DashCams

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We never remove ours. As per John, very occasionally sometimes on a hot day the sucker will come loose and camera will drop down and trigger the car alarm.
The 522Gw dash cam now fitted doesn’t have a suction mount it’s 3M adhesive which even if it should detach then “swings” on its short power cable.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The 522Gw dash cam now fitted doesn’t have a suction mount it’s 3M adhesive which even if it should detach then “swings” on its short power cable.
My apologies I was thinking of our 422GW camera with the suction which fell off twice last year. The new 622GW in the Jeep also has the 3M adhesive. However I would think the same applies as heat causes glue to become its adhesiveness. I think in the kit they give you there is a spare pad?

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Maybe the spec has changed - my 522GW came with both a suction mount and an adhesive mount - I use the suction mount and it does fall off in hot weather, but hangs on the cable.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
In that case, the spec has changed, like Rogers, mine came with both. My rearview camera has the sticky pad.

John
It doesn’t worry me that the spec has changed as I could have purchased a suction mount as an extra, but as with my satnav I don’t rate suction mounts to a windscreen as all that good.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Maybe the spec has changed - my 522GW came with both a suction mount and an adhesive mount - I use the suction mount and it does fall off in hot weather, but hangs on the cable.
My 322GW comes with both the sticky pad and suction pad, I found that after it falling off in the heat, If I then reattach it , it stays there until the temperature gets above, the previous "drop off" temperature

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My 322GW comes with both the sticky pad and suction pad, I found that after it falling off in the heat, If I then reattach it , it stays there until the temperature gets above, the previous "drop off" temperature
Is that the suction pad that keeps falling off or the sticky pad?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Sorry, It's the suction pad, and I have it in speed mode rather than picture, so I can keep an eye on GPS speed.
Thanks. I keep the satnav in map mode on the info screen as it display gps speed and speed limits. I will probably keep the dash cam in screen saver as from where it’s fitted I can only see half the screen.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Thanks. I keep the satnav in map mode on the info screen as it display gps speed and speed limits. I will probably keep the dash cam in screen saver as from where it’s fitted I can only see half the screen.
I do display the GPS speed, but not for myself as I have mounted mine on the passenger side of the mirror so my view is less disturbed, so cannot see the dashcam at all. But I sometimes get told off for straying a couple of mph over the limit.

John

Reactions: otherclive
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
It doesn’t worry me that the spec has changed as I could have purchased a suction mount as an extra, but as with my satnav I don’t rate suction mounts to a windscreen as all that good.
Our 622GW bought bought about two months ago had the suction included in the bundle. Can I suggest you check the original order if you bought it as a bundle as they may have overlooked supplying the mount for the front camera?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Nice warm day today took the dog out into the Downs and on arriving back found the dash cam hanging by its wire as the 3M adhesive had gone AWOL. Not impressed. Will contact Halfords re a replacement pad, but from previous posts the suction pad seems a better option. At least it is easy to replace when it falls off.

Wonder if Parksy used Soudal?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Nice warm day today took the dog out into the Downs and on arriving back found the dash cam hanging by its wire as the 3M adhesive had gone AWOL. Not impressed. Will contact Halfords re a replacement pad, but from previous posts the suction pad seems a better option. At least it is easy to replace when it falls off.

I'm sorry to say that I haven't fixed my sat nav yet Clive.
A couple of health issues have prevented me from doing DIY for a few weeks, but I have the materials ready.
I bought a contact adhesive from
Evo Stick from our local Screwfix which has had good reviews.
I'll let you know if it does the job

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

Sadly the suction pads are not available at present as we want to go the same way.

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
We used to have a similar problem with rear view mirrors falling off on the old Ford Granadas.
It was "discovered" that the answer appeared to be that the screen glass wasnt spotlessly clean when the pad was applied to it. Meths seemed to be the best cleaning agent.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We used to have a similar problem with rear view mirrors falling off on the old Ford Granadas.
It was "discovered" that the answer appeared to be that the screen glass wasnt spotlessly clean when the pad was applied to it. Meths seemed to be the best cleaning agent.
I will try that method as that’s my normal cleaning agent. Halfords used the Nextbase supplied isopropyl tissues.

It’s pain as removing the adhesive and getting it ready to rebond probably takes longer than the original fitment.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I will try that method as that’s my normal cleaning agent. Halfords used the Nextbase supplied isopropyl tissues.

It’s pain as removing the adhesive and getting it ready to rebond probably takes longer than the original fitment.
We bought direct from Nextbase and they supplied the new pad FOC.

Aug 23, 2023
Visit site
It worked for me, this is becoming an every day manner of driving see it quite a lot on the A38/A39 and at Jcns 24 & 25 on the M5. I have put a sticker in rear window saying that a rear camera is being used ( I don't have one) but it is surprising how many drivers tend to back off.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm sorry to say that I haven't fixed my sat nav yet Clive.
A couple of health issues have prevented me from doing DIY for a few weeks, but I have the materials ready.
I bought a contact adhesive from
Evo Stick from our local Screwfix which has had good reviews.
I'll let you know if it does the job
Parksy thanks for the update. My son suggested an adhesive CT1 that he’s used around the house and looking at its spec it can even be used underwater, but I’d be concerned to use it on a windscreen because if it didn’t work it could be the devils own job to remove it. I hope Airbus and Boeing dont have such problems sticking their aircraft together. 😂

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts