French Med in August

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Looking to go to med last two weeks of August, any suggestion for a site with pool, slide and restaurant, but not too busy. Tall order i know. Around 250 pitches would be ideal. Also cook on Cadac gas bbq a lot so need to be able to use this.

Jul 31, 2006
Visit site
Martyn,

Last 2 weeks of August shouldn't be to busy as most of the French will be back at work.

You may find it difficult finding a site along the Cote d'Azure (St Trops to Cannes) that will let you have a BBQ because of the fire risk.

if your willing to forgo the BBQ this is my favourite site near Frejus, just 2 km from the beach www.etoiledargens.com/ otherwise a good starting point is here www.eurocampindependent.co.uk/ and if you find one you fancy book your site direct with the owners it'll save you a couple of

G

You may want to have a look at the Yelloh Villages.

www.yellohvillages.com

After the mayhem of the first 2 weeks in August they are usually easy to book and provide all the facilities you mention.

They are not everyone's cup of tea but are clean and well run.

G

OK sites, but no S in the url

www.yellohvillage.com/en/

Hope that helps Scotch L

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi, we are going la baume near ferjus in august with eurocampindependant , no gas bbq allowed so we are going to buy a george forman bbq grill....pete

G

The print on the brochure was so small I had to get a magnifying glass to read it and yes, you are correct. However, I am sure a search would have revealed all, especially as it is not a 'link'

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks all for your suggestions, now going with some friends and have decided on Camp du Verdon in Castellane mainly because it should be quieter away from the coast and we are able to cook outside on bbq at this site.

May 18, 2006
Visit site
Martyn,

We have just booked for this site for the last 2 weeks of August. Might see you there.

We are doing 2 stops on the way down from Zeebrugger.

Graeme.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Grahame,

We are only having one stop at Gigny on the way down from Calais. It makes it two long days travelling I know, but this way we get two full weeks on site. We are travelling with two other families with teenage children so I hope the choice of site suits.

Aug 30, 2006
Visit site
A 170 mile round-trip to the coast along a VERY twisty road.

Hours of sunshine limited by the camp being in the bottom of a deep 'canyon'.

Little or nothing for teenagers to do in Castellane.

Take a look at the two Camping Cheque sites at Adge.

Olly.

Aug 30, 2006
Visit site
Hello Martin.

We have been to the area many times but never in August and never to that site.

Friends who had stayed there warned us of the shadow problems connected with being in the bottom of the gorge and on several occasions I have read of forum members experiencing problems with soft ground.

So as we particularly like staying in lakeside locations, we always stay at Les Salles sur Verdon which is situated at the other end of the gorge. See .

http://www.campinglespins.com
This is a lovely site with friendly owners the only problem of which is that in common with large parts of southern France, the Mistral can blow round the clock for days on end - if you have an awning it would need to be well strapped down.

On a slightly different issue, if you do go to Castellane take a look at P5 of this section where you will see comments on the Route Napoleon which is the road you would use to approach from the north.

It's a glorious drive but .

The comments will speak for themselves..!

Hope this helps,

Olly.

We have a favourite site at St Clair, between St Tropez and La Lavendou. The site is in two parts and you want the more modern half, larger pitches. No trouble with bbq. Nothing on site but beach two minutes away. Can walk into La Lavendou in an evening. If you have a young family this would be no good for you but we love it. Beach can be a bit crowded. Called Caravaning St Clair St Clair Plage, La Lavendou. Its in the caravan book European book. Happy hols.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts