Bailey Caravans

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I just wondered what the forum members thought about Bailey caravans. Especially the alu-tech range. I've sent off for a brochure for the Pegasus (series 2) Verona. It's the single axle, fixed bed model with end bathroom. I didn't like the last model because of the black front locker door. Bailey have gone back to the matching door colour to caravan. It would be interesting to hear views from Bailey owners on workmanship/build quality, things going wrong ie: electrics or mechanics, aftersales etc. Would you have another Bailey or steer clear of them?
Any information on here would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi Jupiter
We have the bailey olympus 534 which we think is an excellent van. We have had no problems with any faults of any kind since buying from new back in October. This is our second bailey first being a Bourdaux which again had no faults, so i personally would recommend bailey caravans. As for build quality i have no issues with both vans as were put together very well , as with the alu tech construction its in a word excellent . Also olympus has the grade 3 insulation so is a nice warm van . Would defo have another bailey. Other members of this forum will argue that they are not a good brand and there are others out there that are better built and finished better , of which there will be just the same as if you were buying a car !!! If you are thinking of buying a bailey then go for it , hopefully you will not be disappointed.

Dougie..........

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I love Baileys. Ours is not Alu tech but is still well built imo.
The only problems have been third party parts like Hartal door locks.
As with any make just be sure you choose a good dealer.
smiley-cool.gif

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think the most important thing to do when collecting your new van is TAKE YOUR TIME inspecting every single inch of it, every door, window, cupboard, catch, lock, furniture, fittings etc etc , and INSIST on being shown everything WORKING.
Look in every under bed locker, nook and cranny to see if everything is in good order.(Take a torch and have a GOOD look)

If you find faults, DO NOT take it away, and if there are faults, such have been reported by some, such as windows with gaps when closed, DO NOT accept the van.
Do not part with your money until YOU are happy, not the dealer, not the salesman, YOU

It is all too easy to be carried away on the euphoria of the purchase, but it is YOUR hard earned money you are parting with.

Expect to spend several hours checking out everything, and if the dealer is not willing to allow that,,,,,,,,,why?

It is just NOT acceptable to expect a customer to take a van with faults, that is what the PDI, which YOU have paid for, is for.

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
hi, i have a 09 ranger series 6 again no faults but seem to be a few who disagree on forum but i`m glad we`re not all the same.will be going for a alu-tec on next van i think they are the db`s.good luck and happy vanning

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Dougie 45 said:
............... Other members of this forum will argue that they are not a good brand and there are others out there that are better built and finished better , of which there will be just the same as if you were buying a car !!! If you are thinking of buying a bailey then go for it , hopefully you will not be disappointed.

Dougie..........
kopite said:
hi, i have a 09 ranger series 6 again no faults but seem to be a few who disagree on forum but i`m glad we`re not all the same.........
What you must bear in mind is that many posts on caravan forums only mention things that go wrong, the majority of satisfied customers who have trouble free caravans don't necessarily post on forums.
A look around any campsite will prove the popularity of Bailey caravans, they are within the financial reach of ordinary families and they have high levels of equipment.
Bailey's are no Van Royce that's true but how many ordinary people can afford to buy a brand new Van Royce? Baileys are great caravans for the money and the Alu Tec construction offers peace of mind with the unprecedented ten year guarantee.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Up to speed Parksy me old mate, no longer produced (Vanroyce) I had one of the originals from new when manufactured at Standish NR Preston (Tommy Green and co) who latter went on to produce the van master to which I believe you are referring to, and again passed on to new owners. Back on topic, I bought a new Bailey Arizona back in 2007, absolute nightmare, but full credit to Bailey thay had it to there factory twice (the second time collecting and returning to my home) and sorted all the problems,

Swapped for a new California in 2009 and that has been an absolute dream with no problems whatsoever, we now have our eyes on the new unicorn range, but are a little disappointed that they do not do Pegasus 554 layout in that range, so will wait and see what the future brings.

Allan & Gill.

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
all i can add to this is............ its surprising they actually get anything built with the goings on at that place lol

Post Edited
Parksy (Moderator)

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Haven't got an alutech but had 2 baileys before. I would describe them as " you get a lot for your money". We now have a coachman but wouldn't rule out a bailey again. They can't be compared, weight price and build. Of our 2 baileys one had few problems and the other was a nightmare but generally due to equipment problems. Bailey were excellent in putting things right. Possibly a more important issue is the dealer. Ours was excellent, Salop Caravans at Cosford.

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello I have a Bailey Ranger Two Berth Van 2003 model,
I bought it second hand about 3 yeas ago in what I thought was superb condition and I still do.
To my knowledge everything is original Except of course the tyres ( which i changed at 7 years old but they also still looked good)
We have had no issues with any part of the van and the previous owner told me that he had never had a problem.
By coincidence we have now traded the van in against another Bailey Ranger GT model again two berth and the dealer gave us almost what we paid well over two years ago. We did this last Friday and we collect the new van on Thursday. I am unable to compare Baileys to other makes but can only say that I am more than happy with my experience to date.
I have read some of the other replies on this thread and will certainly take on board the advice to thoroughly examine the new van at handover, I may not have had my brain in gear because as he mentioned this is our first new van and we are anxious to hitch up and get away.
Bailey have now fully gone over to the new allutec design with their vans and we would have to upgrade our car also to tow one of these The Ranger Fits nicely into The towing range of our Focus but the Olympus 2 berth is to heavy, we are really pleased to have managed to find this one last years model but still brand new.
(Pity the Awning Won't fit Though)
All the best with whatever you purchase.

Brian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts