Fully serviced pitches

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
By fully serviced in addition to EHU you have fresh water and waste water connections to the pitch. I have noticed recently that quite a few sites have either added new fully serviced pitches or increased the number of fully serviced pitches that they already have. I think this is good news to a lot of people using caravans who like us do not like to use the common site facilities.
Personally I would like to see a lot more fully serviced pitches coming Online at more sites as I think it is the way forward. Surely it is cheaper for the site to have fully serviced pitches as for a start they would save on water and electric for heating facilities plus they would not have to employ someone to set up a cleaning regime for toilets. The price of the fully serviced pitches could then be reduced while pigs fly.
Would you prefer to use your own facilities or use site facilities?

Reactions: PTA
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
FSP have been our preference for a number of years now. Saves the knees fetching the water and disposing of grey water. A lot of sites have now gone fully serviced , all pitches, including brown waste. See Wheathill Shropshire as an example. We chose our caravan for its rear ens roomy bathroom. We use it all the time now for everything.

Reactions: Buckman
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We have always used the shower and toilet in our caravan, all three of our caravans have had separate showers, not the ones where the shower is in the toilet area,
FSP whenever we can.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We like FSP on CMC sites because once you have booked a FSP you are pretty certain to get a levellish hardstanding pitch and even at popular sites you do not have the rush around looking for the favourite pitches, although we have had to ask people to move from a FSP where they had pitched without realising it was a FSP, or at least that was what they said!

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
For five years we were seasonal on a site that did not have a toilet Block or showers but it came with full hardstanding service pitch fishing pond and caravan storage but then we brought a Elddis Crusader Super Sirocco Twin Axle but now i preferred to use disabled facilities on site that my choice :)

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
We always try and use FSP in winter, not too worried at other times and quite like the process of venturing to the shower block.

Kev

May 24, 2014
Visit site
We have always used the shower block, neither of us, for some unknown reason have ever felt the need to shower in the caravan, or most other things for that matter. We aim for FSP especially if we have the grandkids with us, then I dont need to lug the 2 x aquarolls and wastemaster along with things like 2 x carseats, 2 x bikes and 2 kids.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
On the subject of Colapz, has anyone bought the Colapz Wastepipe Kit and if so, which one, four or eight peice?
We did look at it but a lot cheaper to buy the waste pipe and joiners. We have approximately 10m and 3 joiners. Certainly a lot cheaper than the £30-£50 they want. All kept in the front locker.
The £30 is probably too short at 4 metres. On more than one occasion we have had the need for more then 8m as per another thread I started where the bollard was in between pitches and on the nearside of our caravan.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
They are expensive right enough, and I thought the four pack too short, but I always end up cutting a bit off and it gets shorter and shorter. The amount I have bought over the years has cost me far more than fifty quid.

I have been on a couple of sites, caliming to be environmentally friendly, that allow you to empty grey waste water into the bushes. I cant see it does any harm and helps to keep the hedges watered. Pity more sites dont do it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Staff savings are going to be very much, becasue most sites will still have some facilities and even if its only 1 toilet it will need to be cleaned.

And there is a considerable cost to installing all the services to each pitch, so don't expect cost savings if any for several years yet.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
They are expensive right enough, and I thought the four pack too short, but I always end up cutting a bit off and it gets shorter and shorter. The amount I have bought over the years has cost me far more than fifty quid.

I have been on a couple of sites, caliming to be environmentally friendly, that allow you to empty grey waste water into the bushes. I cant see it does any harm and helps to keep the hedges watered. Pity more sites dont do it.
Some sites i have been on said put the waste water in bushes so i am in agreement on this ;)

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Clearly, from expressions here and evidence on the ground I am out of sync with "modern" thinking, I actually don't want to pay for things I don't "need", nor facilities we would not choose to use.

We are old, so actually getting out and moving, doing the extra few things a service pitch would relieve us from, is very much what our doctor orders to be able to carry on this hobby. As he said on the last visit, "keep doing what you do".

So no, we don't want or need them and don't want to fund them either, as well as carry the extra clutter to facilitate those odd days we could take "advantage".

Reactions: Johnb
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Clearly, from expressions here and evidence on the ground I am out of sync with "modern" thinking, I actually don't want to pay for things I don't "need", nor facilities we would not choose to use.

We are old, so actually getting out and moving, doing the extra few things a service pitch would relieve us from, is very much what our doctor orders to be able to carry on this hobby. As he said on the last visit, "keep doing what you do".

So no, we don't want or need them and don't want to fund them either, as well as carry the extra clutter to facilitate those odd days we could take "advantage".
Likewise we never felt the need to book fsp although once we were put on one and having the tap close was useful. Like site facilities such as showers we’ve always had the preference fir using site showers. Last May we used the vans for wo weeks as the sites were “ locked down”. But using our own took longer as we couldn’t just go over together to site showers and we had to remember to put the water heater on at a time when it’s normally off.

But as BB would say “………… own”

May 24, 2014
Visit site
For us its just more convenient when the kids are with us, we need to carry much less, some waste pipe and an aquasource takes up far less room than two barrels and the hated wastemaster. When we are just two, we take whatever pitch comes.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
For us its just more convenient when the kids are with us, we need to carry much less, some waste pipe and an aquasource takes up far less room than two barrels and the hated wastemaster. When we are just two, we take whatever pitch comes.
From the age of around three our grandkids hauled water in the aqua roll. Cheaper than a fsp pitch. 😂

Reactions: fkeates

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Some of this makes me wonder just how much water some must get through to have collecting it and disposing of it as such big issues?

Probably domestically not being on mains sewage and using a very costly to empty cesspit, until very recently, conditions one to careful use?

This talk of twin 40 litre Aquarolls and piped systems, I have a single smaller version [ 27 litre?] that I fill routinely in the morning but not because its empty, but would become if not done that day.
It's not either as if caravan loos are flushed, only rinsed, and van showers are rarely power showers and with finite reserves of hot storage.

Seems if we are trying to morph a touring van into more of a clone of a domestic dwelling, somewhat defeating what it is and offers.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Some of this makes me wonder just how much water some must get through to have collecting it and disposing of it as such big issues?

Probably domestically not being on mains sewage and using a very costly to empty cesspit, until very recently, conditions one to careful use?

This talk of twin 40 litre Aquarolls and piped systems, I have a single 27 litre that I fill routinely in the morning but not because its empty, but would become if not done that day. It's not as if caravan loos are flushed, only rinsed, and van showers are rarely power showers and with finite reserves of hot storage.
Seems if we are trying to morph a touring van into a more of a clone of a domestic dwelling, somewhat defeating what it is and offers.
i have one 40 litre Aquaroll and waste pipe on my hardstanding service pitch comes with a tap and drain

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

On a number of occasions we have seen people on a FSP, but still using the aquaroll and wastemaster? Communal toilets are a health hazard as proven over the past year so why use them? However luckily everyone has a choice and we know what our choice would be which is why we always look for sites with FSPs and CLs with FSPs.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

This talk of twin 40 litre Aquarolls and piped systems, I have a single smaller version [ 27 litre?] that I fill routinely in the morning but not because its empty, but would become if not done that day.
It's not either as if caravan loos are flushed, only rinsed, and van showers are rarely power showers and with finite reserves of hot storage.

Seems if we are trying to morph a touring van into more of a clone of a domestic dwelling, somewhat defeating what it is and offers.

Its not just confined to caravans as our grandson thinks he and his partner are avid campers. To them £300 -400 for a long weekend in a Mongolians summer quarters inclusive of mod cons is camping. But they enjoy it and it gets them out into the country side. I can see the benefits of fsp for older people, but fortunately we both have no mobility or health issues so it wasn’t something that bothered us. And it cut down on stuff that had to be taken.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
On a number of occasions we have seen people on a FSP, but still using the aquaroll and wastemaster? Communal toilets are a health hazard as proven over the past year so why use them? However luckily everyone has a choice and we know what our choice would be which is why we always look for sites with FSPs and CLs with FSPs.
What has happened over the last year to “ prove” communal toilets are a health hazard. Why single out toilets, as many places have had restrictions placed on them for covid precautions. Rightly or wrongly. . Prior to Covid I’m not aware of communal toilets being listed as a health hazard. Your average kitchen dish cloth and peanuts on the pub bar are times more unhealthy.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts