disgusting minging foul place to stay

Nov 9, 2005
Visit site
weve just got back from a campsite near dartmouth and i can honestly say it was disgusting.

it had a tent field with about 40 tents in it and a field with 7 tourers and about 10 tourers further down the cliff there was one porta cabin wich had 3 showers 3 sinks and a pot washing/clothes washing sink in the ladies and the same for men.

the shower cubicals were tiny and the walls were full of mildew and you only had a shower curtain the floor was always soaked with the amount of users the toilet seats were chipped and tiny you had to straddle the toilet to get out.thre was toilet roll but no soap or hand drier just boiling water with no warning signs .at meal times it was packed and god help you if you were in the shower because the water ran scorching and burnt you.

the field for tourers had 7 vans in it all with kids but several feet away from your awning door was a sheer drop with no fence or warning signs we had to possition our cars and chock them with bricks ( just in case) to stop kids dropping of the face of the earth.

the worst thing though was there was no chemical toilet disposal point or waste water point we were told to empty them down the toilet and rinse them at the tap....the one you get your drinking water from how disgusting is that

the owners were just packing them in like sardines one night a french camper van tuner up and the owner parked him by the toilet block and he had an ordinary extension lead which he had adapted that he ran infront of the mens loos to a hook up point on the other side of the field it was pitch black and the cable was black so dangerous he only stayed one night but thats not the point i cant believe such a dump exists funny not many people were going back next year

oh yea nearly forgot the washing up sink was also for clothes washing because the £2.70 washing machine which lasted 30mins left your clothes dirtier than when they went in

what a dump

Mar 13, 2006
Visit site
Sites like this dont desearve any customers,i've been on a couple commercial sites like this ,never again ,i always book caravan club sites from now on.They are all of acceptable standards ,most off them are relatively new with spotless facilities ,I admit that the odd site is in need of modernisation but the club are slowly refurbishing them all,what ever the age off the amenities the toilet/showers blocks are always clean.

Ihope this has been of help to you cheers Mike.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi dazicki

was it the site up on the hill overlooking the coast ??? we drove past one and thought "what a nice view to wake up to" !!didnt think about the dangers involved!!!!

Cant see that you are talking about the site we just came home from as it was spotless ,that was near dartmouth,we also stayed at longleat and this time the commercial site won hands down,althouth the CC site was as clean as ever there was nothing to do for the kids unless you forked out a fortune, dont mind this on weeks/weekends away but for a main summer hol its nice to have something included in the price,at 6pm when the leisure park colsed the caravan people got the park to themselves till 10pm !My friend went to a site in dawlish and it too was "apparently" abysmal !!

Its too easy to brag awards for allsorts,but its not fair on the commercial sites who genuinally(?) deserve them !

Tina x

Nov 9, 2005
Visit site
yes the view was fantastic but that was only the tent field who got it we could just about see the sea through the gap in the trees.the tent field wasnt dangerous though apart from being a bit bumpy and sloped there were terraces like layers statics and chalets the caravans then the tents but we were in a field to the side obviously an after thought weve been on many sites ive been caravanning since i was 6 ive never been to one quite as bad.

theres only one thing good that came out of my hols and that was paignton regatta fireworks they were humongus really good

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
tina did you go to woodland campsite
yes we did,woodlandsleisure park. 10 out of 10 for them.

we went in the cheaper field,bit uneven but masses of space to ourselves,the site was full but we never felt overcrowded,and even at the end of the day the showers and toilets were spotless !wardens around on golf buggys ALL the time,even a mobile local buthcher drives by for all your bbq needs !!!!

Tina x

Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
I take it we are not permitted to name these sites. Whats the point in having a forum on experiences (good or bad) on these sites, if we can't warn each other of these rip off sites??

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
To protect against litigation, it is not permitted to post individual complaints against companies or parks, especially if they list specific incidents, individuals or circumstances that cannot be verified.

Aug 13, 2006
Visit site
All you have to do is go to UKcampsites website and apparently you can say whatever you like - in as much as it is a free country and we do have free speech - on that website you can be perfectly honest with your praises or critisisms without fear of having to tippy toe around key advertisers of the current forum's publishers! - www.ukcampsites.co.uk

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
www.ukcampsites.co.uk is also very very good for getting reviews on sites you wish to visit or to find sites in any area you wish to visit. We have used the site for many years now and never visit a site before checking out the reviews on ukcampsites.

Jul 9, 2006
Visit site
Hello daziki

these sites should be named and shamed join the c&cc. we always stick to the club sites you are always going to get clean loo's and showers never hit a bad site yet and the people are very friendly.Ian.L

Nov 9, 2005
Visit site
we want to join the camping and caravan club and had our heart set on a site at watergate bay cornwall think its called tregurrian or something when we were in devon we drove all the way to watergate bay to seek out next years site and have a day on a real beach.so anyway we went into their office and asked for bochures and application forms also asked if we could book 3 pitches together having kids who are in and out of awnings all day dont like them having to go across the site and that so the bloke said we could try but it wasnt likely wed get them so when we went we talked about it and it bothers me we cant be together does anyone know a way around it

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just came across this post whilst searching for another.

Dartmouth....Well. I'd give the whole Town a miss if I were you!!

It seems that Dartmouth has rather shot itself in the foot as far as "welcoming" tourists goes. We are DROSS, and not wanted! Especially in August (which, incidentally is their Regatta Week).

http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=134844&command=displayContent&sourceNode=134828&contentPK=15359016&moduleName=InternalSearch&formname=sidebarsearch
We certainly won't be spending another penny in what is obviously a rather snooty little town with big ideas about itself. We'll spend our money elsewhere, and hope you will do likewise!

Wake up Dartmouth!! You are just anothet pinprick on the map, and certainly nothing special. Dingy streets, filthy gardens, overpriced shops and restaurants, and so run down that it almost reminded me of Bootle on a wet weekend. But then Bootle knocks the spots off it!!

WE TOO can choose where we spend our money!! And we will....

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
Just came across this post whilst searching for another.

Dartmouth....Well. I'd give the whole Town a miss if I were you!!

It seems that Dartmouth has rather shot itself in the foot as far as "welcoming" tourists goes. We are DROSS, and not wanted! Especially in August (which, incidentally is their Regatta Week).

http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=134844&command=displayContent&sourceNode=134828&contentPK=15359016&moduleName=InternalSearch&formname=sidebarsearch
We certainly won't be spending another penny in what is obviously a rather snooty little town with big ideas about itself. We'll spend our money elsewhere, and hope you will do likewise!

Wake up Dartmouth!! You are just anothet pinprick on the map, and certainly nothing special. Dingy streets, filthy gardens, overpriced shops and restaurants, and so run down that it almost reminded me of Bootle on a wet weekend. But then Bootle knocks the spots off it!!

WE TOO can choose where we spend our money!! And we will....
We spent a couple of hours in Dartmouth whilst staying nearby in August and I was extremely unimpressed

Sep 23, 2006
Visit site
Oh yes I remember that place queueing for the ferry for ages, drove straight through it and out to Bigbury/Bantham and Burgh Island, now that IS a pretty part of south Devon. Only thing I remember being nice about Dartmouth was travelling there once by Steam Train from Paignton and then going on a river trip, but that was a birthday treat while on holiday and cost plenty for a family!!

Nov 9, 2005
Visit site
dont get me started again dartmouth is a horrible place very up their own arse. unfriendly. we felt very un easy there like it has a nasty rough side late at night.we went in the band stand to shelter from the rain and there were blood splattered all up the sides and pool shapes on the floor in a disturbing way like it was fresh of a crime scene i know they cant clean up all the time but this was a centre piece of the park and it wasnt fresh blood i dont know just made me feel bad

paington was ok bit like blackpool lots of cheap shops selling rubbish but the kids love that.we went to their regatta fireworks they were unbelievable fantastic we live near blackpool and i have to say paington puts blackpool fireworks to shame we recently had the fireworks championships and they wernt a patch on paington.

brixham ermmmmmm sort of dirty id say not very much there alltough we did see a seal come into harbour and have a play

plymouth is like any large town you visit same shops woolies argos m&s

there you go ive said my bit feeling loads better for getting it off my chest

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts