Bailey Unicorn Madrid

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
Hullo
Just ordered one of these today from my local dealer - not finding anything about it online.
I believe Bailey will have one at the NEC show. Does anyone else have any information about it??

Lesley

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
LesleyStrawson said:
- not finding anything about it online.

Would be surprised if you did. According to Baileys brochure and their Unicorn website it doesn't exist!
The Unicorn range consists of three caravans - Seville, Valencia,& Barcelona.
Unless you've got a dealer's special edition.

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
If "Reads" is still about on the forum perhaps he might be able to give you some info on it.
I've kept an eye on most of the caravan forums on the subject of the Unicorn and you are the first I've heard make mention of it.
Good luck

Robert

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I cant believe you ordered a van without even seeing it or sitting in it.
Has anyone else ever done this?
Ive gone to the show with the intention on buying xyz as is looks good on paper but was very disapointed and ended up buying something else

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Michael E said:
I cant believe you ordered a van without even seeing it or sitting in it.
Has anyone else ever done this?
Ive gone to the show with the intention on buying xyz as is looks good on paper but was very disapointed and ended up buying something else

I was thinking the same thing myself when I read Nigel Donnelly's blog giving details of good sales figures for Coachman at The Lawns show.

http://www.practicalcaravan.com/news/coachman-cashes-lawns-show
Apparently two buyers at the show made purchases 'off plan'
Incredible!

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
We have paid a £500 deposit and placed the order. However, when our dealer has one on the forecourt (in a few weeks he reckons) we are going to go and see it, and if we don't like it he'll give us our money back. Although we'll probably end up putting it towards one of 2 other vans we fancy, so nothing lost as far as we can see. :)

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Dear All.

The Madrid is indeed a side-dinette four-berth version of the Unicorn. None have been built yet, but as of last week, Bailey had orders in for half-a-dozen!

Dealers requested this as many have noted a softening of demand for fixed bed models, with poor kitchen and lounge facilities being cited.

There will be one other new layout at the NEC too, in addition to the Madrid. I don't know what it will be, but given the current trend, it would not suprise me to see a twin-single fixed bed end washroom model, following a good start for Lunar's Clubman version. That last bit is a complete guess however!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
af01 said:
Noticed this morning that Lady Bailey Caravans are showing 2 new unicorn layouts; the Madrid and Almeria which can be found on their website

smiley-wink.gif
Nicely sneaked in.
What do you do at Lady Bailey then?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts