigger or smaller)there are limits to the amount of redution or increase.

Contact :- Canvas Repair Centre Ltd,121 Branston Road,Burton on Trent,Staffs,DE14 3DD, 01283 541721

They have been in business for many years and have a good reputation and offer a fast collection and delivery service if you are not local.

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
Bob

some time ago I changed to a twin axle van. I took my awning to Broad lane caravans @ Leek Wootton and had it coverted to a porch awning. The cost then was about

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes it works well if done properly, and is a lot cheaper than replacing your awning! Don't know where you are, but Squirrell Awnings in the Wirral have done some good work for me, by mail.

0151 3344528, ask for Sue.

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi, Yes the advice is good, have the awning adjusted to fit your new van. I have an Isabella bought 22 years ago, then changed van and made smaller to fit it, changed van and had it adjusted back to it's original size. Bought new bigger van and had it tailored to now be a large porch awning. Bought another van March 2008 and now have adjusted it to be porch awning that sits in the middle of the van.

Bill

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts