Caravan Stoves Cooker glass lid

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
When we were taking the caravan for a service we told him what needed doing went into the van and saw glass all over the floor could not understand why it broken anywhere we are now waiting for a replacement . i hope it comes soon .
Has anyone else had this problem

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Heck; on both our Bailey and our Bucanneer the glass top grub screws have come loose and the top come off in use. We read of them ending up on the floor so I have silicone sealant on and around the grub screws and where the lid is held. Do you think yours came off or just broke?

Reactions: Beachball
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
We once has a tin of bean fall on ours in transit. Smashed into a million pieces. We were finding it for year's, unbelievable. But it was easy, (though expensive) to change.

John

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
Heck; on both our Bailey and our Bucanneer the glass top grub screws have come loose and the top come off in use. We read of them ending up on the floor so I have silicone sealant on and around the grub screws and where the lid is held. Do you think yours came off or just broke?
Same on our Swift.
Fortunately the glass cooker top was on the floor and intact when we arrived on site.
Now glued and screwed into place and rather hoping no more drama!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Those little screws come loose ridiculously easily. Fortunately discovered this without breakage. Now regularly check,
Mel

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.....our glass cooker top is strapped down for transport.
It is strapped to the pan support frame directly beneath it and can't move.
I did this after finding it loose once and reading about others experiences where their's smashed with a costly replacement.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Spot on it was the grub screws that had come loose after further investigation

Last edited:
Reactions: JezzerB
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Those little screws come loose ridiculously easily. Fortunately discovered this without breakage. Now regularly check,
Mel
Hi Mel we never thought to check the screws but when it repaired that on the list before we go away on a break

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We once has a tin of bean fall on ours in transit. Smashed into a million pieces. We were finding it for year's, unbelievable. But it was easy, (though expensive) to change.

John
Just to try and "BlackCat" you. After a very exciting tow around the Paris Perifery, on the way to Ghandspatte. We opened the caravan door, to see that the inside table had come out of its storage and smashed through the oven glass door, as you say found bits of glass for years. Glass for door only £60 though.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Just to try and "BlackCat" you. After a very exciting tow around the Paris Perifery, on the way to Ghandspatte. We opened the caravan door, to see that the inside table had come out of its storage and smashed through the oven glass door, as you say found bits of glass for years. Glass for door only £60 though.
Our table in a cupboard next to the cooker and it very secured and we check it everytime .but accidents can happen as we have found out

May 23, 2021
Visit site
I exploded our cooker lid by putting it down before the hotplate had sufficiently cooled. :oops: Cue chips of safety glass absolutely everywhere. We were still finding the odd one months later.

Fortunately there was a caravan spares shop nearby, where we got a 3 pack of lids for £75. Not identical; they had no front ledge, just a half moon indentation for your hand to lift it up, but they fitted and do the job. Well, one of them does; the other two live in the loft awaiting another disaster.

If Mr. Glowlight were ever to mention it I would just remind him of when he spilled red wine all over the sofa on our very first night away. :p

• Haha
Reactions: Mel and Hutch
Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
When we were taking the caravan for a service we told him what needed doing went into the van and saw glass all over the floor could not understand why it broken anywhere we are now waiting for a replacement . i hope it comes soon .
Has anyone else had this problem
This has just happened to us,we found the lid on the floor,shattered.It also happened on a previous van (a 2013 Bailey Rimini),this time the lid was closed onto a very low flame - no safety cutoff valve fitted - bad design!

• Wow
Reactions: Hutch
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Been in contact with my caravan engineer he been on his supplier and now chasing the manufacturer to see when this replacement lid is coming cannot come soon enough .

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We drop our van off at the caravan repairer yesterday the sponge wedge for the microwave worked it now having a new replacement lid on cooker and other things on the list that needs doing

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts