Awning

Feb 27, 2023
Visit site
Hi
We bought a awning 18mths ago and with this bad weather it's started to crack down one side it was advertised as all weather /seasonal which we thought you can leave up all year but the company says that's not the case seasonal he said is March to end of November he as recommended I coat it in fabsil gold
As anybody used this and if so will it do the trick
Thanks John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Do you have any photos of the damage? Also what does the Owners Manual say wrt seasonal usage? What make and model awning is it?

Sorry to hear of your problem. Re seasonal use we had a seasonal pitch at Forestry Commission Bracelands camp site in the Forest of Dean…. Ours was April to October, but there was also a November to March option too. Unfortunately we had to cancel it as Covid came along. So there are winter seasonal pitches. Your dealer is not correct in that respect.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Who advertised it as all weather/seasonal? If it was the manufacturer if you have a case it is against them, but if it was the dealer then it is against them for misdirection. Having looked at your description of the wording I do find it a bit ambiguous and I am not positive you would win a case against, but first you would need proof of the wording and if you have no longer have this, that this would be another difficulty. I would have to say that it is not an easy one as Winter is not mentioned. but seasonal is. Seasonal is usually from Spring through to Autumn and all weather could simply be storms whereas this sounds like frost damage, which is different, but I may be wrong.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2023
Visit site
Thanks for your message I have sent them photos and thy say it's not a all weather awning my mistake bought the wrong one as it's left up all year round not to worry I have been told to coat it with fabsil
Thanks John

Reactions: otherclive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts